NEWS

[IC] Prologue: Killdare

• 82 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <10-11-16/2138:10> »
I can move pretty much anything you might want.  If I can't move it myself I probably know someone who can.  Biologicals or cyberware you will probably want to talk to Vicki though, she's the local organ-legger...just don't call her that to her face.  She is technically legit.

You are informed there are no available shifts but you will be contacted if one were to open up.  Your matrix search doesn't help much the parts you would need to upgrade would run 250 nuyen and another 100 for the additional supplies.  Gunderson could get the stuff for you for sure, you could even buy it legit from Doc Wagon.  You've still got three days to go and that only took about 20 minutes of your time.  You wonder what you are going to do with yourself for three days with no sleep.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <10-12-16/1631:54> »
Wired from the Long Haul, Killdare searches the Matrix for the latest Medical news and gadgets. An hour of that and he realizes he meant to start cleaning as the stench of his clothes in the sink and the ones he is wearing begin to assault his nostrils. He begins a cleaning spree, clearing the empty beer bottles, soycaf packs and used syringes from the floor. It's the first time he's seen the floor in his place in a long time, which makes him realize the floor needs cleaning too. He borrows a mop from the super and scrubs the floor to within an inch of its life. He cleans off the dishes caked with the left-overs of god-knows-what and then washes his dirty clothes in the sink. He sits back in his overstuffed recliner, which is no longer covered in dirty laundry and gets on the Matrix again. He begins to read about the latest Cybertechnology and realizes he really doesn't know much about cyber implants and decides to educate himself on the subject.

[spoiler]I'd like to raise my Cybertechnology to 1  It (supposedly) only takes a day to raise a skill to 1. I also want to raise my Intimidation to 1 and possibly my Negotiation to 2 since it looks like I'll be needing it.  ;D  I have Jack-of-all-trades so I have plenty of Karma[/spoiler]

Time slips by and before he realizes it his hunger has grown to intolerable levels, not to mention his need for a drink. With the extra nuyen burning a hole in his pocket, Killdare heads to the Union for some serious drinking and a bite to eat.

[spoiler]If nothing crazy happens, I'll eat and drink and recover and if I still have left over time I'm going to call Gunderson and ask if he has any more work. Might as well make some more cash while I can.[/spoiler]

Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <10-15-16/1713:26> »
[spoiler]Karma expenditure approved.  Make sure to record it on your character sheet on OP so I can track your advancement please.  Expenditure on drinks and food I will ballpark at 50 nuyen beyond  lifestyle at this point[/spoiler]

You kill most of the day with chores and study and as the day bleeds into evening you head to the Union.  They don't have much for food but they nuke some decent nachos with a decently spiced krill based "meat".  The place does surprising business for a Barrens club.  You notice quite a bit of business happening on the sly too, not just prostitutes either.  Mortimer does a brisk business and it seems a lot of his clients take it in credit.  Meanwhile the troll bouncer stands head and shoulders over everyone watching his flock vigilantly.

Gunderson pings your com with a message.  I clock you at the Union.  I need you to get to the Organ Grinders.  Vicki's got trouble, again.  When you are done find out what the fuck is going on over there this is the second time in as many days.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <10-15-16/1949:29> »
I'm geting paid for this right?
Killdare laughs a little. Despite not actually getting paid directly by Gunderson last time, between the credsticks and the BTLs he made out OK. Good enough to make his rent and to be enjoying this place on top. He had his eye on a STATScan and at this rate maybe he could buy one soon-ish.

Killdare checks his gear. He's been doing a little drinking and forgotten what he came here with. If there is going to be trouble he better be strapped and there probably wasn't enough time to swing by the apartment first. He checks his boot and his trusty combat knife is still where it's supposed to be. He looks for the Light Pistol he carries in the small of his back only to find it missing. The he remembers the Union policy on guns. He must have checked it at the door. Along with the more obvious sawed-off T-250. You don't going wandering the barrens at night without protection, but the nice places don't like you packing indoors.

[spoiler]Negotiation: 5d6t5 1[/spoiler]

Organ Grinder? Vicki? Again? I'll head right over.
Killdare grabs his coat and heads to the door picking up his guns on the way out. He checks the action on both weapons and makes sure they are loaded, the shotgun with gel rounds, and holsters them. Hopping onto his bike he heads over to the Organ Grinder prepared for, and perhaps hoping for, trouble.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <10-15-16/2351:27> »
Yeah 1500 and you don't HAVE to kill them this time.

