« Reply #315 on: <01-16-12/2231:44> »
Welcome to the forums Darkelf!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

WellSpokenRunner

• Newb
  • Just a simple man trying to not get eaten by Lofyr
« Reply #316 on: <01-25-12/2010:46> »
I guess I should have started here.   :)

I used to play SR back in the heady days of 2nd ed, when the Predator was the pistol you used and the Harley Scorpion was the bike you rode and killing ghouls was an acceptable way to make money and Concrete Dreams was cool...wait who said that?  LOL.  I ran a long spanning campaign for 6 years, up through 3rd edition, had a blast and then quit and lost my whole collection (and I had a lot...even Shadowbeat!). 

But while I'm not running a game again (yet) I've always loved the world of SR and I recently bought a few 4th ed. books...purely for nostalgia of course.   ;)

But anyway I just want to say I love this place and always will as long as Fuchi is the number one cyberdeck corp...wait...what?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #317 on: <01-25-12/2019:43> »
Concrete Dreams will always be cool -- like Pink Floyd, or Purple Ice Cream Has No Bones.

(Yet another reference that nobody will get ...)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #318 on: <01-25-12/2219:20> »
Welcome to the boards, WSR. Enjoy your stay!

Wyrm, weren't both those groups managed by Reuben Kincaid?

Deepeyes

• Newb
  • SRfic Aficionado
« Reply #319 on: <01-26-12/0830:19> »
Whew! 22 pages read... Jeezus!

Hey everyone! I've been around the forum for a while (mostly in the fan fiction section, reading everything and like it all!) and never got around to saying "Hi"... lousy manners :P

I've been into Shadowrun for the past 20 or so years: my cousin got me into it when I was somethin' like 10 and I just fell in love with it! He gave me all his books a few months later and the rest is history... well, for me :P

Players have been hard to come around and I haven't GMed as much as I would've wanted. I've read every novel I could come across (which isn't that much considering that 40+ novels have been published and only about 10 were available at just about every store there was... back in the 90's buying on 'da Intarnetz wasn't so easy...) and own most of the sourcebooks in one form or another.

This Québécois [oh and by the way it's pronounced Qué ('kay as in "Okay") bec (like the singer Beck) ois (like Wah-wah-pedal)] from Québec City is glad to be here and very atypical considering I'm not a xenophobic-anglophobic-french-only bastard... I'm just your standard, friendly neighbourhood bastard :P

Kat9

« Reply #320 on: <01-26-12/0854:38> »
You had me until the ois sound!

Anyhow, glad to have ya.

Deepeyes

• Newb
  • SRfic Aficionado
« Reply #321 on: <01-26-12/0916:28> »
You had me until the ois sound!

Anyhow, glad to have ya.

I'll try and find another - maybe more obvious - sounding word... ;)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #322 on: <01-26-12/0957:22> »
Welcome to the boards, Deepeyes! Glad to see you've been enjoying yourself.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #323 on: <01-26-12/1121:35> »
Welcome aboard Deepeyes, always glad to have another Canuck on board!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #324 on: <01-26-12/1210:19> »
Welcome, Deepeyes! Since you're in Canada, run a game for CanRay so we don't have to listen to him whine any more, will ya? Thanks. ;)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #325 on: <01-26-12/1236:29> »
Welcome, Deepeyes! Since you're in Canada, run a game for CanRay so we don't have to listen to him whine any more, will ya? Thanks. ;)
Deepeyes being an exception, I am NOT going to Quebec City.

I'm a Unilingual-Anglophone.  I'd be lynched within an hour.  Or wish I had been.  I can't remember which it was that happened to my Stepfather when he was there...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

WellSpokenRunner

• Newb
  • Just a simple man trying to not get eaten by Lofyr
« Reply #326 on: <01-26-12/1255:27> »
So THAT's what really happend to Cross.... :D

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #327 on: <01-26-12/1442:46> »
Dammit.  Now when I say I hate Québécois, I'll have to say 'except Deepeyes'.  ;)

And Cross was a francophile-only bastard -- which is why he got it in the end.  ;)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #328 on: <01-26-12/1522:40> »
Finally remembered what happened to Dad, he only wished he was lynched, instead of getting into an accident (He was driving truck when the trailer's breaks locked up for no reason, and flipped the rig a few times), and he was ignored in the hospital for, um, six hours at least.

Not waiting, literally IGNORED.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Deepeyes

• Newb
  • SRfic Aficionado
« Reply #329 on: <01-26-12/1541:49> »
@Ray: Thanx! Glad to be here too! :D It's freezing here too so... Guess you're better off in Winnie! (Wow... that sounds so... hum... nevermind... :P). And that part about being lynched is pure exaggeration! Or your stepfather was pretty unlucky! Most people here are super friendly! Matter of fact is, I'm pretty sure a francophone would have a harder time in Toronto than an anglo would here ;)) Oh and as much as they say our Healthcare is soooooooo hot 'cauz it's free well, I'm afraid your dad saw that major downside of it: the wait is ridiculous... even for "locals"... trust me, being the dad of 3 and also having had reconstructive surgery to the knee after a really bad car crash: I know! Typical wait time in ER's around 6-8 hours (excluding life-threatening emergencies)... Some people even died while being ignored like that in Montréal though... Nice to know it'll improve in the future with Info Santé[LOL] (which already exists IRL but is really just a phone number where you can call to talk to a nurse to get some advice on stuff like a flu or a kid's fever and such... IMO it should've been Télé-Médic: that organization used to exist too but that one was really closer to DocWagon in that it was really like a driver and a doctor in a car responding to emergencies in smaller neighbourhoods ;)) Think I'll use it anyway in my fan fiction :D

@Mirikon: Yeah... well we're pretty far away (Google it :P)

@WellSpokenRunner: I'm trying to piece together everything that was written in canon about Québec... I'm trying to write a fan fic in a Québec setting but I really want it to be as accurate as possible (whereas I could prolly write one about Seattle [where I've never set foot in] and be dead on without much research since I've read all them novels and sourcebook lol) so that's why it's taking so freakin' long!

@Wyrm: ... I know, I'm pretty exceptionnal but thanks for mentionning it anyway ;)