NEWS

[IC] Prologue: Killdare

• 82 Replies

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <10-02-16/1557:32> »
Killdare switches the magazine of his shotgun from gel rounds to normal ammo as he walks towards the crawling dealer. Yah got money eh? Fork it over. And your stash. Killdare racks the shotgun for emphasis, ejecting the chambered gel round and replacing it with a slug.

[spoiler]Intimidation is definitely on my list of skills to get  ;D[/spoiler]
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <10-02-16/2044:57> »
[spoiler]You can substitute Ettiquette with a -2 dicepool, don't worry I rolled for you.[/spoiler]

The dealer tosses a few certified cred sticks at you and 2 packs of chips.  His eyes are wide with fear.  I. I can get more.  You.  You really gonna let me go?
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <10-02-16/2216:34> »
Killdare is torn. Anytime he has shot someone it was always in self defense, or preemptively to avoid be killed. Killing in cold blood isn't as easy as he thought it would be. He hesitates. Then lowers his shotgun slightly knowing it will put the guy at ease.
Sure. You can go. As fast and far as your legs will carry you. But letting this guy off was never in the cards.

Killdare kneecaps him. Both knees.

He makes sure not to hit the femoral artery, so it won't be fatal, but this guy will never walk on his own again.
It's a risk leaving this guy alive, but Killdare can't be ID'd and maybe he'll spread word to the other low lifes.
If I EVER hear about you dealing again, I'm going to find you and finish the job. SLOWLY.
Killdare polices his shells. Not wanting to leave any evidence behind.
You better call an ambulance. That looks pretty bad. I give you maybe an hour before you bleed to death or die from shock.
« Last Edit: <10-03-16/0056:22> by Overbyte »

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <10-03-16/2045:49> »
The guy screams and clutches his knee after you shoot the first one, but when you shoot the second he seems to choke and his eyes roll into the back of his head and he spasms for a few seconds then slumps to the ground and a pool of blood begins forming beneath him.  While you did your best not to hit the femoral artery a shotgun isn't exactly a precision tool.  This guy will die without medical attention.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <10-03-16/2119:46> »
God dammit. Figures this asshole would try to die on me.

Killdare thinks about letting him die, but he'll suffer more if he lives. He pulls out his medkit and stabilizes the dying chip dealer. He doesn't use any meds,  because meds are expensive and if every there was someone who didn't deserve it, it's this guy.

[spoiler]
So.. Stabilizing is an extended test (Total Damage, Complex Action) and I don't know how much damage he's taken, but probably quite a bit.
I have First Aid 9 + Medkit 4  - 2 for poor conditions = 11d6
Stabilization: 11d6t5 3  Stabilization: 11d6t5 5  Stabilization: 11d6t5 4  Stabilization: 11d6t5 4

That's not bad.. 4 Complex Actions to stabilize 16 boxes. Should be enuf  :D
[/spoiler]

Killdare does some quick patching, a little wound sealing foam from the medkit and some bandages, and then makes a call for an ambulance. In this neighborhood it might take a while for them to arrive and the asshole might die in the interim but he had his chance. Two chances really. And that's two more than he deserved. Not going to lose any sleep over this guy.

Killdare heads out of the park to where he left his bike. He fires up the Mustang and drives back to the Next Round.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <10-03-16/2331:22> »
The Last round is slow as usual,  Gunderson sit in his corner as usual.  You walk up to him and he screws up his face and looks at you.  Good God.  You stink,  What do you want?

You ponder for a moment whether you should lie to Gunderson or in fact what you should say to him at all.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <10-03-16/2352:28> »
Killdare had spent the ride back to the bar contemplating just what he was going to tell Gunderson and had forgotten all about the remains of his disguise still giving off an air of "eau de garbage". He finally settled on taking a middle of the road approach. Not lying per se, but not telling him that the dealer might still be breathing. It would give him the dual rep of being cold-blooded, and doing what he was asked without question. Perhaps it would lead to more and better jobs, and hopefully better pay. With his cut back hours at DocWagon he could barely make the rent these days.

Your problem is taken care of.

Anticipating Gunderson's next question Killdare adds:

Two shotgun slugs. I left him in a pool of his own blood. No one will be able to ID me or trace it back to you.
Oh. And I took his stash off him.

Killdare drops the bag of chips on the table.

Maybe you can fence em and hook me up with a finder's fee in addition to the 1500 you promised for the job?

Killdare knows it was only 1200, but he figures what the hell, might as well try to squeeze out a few more nuyen.
Negotiation was never really his strong suit.

