NEWS

Cyber Horns?

• 6 Replies

JimJungle

• Chummer
  • I Keep My Ham Sliding...
« on: <06-11-11/1608:31> »
OK, lets say you have a troll that has one large horn protruding from his forehead, like a rhinos.  Is it possible to have cyberware installed in said horn? If so, what would be apliccable?  Also, would moding a horn, which is not quite a part of ones body, does that take essence?

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-11-11/1613:32> »
 a Fingertip compartment or a Monofilament Whip.A small Smuggling compartment, a Sensor
ImO a maximum of 4 Slots (like a Cyberhand) Cyberarmor 1 Level max
And It would cost the same amount of Essence as a Cyberhand ImO .
One of Us,a Player whose Char is a Mino has a screwed off Horn with a grenade in it....oO( or was it Explosives ? Can't really remember)

HokaHey
Medicineman
« Last Edit: <06-11-11/1616:35> by Medicineman »
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <06-11-11/1700:49> »
You close your fist, then extend your forefinger and pinkie.  Toss it into the air and rock it forward at the wrist.

Cybernetics not needed, unless you have a cyberhand.

Wrong kind of horns?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Denver Doc

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <06-12-11/1344:12> »
IMO it just depends on what you have in it.  If you are going to try and jam regular cyber into it I would agree with MMan.  If on the other hand you are going to store something in it I think I would make it a lower essence cost storage compartment.
Tell the doctor where it hurts.

James McMurray

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <06-12-11/1437:59> »
Essence isn't just about how much of your body has been replaced by technology. It's about how much of your life force / spirit / (meta) humanity has been replaced. For instance, adding something to your body (like breasts or prosthetic horns) has just as much of an impact as replacing both of your eyes and wiring the new ware into your brain.

Using a horn as a cyber storage compartment is a great idea, but it shouldn't get you around the essence loss for having implants.
Need a random generator?  Click here.

Check out our campaign.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <06-13-11/0559:21> »
Essence isn't just about how much of your body has been replaced by technology. It's about how much of your life force / spirit / (meta) humanity has been replaced. For instance, adding something to your body (like breasts or prosthetic horns) has just as much of an impact as replacing both of your eyes and wiring the new ware into your brain.
Well only a little more then rating one eyes and less then rating 2 eyes, also in the case of the horns only the retractable ones witch do also have to be wired into your brain, as do the breasts. So i don't think thats a very good example of what your trying to say.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #6 on: <06-13-11/0805:09> »
Essence Loss has NOTHING to do with how much you change your body or HOW connected it is to your Nervous system.
Essence Loss has always and will always be a pure balancing mechanism, that does not make any god damned sense. . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush