« Reply #60 on: <05-09-11/1808:57> »
Is it August yet?

Not yet. Soon friend, soon.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #61 on: <05-23-11/1643:05> »
Shadowrun Scramble Costume:  Almost complete!  Elf ears and/or fedora is all that's required (and, uhh, and then actually finishing my character).

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #62 on: <05-30-11/2353:44> »
Sad thing is, if I really wanted to, some of my tacitcal gear would make a great costume...or make people reeeeealy nervous.

8)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #63 on: <05-31-11/0812:39> »
Caine_Hazen has a full set of military tac gear he's worn, and a couple other guys bring them as well.  Airsoft stuff can work as well.  I'd just avoid carrying those around town or into the convention center itself, but you should have no problem bringing them to the Scramble.

Bull

Gleeful

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #64 on: <05-31-11/0852:34> »
A few questions!

1) For the three of us who preplanned, we have all event tickets. Yay. However, even though I was an intelligent sort, and snagged the 'and one more for me' option, now I discover a few other friends want to enter the tournament as well, yet it is sold out. Is getting in on generics likely, will there be more openings, or are they just out of luck?
2) We bought out one enter run of a Missions--buuuut--there are 7 folks who want to play as a group. How likely is this to be accomodated by a GM? (Obviously the 7th would pay in generics, but I mean, are missions strictly 6, or is this expandable? For instance, I've seen Cthulhu games expand to 8, while RPGA and Nascrag are pretty strictly 6, period.)
3) Tournament teams--how large? 6? 5? Are characters available prior to the con?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #65 on: <05-31-11/1008:53> »
A few questions!

1) For the three of us who preplanned, we have all event tickets. Yay. However, even though I was an intelligent sort, and snagged the 'and one more for me' option, now I discover a few other friends want to enter the tournament as well, yet it is sold out. Is getting in on generics likely, will there be more openings, or are they just out of luck?

We have a hard cap of 72 players for the tournament.  We only have 12 tables, and the games are 6 players per table (Each team gets the same set of 6 pregen characters to run).

That said, there are almost always spots that end up open the day of the Tourney.  There are no guarantees, but have your friends show up with Generic Tickets.

2) We bought out one enter run of a Missions--buuuut--there are 7 folks who want to play as a group. How likely is this to be accomodated by a GM? (Obviously the 7th would pay in generics, but I mean, are missions strictly 6, or is this expandable? For instance, I've seen Cthulhu games expand to 8, while RPGA and Nascrag are pretty strictly 6, period.)

It depends on the GM.  In the past, our GMs are usually willing to take one or even two extra players (and on occasion, more even!).  While I don't want to turn any player away, we also want to limit this practice a bit this year as there have been complaints from players who end up stuck in these really large games and aren't happy.  Of course, if everyone at the table is all a part of the same group, that shouldn't be a problem.

3) Tournament teams--how large? 6? 5? Are characters available prior to the con?

6 players, and no the characters aren't available ahead of time.  One of the things that you're scored on is how well you roleplay the characters you're given, and making the characters available ahead of time could provide unfair advantages since not everyone reads the message boards or checks the SR website.

Bull

Gleeful

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #66 on: <05-31-11/1055:06> »
Noted, and thanks! Looking forward to an eventful con. :)

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #67 on: <05-31-11/2034:41> »
Caine_Hazen has a full set of military tac gear he's worn, and a couple other guys bring them as well.  Airsoft stuff can work as well.  I'd just avoid carrying those around town or into the convention center itself, but you should have no problem bringing them to the Scramble.

Bull

Sweet. Unfrotunately I don't own Airsoft. But then, I can't go to Gencon this year anyway, so the point is moot. If things work out at Origins, maybe I can make arrangements for next year.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #68 on: <07-06-11/1227:59> »
Anyone else get their badge and tickets and stuff in the mail, a couple days ago?

It's almost here!   ;D

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <07-06-11/1253:08> »
I always do Will Call, because it's one less thing to remember to pack.

28 days.  Woo!  Party!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #70 on: <07-06-11/1335:08> »

28 days.  Woo!  Party!
+1 to this. Going with Will Call means that I'm not panicking about:

a) Keeping the badge and tickets in a safe place where the wandering mounds of junk mail and old character sheets won't devour them.
b) Triple- and Quadruple-checking my bags to make sure I put the badge and tickets in there.
c) Making a u-turn after 45 minutes of driving because I forgot badge, tickets and/or bag with badge and tickets.
d) Losing badge and/or tickets when we stop for lunch at that cool roadside diner on the drive out, and I break into my bag to pull out a gaming book to talk about stuff with my friends, causing the badge and/or tickets to "fall" out of said bag without my noticing until 45 minutes later (see c.).
e) Getting to Indianapolis and ripping through my bag to find the badge and tickets.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #71 on: <07-06-11/1525:00> »
I'd rather drive ninety minutes out of my way than stand in any more lines than is absolutely necessary.

flatlyne2001

• Newb
« Reply #72 on: <07-06-11/1551:26> »
I'd rather drive ninety minutes out of my way than stand in any more lines than is absolutely necessary.

But that's half the adventure, or so I hear. 

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #73 on: <07-06-11/1614:26> »

But that's half the adventure, or so I hear.

The other half is planning.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #74 on: <07-06-11/1644:20> »

28 days.  Woo!  Party!
My envelope of stuff's already just tucked away in my gaming backpack, alongside my dice bag.  It won't leave that zipper pocket 'till Indy, if even then. 

I am gonna have to hit a will-call line, though, to pick up my generitickets (which finally went on sale).  I hate lines.  Or, rather, I hate everyone in front of me in lines.