[spoiler]
Negotiation: 4d6t5 2
Hah.. figured I might as well make a roll.
[/spoiler]

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <10-04-16/0045:05> »
The Job was to kill him.  I figure he probably won't be back after that so I won't hold it against you for future employment.  However, this job was not completed.  There's a fence at the Union you can sell the credsticks and chips you got off him.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <10-04-16/0057:23> »
[spoiler]Well.. my intent was to imply that I did kill him. Without actually saying I did. But.. since that didn't work.  :([/spoiler]
Killdare is pissed about not getting payed and he let's it show.
I'm no assassin Gunderson. I put a stop to him. That's what you really wanted. And now he'll put the word out to the other low lives. If you still want him dead he's going to be in no position to put up a fight. I'm sure even one of YOUR goons could handle him now.
Killdare takes the bag of chips from the table and leaves. At least maybe he'll get a few nuyen for the chips.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <10-05-16/2304:30> »
[spoiler]You're assuming Gunderson didn't already know the outcome.  You are welcome to investigate how he knew.  How far down the rabbit hole are you willing to go?[/spoiler]

I know you aren't, but I wanted to see what kind of person you are.  Maybe you walked out of here intending to kill the man but lost your nerve or maybe you bald faced lied to me.  I'm a pretty good read of people and I'm assuming the first.  Normally some punk takes a job from me and comes back here and lies to me, he doesn't walk away from the table.  What you say is legit you may have put the fear into him better than most of my guys could have done, but that wasn't the job and you know it.

Now I know you've got chops and you've got principles.  Now I know what sort of jobs to send you on, and you know what you are and aren't capable of.

There's 1500 dollars between the two credsticks and if the other tweaker was legit you may be able to get that much again out of the stash too, so it wasn't a total loss.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <10-05-16/2321:50> »
Killdare grumbles. Fair enough. I need a fukin drink or three. Barkeep!

Killdare heads to the bar, whips out one of the stolen credsticks and starts some heavy drinking.
When he's done with that he heads home, snorts some Bliss to counter the Long Haul and zones out for a few hours.

Fukin' Gunderson he says before he passes out.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <10-05-16/2326:23> »
You wake up the next morning still in your clothes, clothes that you deliberately soiled with sewage and blood, now your bed reeks of it too.  Your mouth feels like it's grown a beard and you have a slight hangover.  you can't decide if you are hungry or are going to throw up.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <10-06-16/0038:11> »
Killdare rolls out of bed..  the Long Haul kicking back in now that the Bliss is out of his system, and staggers to the sink to throw up.
He sorts through the various empty cans and bottles of beer bottle until he finds one with a little left at the bottom, throws back the can and swirls the warm "beer" around in his mouth to get rid of the puke taste, then swallows anyway. He checks the fridge to see if there is any leftovers and reheats the pot of soycaf sitting on the stove.
With his senses coming back online he begins to notice the smell.
Drek, is that me or did a Devil Rat die in my crapper?
He locates the source of the stench and does what he can to wipe the drek off his jacket.
Gunna need to airs this out now. What was I thinking?
He reaches into the pockets and checks the credsticks to see what's on em.
Well.. at least I might be able to pay my rent next month. Wonder how much I can get for these chips.
Killdare rummages around and locates some slightly cleaner clothes, throwing the ones he was wearing into the sink as a reminder to clean them. He throws back on the jacket and heads out of his crap box, making sure to lock the door behind him. As he leaves he looks back in the apartment, trying to remember just when it was that he started living like a burn out.
Once out on the street, he makes sure his commlink is broadcasting his fake SIN and then rings the comcode for the fence that Gunderson gave him.
Hey. My name is Killdare. Gunderson said you might be interested in some merch I got. You interested?

[spoiler]
I might as well make a Negotiation since I'll need it at some point. Thought if I make it now gives you the option of moving through it quickly if you like.  ;D
Negotiation: 4d6t5 1
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-06-16/0101:05> by Overbyte »

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <10-08-16/1400:21> »
[spoiler]You don't have a comm code just a location but I'll run with it.[/spoiler]

You head to the Union to meet with Mortimer, the fence whose name Gunderson gave you.  You enter the Union and the first thing you notice are the striking bartenders in hot pants and tight white shirts that hide little and only entice the imagination who wave happily as you enter.  As early as it is the only person in the bar other than the employees is a dwarf lost in AR.  A quick word with the bartenders verifies the dwarf is indeed Mortimer.  You take a seat at the table and lay out the pack of chips.  His eyes focus on you then the chips.  He pokes through them studies one from each packet.

You're Gundersons guy huh?  The quality on these isn't terrible I guess.  I'll give you 1000 for the set, or 1500 in credit at this fine establishment.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <10-08-16/1506:05> »
Killdare looks around the Union. Nice place. Wonder why I've never been here before. Probably 'cause I can't afford it.
It's early, but that's no excuse to start drinking. Hair of the dog and all that. Besides, it gives him an excuse to leer at the bartenders up close for a little longer.

He takes the beer and heads over to Mortimer and lays the merchandise out. Hoping to get a few nuyen for these.

Credit huh? Killdare looks back over at the bartenders. Man that is tempting. But I could really use the cash right now. My rent is coming due and it might be a drek house but it has a roof and running water. Sometimes at least. Killdare laughs. You deal mostly in chips? Or other stuff too? Just wondering in case I come across anything else you might want.

He takes the cash, but stays for a few beers. I gotta make more money so I can afford the prices at this place.
After the beers, Killdare heads back to his place. With the Longhaul in his system Killdare has plenty of time to kill. He checks his commlink, it's gunna be at least 3 days till he comes down, might as well make good use of the time. He calls in to DocWagon to see if he can take an extra shift, and then starts to clean his apartment. The smell is getting so bad that he is actually beginning to notice it and his clothes definitely need a wash. He's been thinking about upgrading his medkit for a while and a guy at work told him about do-it-yourself software upgrades on the Matrix so he searches for the info.