NEWS

SR5 Gun Kata Adept "Mecho"

• 3 Replies

Lethal Joke

• Chummer
  • Hahahahahahaha
« on: <07-23-14/0019:30> »
All right folks. I recently got my (physical) copy of Shadowrun: Run & Gun. Now, I thought the gear was nice. I thought the Martial Arts were sweet.

As some of you might be aware, I am the GM of my particular group. The PCs made it through two runs, both of which were very close to actually being a cakewalk. (Okay. The first one actually was a cakewalk. It was their first time.)
This is going to end with their third run. They are going to be tasked by the local Mafia family to hit the local Triads and (preferably) find a way to frame the Yakuza for it. So, I loaded two possible locations for their attack down with Triad 49ers and local gangers. One location has a captain/enforcer (or "Red Pole.") The other does not.
I combined my need for another Red Pole with my desire to use some of the new tricks from Run & Gun. Though I'm not quite sure I got the buying of Martial Arts and associated techniques, so double-check for me, please. This is all for a combination that will - hopefully - give my players trouble.

WIthout any further ado,

Aleksi Sterenko a.k.a. “Mecho (Bulgarian for Bear,)” Gun (Kata) Adept

Priorities:
Metatype E – Human (1)
Attributes A – 24
Magic B – Adept; Magic 6, one rating 4 Active Skill
Skills C – 28/2
Resources D – 50,000 Nuyen

Attributes:
Body 5
Agility 6
Reaction 4 (6)
Strength 5
Willpower 3
Logic 2
Intuition 4
Charisma 3
Edge 3
Essence 6
Condition 11/10
Initiative 8(10) + 3D6

Limits:
Physical 7
Mental 4
Social 5

Qualities:
Bilingual -5
Natural Athlete -7
Quick Healer -3
Bad Rep (Betrayed Vory to enforce for Triad) +7
Distinctive Style (Tall, broad, and hairy for a human) +5
SINner (Criminal SIN) +10

Skills:
Blades 4
Pistols (Gun Kata) 6(+2)
Sneaking 3
Perception 4
Etiquette (Vory v Zakone) 2(+2)
Leadership 3
Intimidate 3
Armorer (Firearms) 2(+2)
Automotive Mechanic 2
Pilot Ground Vehicle 1 (Bought with 2 Karma)
Athletics Skill Group 2

Knowledge Skills:
Language (Russian) N
Language (English) N
Twin Cities Triads 3
Vory v Zakone 4
Weapons Manufacturers 3
Action Trids 2

Adept Powers:
Danger Sense 3 (-0.75 PP)
Enhanced Accuracy (Pistols) (-0.25 PP)
Improved Reflexes 2 (-2.5 PP)
Missile Parry 2 (-0.5 PP)
Mystic Armor 3 (-1.5 PP)
Wall Running (-0.5)

Martial Art; Gun Kata (27 Karma spent)
Close Quarters Firearms (Pistols)
Kip-Up
Multiple Opponent Defense (Friends in Melee)
Stagger
Tricking

3 Karma for 6,000 nuyen

Lifestyle:
Middle (2 Months)
Fake SIN 4 (Fake Adept License 4, Fake Gun License 4, Fake Concealed Carry License 4, Fake Driver’s License 4)
*Genuine Criminal SIN issued by Knight-Errant*
Flashlight
Gold Credstick
Gas Mask
Erika Elite Commlink (Rating 4)
Containment Manacles
DocWagon Basic Contract (1 year)
6x sets of clothes

Weapons and Armor:
Savalette Guardian [Heavy Pistol: Acc 6(8 ), Dam 8P, AP -1, Mode SA/BF, RC 1, Ammo 12(c) – 250 Regular Ammo, 150 Gel Ammo, 6 Spare Clips, Concealed Quickdraw Holster]
Ares “One” Monosword [Blade: Acc 5, Dam 8P, Rea 1, AP -3]
Bike Racing Armor [Rating 8; 4 Fire Resistance, 4 Nonconductivity, Gel Packs]
Helmet [Rating +2; Capacity 6: Flare Compensation, Image Link, Smartlink, Vision Magnification]

Vehicle:
Suzuki Mirage [Motorcycle; Handl 5/3, Speed 6, Accel 3, Body 5, Armor 6, Pilot 1, Sensor 2 – Manual Operation]
Automotive Mechanic Tool Shop
Armorer Tool Kit

Brief Background: The hulking ex-Vory Byki ("bull," a bodyguard) who decided betraying his brothers in exchange for a higher position in the Triads. The Vory want him dead, but due to his information and a concerted effort of the other organized crime syndicates the Bratva no longer hold much power in the Twin Cities. He was in a Knight-Errant prison a decade ago, where he had little to do but watch action trids on his (contraband kept via bribe) commlink. He since practiced the showy moves from the trids he'd watched to be fairly tough with Gun Kata. Presently, he runs the Dark Mark Triad and its businesses (protection rackets, drugs, and a dedicated chop shop) out of an abandoned auto mechanic's garage on the edge of the Triad's territory in Minneapolis.

So. What is everybody's thoughts?
« Last Edit: <07-23-14/0121:45> by Lethal Joke »

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #1 on: <07-23-14/0106:00> »
Man betrayed the Vory? Dead man walking!

Ok all kidding aside I generally like the build, did you go with str 5 for the Recoil comp? It just strikes me that those points could be doing more else where.
Why is the essence listed at 3?
I personally like Firefight better then Gun kata, but I respect going all in on it.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Lethal Joke

• Chummer
  • Hahahahahahaha
« Reply #2 on: <07-23-14/0120:27> »
Man betrayed the Vory? Dead man walking!
If my players learn about the guy before hitting the place, they could probably get some extra cash from the Bratva.

Ok all kidding aside I generally like the build, did you go with str 5 for the Recoil comp? It just strikes me that those points could be doing more else where.
Why is the essence listed at 3?
I personally like Firefight better then Gun kata, but I respect going all in on it.
Partially for the recoil comp, partially for the backup weapon, the sword.
The essence is listed at 3 because I made a mistake. It's supposed to be at 6. Good catch.
Thanks for the respect there. I actually prefer Firefight, too, but the guy was in a K-E prison, not a training facility.

I also have to note: my players are a little obsessed with the bow and arrows. The group spellcaster is actually better with the bow than with his spells. So the Missile Parry power will really annoy them.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #3 on: <07-23-14/0130:49> »
Partially for the recoil comp, partially for the backup weapon, the sword.
The essence is listed at 3 because I made a mistake. It's supposed to be at 6. Good catch.
Thanks for the respect there. I actually prefer Firefight, too, but the guy was in a K-E prison, not a training facility.
Fair enough.

I also have to note: my players are a little obsessed with the bow and arrows. The group spellcaster is actually better with the bow than with his spells. So the Missile Parry power will really annoy them.

lol I was kinda wondering about that power, but that is a deeply amusing note. 
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking