NEWS

Official Attitude errata thread

• 24 Replies

gerzel

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <06-17-11/1617:34> »
I don't know if this has been mentioned pardon me if it has, but about StimTouch Hosiery.

I assume the 6R restricted version has been modified to give the electric shocks and that normal StimTouch is avail 6.  What is the difficulty in modifying it?  (It wouldn't be a very good product if it were restricted like that.)

Also Form Fitting Body Armor should be noticeable.  In the flavor text the runner supposedly wore FFBA under stimtouch and while that is possible FFBA isn't see-through.  I'd think Zoe Second Skin would be a better choice for this as it is made to be see-through and is worn as much as a fashion statement as armor.

It would be nice to have an official ruling on just how noticable FFBA/Second Skin and other forms of hidden body armor are.

I figure FFBA can easilly be hidden under clothes but is instantly noticable on bare skin(ie anyone can tell its there if you are wearing just FFBA and nothing else.)  While Zoe SS you can also TELL that something is being worn when nothing else is on, it is like wearing a clear latex or rubber body suit.
« Last Edit: <06-17-11/1621:30> by gerzel »

RavenX

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <01-27-12/1938:44> »
Glad to see you do have errata forums for this,

Anyways p. 151 and p. 154 refer to the Gentleman's Cane... on 151 it mentions that the cane can hold a concealed sword or gun, but on 154 only the sword is given statistics.  Is this a misprint or can it indeed hold a gun?  If so what kind of gun can it hold? 

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <01-27-12/2017:56> »
I don't know if this has been mentioned pardon me if it has, but about StimTouch Hosiery.

I assume the 6R restricted version has been modified to give the electric shocks and that normal StimTouch is avail 6.  What is the difficulty in modifying it?  (It wouldn't be a very good product if it were restricted like that.)

Also Form Fitting Body Armor should be noticeable.  In the flavor text the runner supposedly wore FFBA under stimtouch and while that is possible FFBA isn't see-through.  I'd think Zoe Second Skin would be a better choice for this as it is made to be see-through and is worn as much as a fashion statement as armor.

It would be nice to have an official ruling on just how noticable FFBA/Second Skin and other forms of hidden body armor are.

I figure FFBA can easilly be hidden under clothes but is instantly noticable on bare skin(ie anyone can tell its there if you are wearing just FFBA and nothing else.)  While Zoe SS you can also TELL that something is being worn when nothing else is on, it is like wearing a clear latex or rubber body suit.

Only question I've always had on the Second Skin (over two editions mind you) is whether or not it has the benefit that FFBA has in relation to armor encumbrance. Personally, whether it does or not by "RAW", I think it should since it is generally even more form-fitting and custom fitted than FFBA is.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #18 on: <01-27-12/2305:38> »
Only question I've always had on the Second Skin (over two editions mind you) is whether or not it has the benefit that FFBA has in relation to armor encumbrance. Personally, whether it does or not by "RAW", I think it should since it is generally even more form-fitting and custom fitted than FFBA is.

Now for the big question, does Second Skin stack with FFBA?
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Kesslan

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <07-19-12/1545:53> »
Errata Points:
p. 160 [Black-Box]:
Armor: Most clothing does not come with any ballistic or impact protection, but new techniques allow for some protection. Carbon-boron infusion, Kevlar threading, and Delta-amyloid coatings are available. (Layered protection rules still apply). these modifications can be added to regular clothing or to armor clothing (p. 326, SR4A)
How does it work? Does count every Armor-option separately as layer or does it stack with other options? Another thing is the compatibility with YNT SoftWeave Armor (see War! p.160-161), welcome to high-power-armored PC... :P

I'd also like to see a bit more clarity on this one as, as a GM, I interpret it to strictly mean the mods can only be applied to normal clothes, and specifically the piece of gear called  'Armor Clothing' which is listed in the cited page reference (As opposed to 'Armored Clothing' being a class of armour of which the page reference has a few such as the synergist) and that the specific mention of layering rules means the mods count as layering against each other and thus you can't for example take a piece of clothing, add all 3 mods and have it come out to 6/3 armour. (Not that I mind that so much as that's hardly a stellar rating but I've already got players trying to abuse it). The other question is then how does it affect 'Armor Clothing' specifically. Does it add directly to it, or layer? The latter is an odd way of working but could be argued to be the way it's intended given the specific reference to layering rules.

In either case the way the entry is written it's left a few things a little vague.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <07-19-12/1654:45> »

Now for the big question, does Second Skin stack with FFBA?

Considering it's even more form-fitting than FFBA, I think it should both stack and get the same benefit toward encumbrance. I mean it probably could be worn under the FFBA after all.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Kesslan

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <07-19-12/2143:32> »
I don't know that that would be the case. There is such as thing as wearing too much too close to the skin and then rendering your joints less flexible as a result. It's certainly something that can happen IRL if you layer things far too much (Such as for example with some stage costumes etc).

FuelDrop

• Omae
  • Popping stims, it's time to go to work.
« Reply #22 on: <08-04-12/2020:15> »
going to throw my hat into the ring here with a question:
can the armour weaves (ie. the upgrades for clothing/armoured clothing) be applied to things like the Ares Globetrotter line of clothing-which-is-also-armour, or to suits like the Zoe Executive Suite Line? how about second skin and holoweave clothing? or can we assume that the upgrades are already the techniques used to give such armoured clothing its rating, and if so why can they then be applied to armoured clothing (vanilla) from the BBB but not these other forms of armoured clothing?
thanks in advance for replies.
"When in doubt, C4" - Mythbusters. As true in 2070 as when it was first spoken.

"You're wearing WHAT?" - Group reaction when our street sam walked into a meet wearing light military armour.

I_V_Saur

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <01-24-13/1708:09> »
Nano-Fixx. Pistons complains that "they retail 80¥ a pop, which is insane if you ask me." (Page 164)

The table, page 166, says 35.

Could be she's wrong. Seems to be a pretty sizeable discrepancy, though.
« Last Edit: <01-24-13/1727:04> by I_V_Saur »

chinlamp

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <07-28-13/2130:01> »
Nano-Fixx. Pistons complains that "they retail 80¥ a pop, which is insane if you ask me." (Page 164)

The table, page 166, says 35.

Could be she's wrong. Seems to be a pretty sizeable discrepancy, though.

Could be where she is in the world at the time.  Those values are generally what it goes for in Seattle, if she were in, say, London/Hong Kong/Tenochtitlan at the time of posting, it's entirely possible that that is what they go for.

She could have gone to a shop that really jacks up prices or just gotten really ripped off by a hot store clerk.

Or, yeah, she could be way off.

Personally, I'm only for errata and spelling fixes (except the most egregious) in the rules and lore sections.  Shadowtalk is generally forum posting and doesn't always get fully spellchecked or sometimes has auto-correct issues.  Keeps flavour and shows that they all aren't perfect people if they sometimes screw up their words.