NEWS

Tangled Currents - Jeremiah

• 566 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <07-19-16/1027:03> »
As you roar off onto the street again, you can keep the feeds from the two drones in your lower vision.  They are staggered so that one is a couple of blocks out and the other only one, giving you a real time view of what the street is like ahead of you.  Steve's route takes you along some narrow but mostly abandoned streets, allowing you to make good time and cross several neighborhoods without incident. 

The more forward drone's feed lets you know that you are approaching a gunfight in the street and Steve's voice comes to you.  >>What now?  Looks like two gangs fighting it out.  Not sure I like just trying to barrel through.<<
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <07-19-16/1403:50> »
Spokane checks the gunfight feed to see if he can get an id on the gangs involved.  He ponders a moment.

I can see three options.  Either we go around or wait it out for a few hours.  you know any place we can get around them or a place we can chill for a few hours?

Now that I think of it, it would also probably be a good idea for Simon to ride with you.  That way if there is a fight you two can run while I deal with the bad guys.
« Last Edit: <07-19-16/1506:50> by Stuttrboy »
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <07-20-16/0040:52> »
Steve is silent for a few moments then her voice comes over your trodes.  >>Does not appear to be too much of a way past them that doesn't include going into narrow alleys and I would recommend against doing that.  There is a 'Shack about a block and a half to the right, and a no tell right next door.  We could rent a room for an hour or so and give Simon some rest.<<

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <07-20-16/0530:24> »
That's my read too.  Okay looks like we have some downtime.

At the no-tell Spokane breaks out the left-overs in case anyone is hungry.

So Simon, tell us a bit about yourself and your family.  Is it just your father is your mom in the picture?
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <07-20-16/1004:11> »
Simon definitely gives the impression that he is tired, and his answer is punctuated with a couple of yawns.  "Just dad, now.  Mom left us about two years ago.  He does not talk much about her, but he says she loved someone else more than she loved us.  I have not seen her in a while, although she does send presents for birthdays and stuff.  Do you know how much longer to get home?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <07-20-16/1402:29> »
I dont know buddy.  I think we are a little over halfway there but there seems to be a lot of road blocks.  See if you can get some shut eye for a few hours and we can try again in a bit.

Spokane checks the time and the routes.  It was 5 PM when this all started.  Now hours later how far had they gotten and how far was left to go?

Spokane texts Sasha   You said to keep in contact but werent real specific so just a quick update we are about halfway there and we may be stopping for the night soon.  The kid is safe but there is still no ETA.

How about you Steve, any family, hobbies? he says quietly, hoping to let Simon get some sleep.
« Last Edit: <07-20-16/1405:38> by Stuttrboy »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <07-21-16/0122:21> »
Simon nods and crawls onto the bed after removing his shoes.  He is asleep almost as soon as his head hits the pillow.  Steve watches him for a minute then turns back to you.  "I figure we are almost two thirds of the way there.  I am having my drones do some advance recon for us to try to determine the best route."  She shrugs.  "Only real family left is the gang.  As for hobbies, it seems my life is pretty much my boards and my drones.  Not much time for much else, and not really too much else to do in that neighborhood anyway."

"Let's see.  The cliff notes version of one Stephanie Wild.  Wage slave family.  Made it through high school by a nose hair.  Never been married, but a couple of sort of serious relationships that did not last.  Gave up my virginity when I was fourteen to a slimeball I should have loved less and trusted a whole lot less.  Bounced around, piecing my decks together as I went.  Still a lot of things I would like to improve on the current set, but money is tight and I need to eat, as sad as that may sound.  Survived to be twenty-three, almost twenty-four.  Have developed some definite bi tendencies as far as sexual mores go.  What else you want to know?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <07-21-16/0257:47> »
nothing in particular.  just trying to get to know you.  Didn't mean to make into an interrogation.  If money is tight I can probably throw some work your way.  I find I have need of your kind of services from time to time.

My parents abandoned me at about 6 or 7 .  My foster family said it was for my protection but I don't know from what.  grew up on a ranch in the Sioux nation, got into a lot of fights.  The whole half breed thing was a big deal for them I guess.  I was junior state kickboxing champ though so I usually won.  I had a few girl friends growing up nothing ever got very serious.  After graduation I came back here looking for my parents but I was broke and well, fighting is really the only thing I do well so I got some work as a bounty hunter and body guard.  Job before this I thought I met the love of my life.  She was the client and the relationship was probably inappropriate but neither of us cared.  We finally fought off what was chasing her and I thought I had sacrificed my life for her in the end.  I died three times according to the doctors, so I guess technically I did.  I had burns over 60% of my body, a number of my bones were basically pulverized.  Luckily she was the daughter of a power Vory big wig who felt some gratitude for saving his daughter so was in a vat for 6 months or so.  They regrew my skin and bones gave me new eyes.  Still not used to it, really.  When I came out of the coma the first person I went to see was Lucy.  Apparently 6 months was too long for her to wait.  I guess I can't blame her, she had no way to know if I would even pull through, so she moved on.  for her it was 6 months, to me it hasn't even been a week.  Hell I took this job just to get my mind off her and here I am babbling about it.

