Shadowrun Missions Living Campaign > Living Campaign Discussion

Neo-Tokyo FAQ Discussion

(1/19) > >>

Jayde Moon:
The SRM FAQ Team invites you to post your thoughts, gripes, suggestions, and hopefully praise for the Neo-Tokyo FAQ. The upcoming Neo-Tokyo arc will differ from the Chicago arc in tone and many of the Neo-Tokyo specific aspects of the FAQ are meant to address this.  Post your comments here and we will ensure we look over everything you guys have to say.

While we won't be defending or debating anything (you guys can do that if you want, while keeping it civil per the forum rules), I'll make sure I get in here and recap your thoughts once weekly so you know we're paying attention and listening to you.  We feel pretty confident that the FAQ is where it needs to be, but it's definitely possible that we missed something, your feedback is important!

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
It's correct that runners that are played today in Chicago will remain legal for play once season 9 begins, right? 

Quibble on the crimes/penalties chart on page 12:  You have a line for "restricted" firearms, but doesn't page 11 establish that there are no "restricted" firearms- any gun is always F for PCs?

Suggestion: Assuming that today's Chicago runners will be tomorrow's Neo-Tokyo runners, it'd be nice to see a standard expectation for handling wildly variable, "GM call" situations regarding two obvious situations: A Runner trying to use the Japanese language skill when it's not "N" and a runner trying to get info from a North American based contact while performing a shadowrun in Neo-Tokyo.  Connection ratings that represent pan-continental reach are afterall reserved for values far in excess of what SRM has been giving to contacts in the past...

Lormyr:
If I understood the Prime Runner update correctly, Prime Runners from Chicago's Season will be able to play all new Prime Missions, all new Special Mission's, and all new CMPs (as they will be dated after 2017). It is not clear if all characters from the current season will be forced into Prime Runner status, but I was operating under the impression that would be the case.

Additional question: Are these rules in play immediately, or once the new Season begins? Relevant due to the changes for working for the man/people.

Marcus:
I like it, I think it's a very interesting direction to go. I like the focus on burning Fake Sins, and the speed of reaction is also very impressive. Making all normal Guns to be Straight F and unliscenceable but allowing anyone to carry a melee weapons reach 1 or lower to pass is also very interesting. Is this a move to make Tokyo more melee heavy game?

Marcus:

--- Quote from: Stainless Steel Devil Rat on ---It's correct that runners that are played today in Chicago will remain legal for play once season 9 begins, right? 

Quibble on the crimes/penalties chart on page 12:  You have a line for "restricted" firearms, but doesn't page 11 establish that there are no "restricted" firearms- any gun is always F for PCs?

--- End quote ---

I think it's pretty clear Any gun that takes bullets that do P. So Tazers are ok
My guess is the optimal thing to do will be something like swapping to light pistols with integrated silencers on gun slides.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version