Organ Grinders is a sort of morgue/clinic/chop shop that deals in white market biomatter and second hand augments.  The structure is about the size of a single level brownstone.  There's a friendly inside and an unknown number of assailants with an unknown layout.  This might make you dead, but at least, right now, you feel alive.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <10-16-16/0041:47> »
[spoiler]Well I'll try to keep em alive. Maybe they'll have some answers.[/spoiler]
Killdare guns the Morgan and heads to Organ Grinders. He's not obeying any traffic laws getting there, but in this neck of the woods are there really any traffic laws anyway? He is thinking more about the adrenaline rush and the money than any danger there might be. A bunch of local thugs probably. Killdare switches the bike to auto for a moment and reaches into his pockets, searching for his drug stash. Who knows what could be in there? He rationalizes to himself, but really things have been pretty boring the last few days and he's looking to kick it up a notch... or maybe three. He pulls a small glass ampule, cracks it and snorts the contents. Immediately he can feel the rush as the Jazz fills his system. Let's do this!

[spoiler]Kamikaze Duration Multiplier: 1d6 6 A full hour![/spoiler]

He pulls his bike to the curb just a 20 feet down the road from the chop shop and hops off. He had intended to be more subtle, but the Jazz takes hold and he throws caution to the wind. He pulls the shotgun from underneath the jacket as he saunters down the street, eyeing the neighborhood denizens as if to say "You want some of this?" He makes his way up the steps to the front door and looks to see if its open, hoping that its not so he can kick it in.

HI HONEY! I'M HOME!

[spoiler]
Surprise: 9d6t5 5
Initiative: 4d6+9 23
[/spoiler]

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <10-16-16/1946:26> »
[spoiler]Are you using Kamikaze or Jazz or are you speed balling both?[/spoiler]

The Organ Grinders is two blocks away, which may have been the reason Gunderson called you instead of his usual guys.  You kick in the door, which is unlocked, but it looks cool.  Your announcement falls on an empty waiting room.  Two doors lead to a restroom and a pair of double doors with the sign above "Staff Only" above it.  You hear shouting from the back and the crash of things being knocked over, kicked around and pounded on in general.  The yelling consists mainly of animalistic screams and incoherent sentences.  The few you can make out are things like Open the fucking door! or Where's our friends bitch. and apparentlt someone simply saying Fuck! over and over and over again.  You peek through the doors and see four guys one appears to be unconscious and bleeding, the second is bending over him apparently with a medkit and some of the instruments from the clinic, the third  is kicking over anything he can find and the last guy is taking an axe to a door in the back of the room.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <10-16-16/2213:08> »
[spoiler]Just Jazz. I felt Kamikaze was a bit overkill, and I didn't want to be a crazed maniac if there was an innocent in here. I'm a medic. I take my drugs responsibly.  :o[/spoiler]

Killdare triages the battle. The guy with the medkit and his patient are no immediate threat so he choses between the guy with the axe and the "kicker". Deciding he doesn't want to go hand-to-hand with a guy holding an axe he bursts through the door and takes aim at the axe wielder first .

Knock knock. Avon Lady!

[spoiler]Shotgun vs. Axe Wielder: 11d6t5 4
Convenient since Accuracy is 4.  :D  Damage is 9S
My second shot will be against the guy kicking around if I've incapacitated the first.
Second Shotgun Blast: 11d6t5 3

If I manage to level them both, I'll make an Intimidation Roll against the last guy.
You'll have to roll that since I don't know how many dice bonus I'll get.

Also I'm interested to know if the patient could be Vicki? or one of their guys? Or a doctor (in a lab coat, etc)
Perception: 9d6t5 4
[/spoiler]

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <10-17-16/2154:47> »
You hope around the corner and blast the guy furthest from you with the shotgun knocking him down but only to his knees, seconding the axe flying from his grip to embed itself in the plaster wall.  The second and third guys start pulling their guns but you hammer the other one standing and he staggers back and they all scurry for cover.  At least you caught them by surprise.  One of them yells Yer gonna die trog, you and that little whore doctor.

[spoiler]New initiative.  You have a pass that you can use still, but go ahead and get things started for next round
initiative, actions, 3 defense rolls and soak roll just in case
[/spoiler]

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <10-18-16/0257:56> »
Killdare fires off a round at his current target then ducks back behind the door jamb for a moment.
[spoiler]
Shotugn: 11d6t5 5
[/spoiler]

Screw you breeder. I'm going to chop you up for parts.

Note to self.. Always carry a flash-bang grenade for situations just like this.
Using the doorway for cover, Killdare continues firing on the guys in the room.

