Is the guy in the picture a ork? 

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <05-05-14/2155:04> »
He certinly looks Orkish

Zar

• Chummer
« Reply #47 on: <05-06-14/1046:40> »
Why was Run Faster dropped?  Nobody thinks that extra character creation stuff would sell?

I understand that the core book sold out?  If so then why are there not more products being produced for this game?  I feel like there are a lot of gaps in the core rules that can be filled with splat books.

Do we at least know when Run and Gun is coming out in physical copy?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #48 on: <05-06-14/1102:05> »
No information provided yet as far as I know. I imagine that they won't tell, as usual, until they get them back from the Printer.

There are more products being produced. Run Faster is likely just delayed until later in the cycle, they're currently working on Street Grimoire. Seems like they do it slowly, 1 core book at a time.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #49 on: <05-06-14/1429:34> »
Why was Run Faster dropped?

Who said it was dropped?
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

martinchaen

« Reply #50 on: <05-06-14/1457:10> »
Why was Run Faster dropped?

Who said it was dropped?
Peter
Can we take take that statement to mean that it isn't!? And can you share a morsel or two about where it might be in the development cycle? Give us a straw or something, here :D

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #51 on: <05-06-14/1743:29> »
*hands martinchaen a straw*

That's about all I have for you right now. It's one of those biodegradable paper ones I found at the Toronto Zoo, so you had better use it quickly.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

martinchaen

« Reply #52 on: <05-06-14/1951:59> »
Hehehe, fair enough. :-)

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #53 on: <05-06-14/2136:17> »
Actually, regarding Run Faster...according to teh Twitters, it's not coming out for awhile.

....so yeeeaaaahhh.....no SR5 karmagen/BP and other races/metavariants for you until 2015.
« Last Edit: <05-06-14/2254:52> by tasti man LH »
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <05-06-14/2150:13> »
Here's something I wrote up as a temporary fix for shapeshifters when someone asked the same question on tumblr, though it may be a bit too quick and dirty: http://shadowrun.tumblr.com/post/84073731688/when-might-we-see-some-books-carrying-various-sub. I think it works well enough for all non-metahumans. I think that metavariance is best handled as a special Quality.

As for a list of upcoming products, this is exactly why I suspect Catalyst doesn't like to put those names out. There is enough information out that I'm surprised there isn't some sort of fan-made list by now.
« Last Edit: <05-06-14/2159:27> by Crimsondude »

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #55 on: <05-06-14/2229:34> »
Actually, regarding Run Faster[url = "https://twitter.com/catalystgamelab/status/459717079630094336"]...according to teh Twitters, it's not coming out for awhile.[/url]

....so yeeeaaaahhh.....no SR5 karmagen/BP and other races/metavariants for you until 2015.

*hmms* So, since the Companion Book is traditionally the last corebook.. Does this mean that they are going to have the magic, rigger, and matrix books out this year(or, at least this year and early next)?

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #56 on: <05-06-14/2300:50> »
Actually, regarding Run Faster[url = "https://twitter.com/catalystgamelab/status/459717079630094336"]...according to teh Twitters, it's not coming out for awhile.[/url]

*hmms* So, since the Companion Book is traditionally the last corebook.. Does this mean that they are going to have the magic, rigger, and matrix books out this year(or, at least this year and early next)?

Don't forget SR5 Augmentation.

Personally, I think that's a bit of an optimistic estimation. I'd say at least 2 more rulebooks, but 3 if we get lucky.
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <05-06-14/2306:19> »

Historically, the Rigger book is the last one, as they're notorious for being published just before the end of an edition. Except SR4(A), which didn't have one, but that was a cheat.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #58 on: <05-06-14/2324:12> »

Historically, the Rigger book is the last one, as they're notorious for being published just before the end of an edition. Except SR4(A), which didn't have one, but that was a cheat.

Oh, come on, how can you forget about Rigger 4?  Sure, it was published after the new edition was announced, but it was released, dammit!  :P

Some of the stuff in there was actually pretty cool, too.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #59 on: <05-06-14/2352:24> »
Oh, come on, how can you forget about Rigger 4?  Sure, it was published after the new edition was announced, but it was released, dammit!  :P

Some of the stuff in there was actually pretty cool, too.

Yeah I was a fan of the Lone Star donut shop mecha, and that "totally not a sex droid guys" Nadeshiko drone.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.