Shut up, Outrider!

(wait for it... he'll be along shortly)

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <01-25-11/1516:41> »
Outrider???

As in Games Workshop outriders?

This isn't Andy Boyce is it???  ;D

Edit: Scratch that...Andy is actually older than me. Although it would have been funnier than a really hot place that smells of brimstone.  ;)
« Last Edit: <01-25-11/1518:55> by John Schmidt »
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #32 on: <01-25-11/1519:54> »
No, it's not. Outrider's my best friend (and I'll be rooming with him & his wife @ GenCon) and will indubitably have a comment about my age. ;)

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <01-25-11/1525:27> »
For my 30th birthday I went bungee jumping. For my 40th I went to Castle Conquest for the first time. Not sure what I am going to do for my 50th...maybe have a wake!

Anyway, you are going to be running Shadowrun all night long at the hotel Fastjack? ;D
Maybe we could have a Shadowrun game with paintball guns!!! Hotel might not appreciate that though.
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #34 on: <01-25-11/1528:27> »
We have a semi-official Shadowrun Meet & Greet on Wednesday Night at the Claddagh, a bar near the convention center, every year.  Usually starting around 8 and closing the place down.
I should be hittin' Indy about 3-4pm, so unless something goes terribly wrong on the drive up from Kentucky (the last leg of my road trip), I should be there in plenty of time to hit the meet an' greet. 

Any place called "Claddagh" had BETTER damned well have some good pub grub, though.  I'm gonna be hitting Gencon freshly home from studying abroad in Scotland for part of the summer, so my expectations for authentic, pseudo-Celtic pub food will be very high.   :D

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <01-25-11/1654:02> »
Is Catalyst going to be at the current Marriott location, or the new one opening in a few weeks?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #36 on: <01-25-11/1710:16> »
Christ.  I'll be 37 just after GC (My b'day is on the 10th).   We're  abunch of geezers, ain't we?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #37 on: <01-25-11/1712:14> »
For my 30th birthday I went bungee jumping. For my 40th I went to Castle Conquest for the first time. Not sure what I am going to do for my 50th...maybe have a wake!

Anyway, you are going to be running Shadowrun all night long at the hotel Fastjack? ;D
Maybe we could have a Shadowrun game with paintball guns!!! Hotel might not appreciate that though.

There's a company that does Airsoft events at Origins and Gen Con.  I'd LOVE to talk to them and find a way to do a Shadowrun Airsoft LARP some year.

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #38 on: <01-25-11/1719:39> »
Only if I get to use my new toy at it :D.  You know I'd work it.

Still procrastinating; think I'll get badges this week finally for the big cons.  I'll get around to a hotel at some point, like I do
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <01-25-11/1723:47> »
As awesome as it'll be...I don't think I'll be able to get down there for more than a day this year. Which makes me one sad panda.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: <01-25-11/1726:48> »
Yeah, I had to do just a single day last year; which SUCKED!!!  Ok, actually it was a great time, but I want more this year!

Unless I somehow get to go to Ireland again... then I can live with 1 day
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <01-25-11/1732:09> »
Yeah, I had to do just a single day last year; which SUCKED!!!  Ok, actually it was a great time, but I want more this year!

This is going to be the first time since 2004 that I'm not going to be bringing a load of books in (first year was Handbook: House Steiner, every year after that was the whole fricken' booth), minus the one year I didn't have any vacation time from starting the new job.

Stupid needing two weeks for the honeymoon.

*grumble* *grumble* *grumble*
Power corrupts.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #42 on: <01-25-11/1851:39> »
Is Catalyst going to be at the current Marriott location, or the new one opening in a few weeks?
The new one.

This is going to be the first time since 2004 that I'm not going to be bringing a load of books in (first year was Handbook: House Steiner, every year after that was the whole fricken' booth), minus the one year I didn't have any vacation time from starting the new job.

Stupid needing two weeks for the honeymoon.

*grumble* *grumble* *grumble*
You should combine the two! Heck, get MARRIED at GenCon! ;D

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <01-25-11/2155:23> »
You should combine the two! Heck, get MARRIED at GenCon! ;D

That's already been done, a full-on recreation of Hanse and Melissa's wedding. Real bride, real groom, real priest. The only way to top that would be to consumate the event...and you can imagine how well that one went over with the future missus.
Power corrupts.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #44 on: <01-25-11/2202:40> »
Hmmm... You could do a Shadowrun-themed wedding. You'd be Slamm-0! and she'd be Netcat. Afterwards, we can write it up and put it in a Missions book! ;)