And now you know more about Jeremiah than anybody except for maybe a number of people who I can count on one hand.  Pathetic right?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <07-21-16/0317:44> »
Steve shakes her head.  "No, Jeremiah.  You are not pathetic.  The woman is pathetic, though.  Sorry if that sets you off any, but it's true from my perspective.  If I ever find the man of my dreams and he shares that feeling, I would wait forever for him to come out of the vat.  She may not have know how you react to being in the coma, but to just leave you there and "move on"?  No, I don't buy it.  Rather, I don't buy that she was ever really in love with you in the first place."  She waves her hands about.  "But what do I know about love?  I let some beguiling loser talk me into my first sexual experience.  He was saying all the right words, but he dumped me after the third night of passion with me.  I was so embarrassed and humiliated.  The rest of the school soon knew just how easy I was supposed to be and I had to live with that until the end of high school."

"So, no.  That Lucy is not worth dreaming about.  Of course, I probably sound like some raving lunatic and you have every right to just ignore all I just said.  I hope that you find the right girl someday, Jeremiah, even if it is Lucy."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <07-21-16/0357:45> »
I get that on a logical level, but my emotional state hasn't quite caught up, but I thank you for your words.  I'm trying to move on but I can't stop thinking about her.  I'll lay it out straight.  I'm feeling something, a connection between us, but I'm still working through these old feelings and I want to be totally up front about that.  Between that and the vat work I may just be too broken and maybe I've totally misread you but I think you may feel similarly.  I think I really need some old fashion human connection in my life and if you are willing to explore this, I'd like to.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <07-21-16/0943:40> »
When you are finished, Steve looks at you in silence for about a minute then stands up.  She looks over to where Simon is sound asleep then walks over to where you are sitting and bends over to kiss you.  He lips are surprisingly firm and you feel her tongue brush against your lips, just feeling, not trying to force an entry.  Standing back up, she looks at you.  She is breathing a bit hard as she says, "Something like that sort of human contact?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <07-21-16/1204:43> »
Jeremiah looks Stephanie in the eyes as he stands.  Gently, he brings his hand up to her face and strokes her cheek with the back of his index finger, slowly running it to her jawline then to the tip of her chin, while pulling her body into his with his other arm around her waist, holding her close.  He shakes his head at her smiling softly.

More like this. he whispers. Her curls his other arm behind her, hand sliding up the base of the neck gently, his fingers  wind through her hair tickling the back of her scalp.  As his lips meet hers he finally feels a bit of the the ice in his soul melt for the first time since the wakening.  A bit of her warmth starting to banish the cold.

Afterwards, with his forehead pressed to hers he says That's the first time I've touched a woman since the vat.  It feels...different, but not in a bad way.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <07-22-16/0141:45> »
The woman is panting as your foreheads touch.  Her eyes are round saucers and you can feel a slight tremble in her body.  She lifts her hands and puts one to each side of your face.  "Hmmmm.  Alright, so how can I help you move past the old feeling to get to the new ones, because I have to say that I am having a problem keeping my clothes on right now.  The kid is asleep and the bathroom is vacant.  Are you up for something?"

Your body has been reacting and letting you know it is ready for something since you took her in your arms, but at her words, your body is almost yelling at you that you are ready for something.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <07-22-16/0721:19> »
Spokane sighs, This may be the hardest thing I've had to do in a while but, No.  I think we should wait at least until we have the kid back to his father, I really should maintain a certain amount of professionalism on the job and that's crossing a line.  Beside I don't think our first sexual experience should be some quickie in the bathroom, call me a romantic, but I'd like that to be special in some way.  Holding you feels nice though.  It seems like forever since I've done this.

He searches her eyes looking for acceptance or understanding. 

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <07-22-16/1037:40> »
Steve looks at you and smiles.  "You are right, of course.  At least about not doing anything while we are responsible for Simon.  But make no mistake, I would not care if my first time with you was a quickie in the bathroom.  Being in your arms is very nice and I could easily get used to it.  But if the quickie is all I were to get, I would take it and make the best of it.  I know that my body has been reacting to you for some time and, well, let's just say I may try to hold you to something after this is over."