Shadowrun General > General Discussion

Welcome!

<< < (3/155) > >>

FastJack:

--- Quote from: Mara on ---
--- Quote from: GBL on ---Its good to have an official forum for this stuff. Never felt quite right at Dumpshock.

--- End quote ---

That would be because of the over-all bad feel of that place, no doubt. Believe me,
I never really liked that place much...certain posters there tended to be very insulting,
belligerent, and condescending....and EVERYWHERE. Someone starts a thread to discuss
one thing, and next thing you know, it is either Mr. lucky, Ghoul Appocalypse, hate on
the Ghost Walker story/immortal elves, or house rules that had nothing to do with the original
poster....Place was just not friendly....

--- End quote ---
I've been a long-time lurker over there. Mostly because the threads move way too quickly (three pages of unread threads in 4 hours!!) and because I never felt comfortable jumping into conversations. Not always because of what Mara said, but that was the reason on more than a few occasions.

Critias:

--- Quote from: Mara on ---
--- Quote from: GBL on ---Its good to have an official forum for this stuff. Never felt quite right at Dumpshock.

--- End quote ---

That would be because of the over-all bad feel of that place, no doubt. Believe me,
I never really liked that place much...certain posters there tended to be very insulting,
belligerent, and condescending....and EVERYWHERE. Someone starts a thread to discuss
one thing, and next thing you know, it is either Mr. lucky, Ghoul Appocalypse, hate on
the Ghost Walker story/immortal elves, or house rules that had nothing to do with the original
poster....Place was just not friendly....

--- End quote ---
Hey, c'mon.  Let's not dive into negativity just to rant about how negative somewhere else is.  There's no need to bash somewhere else to say you like it here, y'know?

Mooncrow:

--- Quote from: Critias on ---
Hey, c'mon.  Let's not dive into negativity just to rant about how negative somewhere else is.  There's no need to bash somewhere else to say you like it here, y'know?

--- End quote ---

Truth =)  A lot of DSers came over to help get this ball rolling, (hey, I even promised to leave my belligerence at the door^^) so let's keep the positive tone that this board has going for it =)

edit - to make it clear who I was replying to.

Caine Hazen:
Yeah, as stated, there are a few of us old hands from DS who are helping with this effort.  However, yeah.. its a place with its own character, but like other posters here, let's not get into bashing it.  DS and us are here for one reason, Shadowrun.. everything else is just color;)

Turtletron:
Thank you for creating this forum, it's always good to have a place where you can share your ideas and see other people opinions and ideas. And also have fellow GM and players point of view on Shadowrun's many mysteries, like Horrors and more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version