NEWS

old guns

• 32 Replies

Grimnahr

• Newb
  • Ich spreche nur ein bisschen Sperethiel
« on: <05-17-11/1847:14> »
I was wondering if there was anything published about old weapons like ohhh I don't know Glocks and AR15's and even older weapons like muzzle
loaders.  I would like to run a Indian shaman that uses an old flintlock or an old colt single action army. If you all could point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it thanx  ;D 
What do you mean "REAL" coffee is better than SoyCaf?!?!?!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <05-17-11/1853:04> »
Man, that's older than Old Skool!

I was clicking this and wondering if someone wanted to pull out a Colt Peacemaker or something.  ...  Wait, Colt Single Action Army, there it is.

They're still made today in a variety of calibers.  You could probably use the stats for the Cavalier Deputy (Only with six shots) or the Ruger Super Warhawk, with the provision that it can't use speedloaders (Loading Gate, not Swing-Out Cylinder.).
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #2 on: <05-17-11/1902:10> »
There's the Street Sweeper blunderbuss.  And yeah, the Super Warhawk is a pretty good pick.
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #3 on: <05-17-11/2025:54> »
I would think the Super Warhawk is based off a round that could be considered more powerful than the 2 century old (in 2072) .45 Long Colt.

The Cavalier Deputy (if you're making your own ammo) or the Colt Asp (firing store bought stuff) sounds more on par. Yes IRL the .45 LC is that varied, most people who own a gun that fires it load their own, so make sure you have enough Armorer skill...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #4 on: <05-17-11/2102:19> »
I would think the Super Warhawk is based off a round that could be considered more powerful than the 2 century old (in 2072) .45 Long Colt.
They're made today in modern calibers.  I'm not sure about .44 Magnum, but I do know you can get them in .44 Special.  .357 Magnum certainly.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Blond Goth Girl

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <05-17-11/2131:22> »
If you're going old west and antique, I'd go with an colt.  You can say it's magical and inflicts more damage, passed down from generation to generation, only your bloodline can use it, maybe it's a foci....many possibilities....including disguise - no one would think it could do any damage....cool looking anyhow.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <05-17-11/2150:21> »
OK, checked it out, you can order the Colt Peacemaker in .32/20, .38 Special, .38/40, .357 Mag, .44/40, and .45 Colt.

Not quite Ruger Super Warhawk, but I'm sure Colt will have time to work on the gunmetal enough to build it in whatever caliber the Ruger uses.

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to rant at the closest brick wall about the lack of calibers listed in Shadowrun.  Again.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Cass100199

• Chummer
  • Truth hurts only if you're a dumba**.
« Reply #7 on: <05-17-11/2222:58> »
Where do you get the bullets?

I always assume that weapons in SR are generally the same caliber, but have better powder, etc. A Single Action Army in 45 Colt is a big boy pistol. If you're using modern ammo, then it shouldn't matter, but will the pistol of that age be able to handle SR period propellants?
You can't tell me what toys I can play with.

Blond Goth Girl

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <05-17-11/2224:02> »
Nowadays, everyone prefers Glocks and it seems that SR4 took them to the next level.

In modern times, I would take a Para for the mag capacity and other innovations but ....can't afford.  Would be interesting to see if a PC came up with a custom SR4 gun upping a Para's base stats to a 2070 world. 

http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=84

Old guns - you could probably get custom bullets made but buy in quantity

Cass100199

• Chummer
  • Truth hurts only if you're a dumba**.
« Reply #9 on: <05-17-11/2227:48> »
everyone prefers Glocks

Ughh! If I'm going polymer it'll be Springfield or Sig. Personally, I'll stick with the all metal 1911 (Colt Commander) in my bedroom.
You can't tell me what toys I can play with.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <05-17-11/2235:35> »
I have a WWII Colt 1911, and I'll stick with that thanks.  I can't see technology ever advancing to the point that a .45 slug isn't enough for home/personal protection.

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #11 on: <05-17-11/2237:14> »
Eh, I'd probably go with a phased plasma rifle in the forty watt range.  I just don't trust those newfangled sixty watt range rifles.
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <05-17-11/2240:17> »
I have a WWII Colt 1911, and I'll stick with that thanks.  I can't see technology ever advancing to the point that a .45 slug isn't enough for home/personal protection.
Body armor becoming common with home invaders?

And, while it's not technology, a .45 ACP is a man stopper.  Is it a troll stopper?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #13 on: <05-17-11/2245:17> »
Where do you get the bullets?

I always assume that weapons in SR are generally the same caliber, but have better powder, etc. A Single Action Army in 45 Colt is a big boy pistol. If you're using modern ammo, then it shouldn't matter, but will the pistol of that age be able to handle SR period propellants?
If it's that old, I'd keep it configured to go with the old trusty cased ammo and not worry about caseless and all it possibly brings to the table... I think firearms have become even more broken in 4e and need an overhaul, but I've gone on about that quite a bit on other threads. Eventually I'll finish my interpretation and post it.

Body armor becoming common with home invaders?

And, while it's not technology, a .45 ACP is a man stopper.  Is it a troll stopper?
That's where this comes in...

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <05-17-11/2246:53> »
Muahahahaha.

As for trolls, I said technology, not magic.  Obviously that trumps any science/physics.