NEWS

Welcome!

• 772 Replies

Charo

• Newb
  • Baby Runner
« Reply #630 on: <12-18-14/1300:47> »
Welcome Charo!  Any relation to the chicky-boom chicky-boom lady?  :P

The Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall games have drawn what seems like a ton of people into the game.  That's great press!  And if you have any questions about the game, setting, etc. you've definitely come to the right place.  :)
Um......I just know that I'm going to feel like an idiot after you tell me, but who is the chicky-boom chicky-boom lady?

As for questions, I don't have many game or setting questions that couldn't be answered with a quick look through of the source-books, but I've been wondering, how does the title system here work? Also, what do the nuyen symbols mean?
Tres Ojo

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #631 on: <12-18-14/1307:18> »
Titles for most is how often people post. Like for me I just recently went from Newb to Chummer. Next should be Omae (sp) then finally Ace Runner. Might missed one in there. Most of the titles are slang from the books. Chummer is kinda like dude/man and Omae is friend (I think). The ¥ symbols, no clue.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #632 on: <12-18-14/1406:45> »
Um......I just know that I'm going to feel like an idiot after you tell me, but who is the chicky-boom chicky-boom lady?
That would be María del Rosario Mercedes Pilar Martínez Molina Baeza, stage name Charo.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Charo

• Newb
  • Baby Runner
« Reply #633 on: <12-18-14/1600:11> »
That would be María del Rosario Mercedes Pilar Martínez Molina Baeza, stage name Charo.
Thank you kindly.
Tres Ojo

Vestiline

• Newb
« Reply #634 on: <12-28-14/2001:49> »
-Peaks out from the matrix

Hello everyone!

I'm Vestiline, but vest is fine. I'm actually pretty new to tabletopRPGs, but shadowrun is something I'm still a major noob in. >.> I have engrossed myself in the lore, but it's still overwhelming with everything and with running faster out I feel like I'm even more lost even with the multitude of characters I've made (and lost the sheets to)

Now I can finally stop lurking here and actually participate! :D

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #635 on: <12-28-14/2226:08> »
welcome vest! Make yourself and home and let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out!
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #636 on: <12-29-14/1015:49> »
Welcome to the shadows Vest and Charo (I had to look up chicky-boom chicky-boom too ;))!

...I'm even more lost even with the multitude of characters I've made (and lost the sheets to)

Check out Hero Lab for making characters and keeping track or them. Incredible tool for both players and GMs.  ;D

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #637 on: <12-29-14/1033:01> »
you can also use chummer 5. Its free to use and they are currently working on the updates for run faster. It will still take time though as chummer is a community made/based/run program. I use it for all my runners though!
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #638 on: <12-31-14/1848:12> »
Welcome to the shadows Vest and Charo (I had to look up chicky-boom chicky-boom too ;))!

*shakes cane* Dang whipper-snappers! No appreciation of the classics at all!

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #639 on: <01-01-15/0305:30> »

*shakes cane* Dang whipper-snappers! No appreciation of the classics at all!

RIGHT?!  She was the first person I thought of when I saw the name Charo!
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

born_of_flame

• Newb
  • Fenix
« Reply #640 on: <01-21-15/2349:05> »
Howdy all, born_of_flame here. I've got the core books for 4 and 5 along with a bunch of the supplementals but I've never been able to get into a game, either running or playing. I've made a bunch of characters, some are probably not even feasible but they were fun. :P Looking to dive deeper into the lore cuz I love me some Shadowrun.

Also just bought Crossfire and hoping to get that on the table sometime soon. :)
"I've seen a thousand fires, each has called my name. And every time I die in smoke, I rise again in flame"

Squirrel

• Chummer
« Reply #641 on: <01-22-15/0134:25> »
Hi I am and like nuts.
Please excuse my English as it is not my first language. Misunderstandings are inevitable and smell peachy enough to be forgiven. Thank you :)

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #642 on: <01-26-15/1639:26> »
Squirrel!

Welcome to the nuthouse, you'll fit right in!  ;)

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #643 on: <02-02-15/1551:24> »
Hello Chummers. I just beat Shadowrun Returns and I am addicted to the setting. I'm here to learn how to play and join a campaign.
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #644 on: <02-02-15/1803:30> »
Welcome.  Be wary of dinos, dragons, and Canadians in rocking chairs.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.