[spoiler]
Initiative Round 2: 4d6+9 24
Shotugn: 11d6t5 5
Shotugn: 11d6t5 4

Then I run out of ammo in the magazine.  :(
Since I was just going out drinking I wasn't expecting so much shooting.  ;D

Defense: 9d6t5 2
Defense: 9d6t5 4
Defense: 9d6t5 3

Soak: 19d6t5 10
Soak: 19d6t5 8
Soak: 19d6t5 3
Ewwww.. lets hope I don't need that last one.  :-\
[/spoiler]

The shotgun clicks as Killdare realizes he was too jazzed up to count ammo. He ducks back behind the door and takes stock of the situation, trying to decide if he could rush the remaining intruder(s) with his knife.

Hey Vicki. You OK in there?

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <10-18-16/2254:09> »
Your second target goes down And the two remaining take shots at you, apparently the guy with the axe had a gun too.  One shot flies wide the other catches you in the gut making you huff a bit but it's absorbed by your armor.  You might have a pretty bruise after this though.  You poke back in to shoot the first guy and he crumples to the ground leaving only the single unwounded.  You pop out and fire at him but whiff.  He appears to be doing an excellent job of taking cover.  He returns fire and scores a hit dealing 5 DV

A musffled scream comes from the office the goons had been trying to get in.  No!  I'm not!  Kill those fuckers!

The ganger screams back shut your mouth you god damn cunt this is all your fault.

[spoiler]New round?  You have another action but you will need to ready a weapon[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-18-16/2256:17> by Stuttrboy »

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <10-19-16/0452:56> »
Killdare ducks back behind the door again. Out of ammo he considers his options. With that much cover there is no way he'll hit the guy with his pistol. There's nothing for it. He'll have to take a chance and charge the guy. It's risky but once he gets in close he figures he can make short work of him.

Killdare pulls the combat knife from his boot, takes a deep breath and charges through the doorway, hoping to catch his opponent by surprise.

[spoiler]
I don't really mean "surprise", but I'm making a charging attack.
All rolls are at -1 for wounds except soak.
Initiative Round 3: 4d6+8 21
Running: 6d6t5 2
Knife Attack: 12d6t5 8  (my Physical Limit is 10 while on Jazz)

In case I need (since he might get off a shot while I cross the room)
Defense: 8d6t5 4
Are you for real dice roller???? LOL
If this soak is going to be my undoing (since I've already taken a 5S) I will use edge to reroll the non-successes
Additional Soak from Edge: 16d6t5 7
That's more like it.
I'm going to give you a second attack in case by some miracle this guy survives that 9P, -3AP with 8 successes.  ;D
Knife Attack: 10d6t5 3

And why not.. another defense if I completely have misjudged my opponent and he's still standing.
Defense: 8d6t5 5
HAHAHAHAHA.. Let's just hope it doesn't all come down to that soak roll.   :o
[/spoiler]

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <10-19-16/2243:32> »
[spoiler]5S?  You were shot that's 5P right?  or am I overlooking something?[/spoiler]

As you charge at the last ganger standing he fires at you, a stinging pain in your shoulder tells you it connected it might bruise a little but you don't think it did any really damage.   He's quick, you don't get to stay close to him but you slice into him deeply a scarlet spurt of blood spray splatters the stainless steel.  He stumbles and fires at you weakly but misses.  You return a thrust into his chest your blade slipping between two ribs and he falls to the ground.

The back office bursts open and you spin the jazz shouting attack, attack in the reptile part of your brain.  A young woman comes out.  Could this be Vicki, the organ-legging street doc?  She appears to be about 15 years old, skinny, human with short, curly, dirty blond hair and she's can't be 5 feet tall.  She looks up at you her eyes watery with tears and a little blood tricking from a fat bottom lip.  She sniffles and says, did you kill 'em?

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <10-20-16/0351:59> »
[spoiler]
The damage is only physical if (Base Damage + Net Success - AP) is greater than my armor value. I was thinking that is pretty unlikely if they are using pistols with a base damage up to 9 and I had a decent defense roll and armor 12.
[/spoiler]

Killdare finishes what he thinks is the last of his opponents when the office door bursts open. He spins on the new intruder stopping only moments short of carving them into pieces. Seeing the young girl he lowers his weapon to his side, but somewhere in the back of his mind he thinks this still could be a trick. Taking a moment to calm himself he answers the girl.

This one might not make it. He gestures to the one he stabbed as the pool of blood spreads on the floor.
The other two will recover. Give us a chance to question them. Are you Vicki? You look a little young to be a doc. You know who sent me? Figuring only the real Vicki would know Gunderson's name.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <10-21-16/1201:06> »
Hopefully Gunderson or I have another problem on my hands.  Her face contorts into disgust and she shoots both the gangers you have knocked unconscious twice in the chest and walks up to the guy bleeding out on the floor clearly intending on shooting him as well but you are in the way and she can't get a clear shot.