NEWS

Welcome!

• 772 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #585 on: <04-10-14/0755:05> »
Heya, all! Never played Shadowrun before, up until I got a copy of Shadowrun Returns. It was cheap and came recommended by a friend who knows my tastes. Plus, they were kinda hoping I would stop angling to try to get them to host a sci-fi game with a lot of magic in it...

I found a decker/mage to be quite effective in Shadowrun Returns. Bit of a magic hit for the necessary cyberware, but enemies tend not to do too well when you're bombarding them with spells...

I'm hoping to give the roleplaying game a try! I have the Fifth Edition rulebook and am slogging through it. The priority system could use a bit of a clearer explanation in text, but I did eventually figure out the confusing bits. Would have to limit playing to online for now.

Also, why doesn't the site accept "Artificial Intelligence" as an answer to "Are you human?"
Welcome to the boards, SD! Wander the halls, ask questions, poke the CanRay, just watch out for the dwarves in the sub-basement. They've been watching (and rewatching) Desolation of Smaug and have been mumbling about "taking back" from Lofwyr...

As for the Artificial Intelligence, we're just not ready to handle the strains on the system they exert just yet. Although we got a new guy updating some stuff in the background. ;)

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #586 on: <04-10-14/1125:21> »
Thank you both ^^

I have been having fun on here. Just need to get into a game eventually ^^
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #587 on: <04-11-14/1605:51> »
General lurker and long time fan--getting back in after about a 15 year furlough...though I've kept my eyes and ears on the sprawl. I've enjoyed the discussions and thought I'd get around to getting my SIN in order!  ;)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #588 on: <04-11-14/1819:42> »
...poke the CanRay...
*Looks up from my noodles*  Whut?
General lurker and long time fan--getting back in after about a 15 year furlough...though I've kept my eyes and ears on the sprawl. I've enjoyed the discussions and thought I'd get around to getting my SIN in order!  ;)
SINners, never trust those buggers.  ;)

Welcome back, enjoy the ride!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #589 on: <04-14-14/1215:09> »
Thanks!  :D Just played the other night -- a critical glitch on a stealth vs evasion test lead to the first bar brawl of the season. ;)

Nightmare

• Chummer
  • Freelance merc, runner, and assassin
« Reply #590 on: <04-16-14/1011:30> »
...poke the CanRay...
*Looks up from my noodles*  Whut?

CanRay, didn't you know that was a new game around here?  Thought you'd got the memo about the "Poke the CanRay" game.

Hamhammer

• Newb
« Reply #591 on: <05-19-14/0930:46> »
So, uh, hello! New poster here. Been running in / playing in a SR game for the last two years or so, and figured it was finally time to start posting. Latest book (and the direction my campaign is taking) finally convinced me it was time to start discussing things with other players outside my small social circle.

I should also sleep... but Stolen Souls is like a delicious cake of setting and character information that makes me go squee.

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #592 on: <05-19-14/2117:58> »
Welcome aboard, Hanhammer!
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

GoodChummer

• Newb
« Reply #593 on: <06-30-14/0231:25> »
Hoi all. Thought I oughta introduce myself. I've been lurking here for a few weeks to help with the the 5ed game I'm running. Y'all were so helpful I thought I'd jack in and join ya.

XyraFhoan

• Newb
« Reply #594 on: <07-01-14/2052:56> »
Hoi chummers! I lurked around for rules and errata clarifications but decided to make an account so I could contribute as well.

I've been playing SR5 for a few months now, and I have to say it's my favourite TTRPG I've ever played.

Adam

« Reply #595 on: <07-07-14/2312:44> »
I guess I really should actually introduce myself...

As you can guess, I'm Adam and I remember picking up and reading 1st Edition Shadowrun many, many years ago. Never got to play it though, I didn't have a regular gaming group. As an adult, I finally did get a stable gaming group (about 15 years as a stable group) and about a year ago after trying (and giving up on) D&D Next playtest, we wanted to play something different.  We'd already done a stint in World of Darkness (I worked at White Wolf/CCP for a few years) so I brought up Shadowrun.  The group was interested and we've been playing for the last year.

A few months ago we started poking around in 5th Edition and I volunteered to take a stab at updating Chummer to 5th Edition.  I did a test update, just adding the priority build system from Runner's Companion and as that worked fairly well, I made a go of it to do a full update of Chummer.  Well, the beta is on here now and I really appreciate all the support from you fine people.

Glad to be here (even if I do spend a LOT more time lurking than I do posting).

Adam

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #596 on: <07-08-14/0057:32> »
I worked at White Wolf/CCP for a few years

Nice!  I was introduced to a bunch of fine folks from White Wolf and CCP at the Austin GDC back in ... 2008 or so.  At the time, they were talking about trying to get a bunch of us from my school to work for them in Atlanta.  Turns out that I'm a better designer than programmer, so that wasn't a route for me.  But it's weird sometimes how small a world we're in.  Oh, and those CCP guys can drink like crazy people!  Holy moly they destroyed the bar we went to.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

horngeek

• Newb
« Reply #597 on: <07-08-14/0152:36> »
Heyo everyone!  Made an account here for a couple of reasons, among them that VUW 93 looked interesting to participate in, and because Shadowrun Returns has recently introduced me to the world of Shadowrun!

Adam

« Reply #598 on: <07-08-14/0700:04> »
Oh, and those CCP guys can drink like crazy people!  Holy moly they destroyed the bar we went to.

There's a story that when CCP had it's first office, it was this tiny place on one of the upper floors and on the ground floor was a bar.  CCP grew and when they finally moved out of that building into a larger office, the bar closed after a couple months due to lack of business.

We'd have parties once a month and they'd always bring out the full bar and with it the keg with the sign on it... "The Enabler". In 20 years, it remains the only workplace I've ever been at where I've broken my rule about drinking with coworkers. I wish I was still there but it wasn't in the cards.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #599 on: <07-08-14/0902:50> »
Welcome to all the Newbs! Remember, be polite, join in, have fun, and don't poke Bull. It's summer and he gets ornery when the temperature rises.