FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <10-21-11/1328:01> »
Am I reading this right, are the folks in the spoiler tags all stated in Unbound? (The ones not in Street Legends)
Harlequin has stats. Those stats are not out yet, but technically they are in a Street Legends product.

I like having fun, but I don't want to screw anyone by thinking they're available right now.
« Last Edit: <10-21-11/1748:07> by James Meiers »

MikeW

• Freelancer
  • Newb
« Reply #17 on: <10-21-11/1928:09> »
I like coming full circle, it was awesome seeing black mamba stats :)

I also Like the full gambit of NPC range, from gangers to veteran street runners (not Sure about the Sam having delta-ware WR 3...but i guess that comes From our group having very little opportunity for That grade... My PC just got delta spurs after Roughly 40 karma and sacrificing the cash payout the Rest of the team got to get it).

Another plot point that stands out at the moment (only have covered a few) was a time of frost! It seems cool to dig
Up some ?dirt? On frosty.

Looking at deja vu and I think that is an awesome idea. Also nice to see the NeoNet group internal power factions upsetting each others plans.(one thing of note: how skilled do you want the drakes to be with the elemental attack, they are missing the exotic ranged attack skill)

Frankie, I'm glad you're enjoying the two chapters I wrote. Sorry about the exotic ranged weapon skill for the drakes.  I agree, it should have been there. 
Mike Wich, SR Freelancer
10 Jackpointers
Sixth World Almanac
03-10 Spin Control
War!
Street Legends
Artifacts Unbound
Conspiracy Theories
Horizon Adventure #3

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <10-21-11/2248:05> »
MikeW, no need to be sorry about a silly stat line after producing a great product with your fellow staff. Myself and our fellow GM for our group will be getting together to divide up the runs. And after reading through some of them I find I will fighting to run the ones I like most (all the ones I have read lol)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <10-21-11/2334:29> »
I cannot begin to describe how eager I am for recaps of Too Many Secrets.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #20 on: <10-22-11/0148:40> »
And I know I'm eager to see what folks think of my chapters :) 

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #21 on: <10-22-11/1117:39> »
I cannot begin to describe how eager I am for recaps of Too Many Secrets.

In short...

[spoiler]Oh, this one's easy. I don't think it's possible for physics to measure how quickly my sphincter puckered defensively while reading the fiction. I think Rory (is that Thorn?) summed it up very well with his 'Fucking hell'. I'd remembered that Friday escaped back in System Failure, but had put the crazy god chip making bint out my mind because I didn't want to think of how she could make things worse. Except she did know, and she's done it.

And she's a technomancer!? Oh, that had to be a fun realization for a matrixphobe like Friday. And she's mixed god chip tech with an advanced form of Deus' gestalt control over the Banded? Now why do I sense the hand of another dissonant heavy with whom Friday has unhappily (but damned near successfully) worked with in the past? One who'd been, perhaps, partying it up in Geneva of late?

You have to think that she'd be rather proud if she knew that the corporate court and UCAS government were both willing to completely obliterate, not just nuke but destroy clear down to the bedrock, an entire region just to get rid of her if the strike team failed or even appeared to have a serious chance of failure.[/spoiler]

...I'm liking it because it will make certain of my players require new shorts with just a few simple key words.  ;D
« Last Edit: <10-22-11/1122:24> by Valashar »
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <10-22-11/1215:15> »
Yeah, ain't it awesome? :D

Well ... Hell. I'm waiting to see/hear what happens during Plot Point Two. There's something that Jason and I talked about and I want to see if any players act in a certain way.

[spoiler]To be fair, she is a dronomancer. It's not like she's out there cutting through code against FastJack. She's so fucked up that she may not even realize that she doesn't have her old VCR.

OBTW, I had to stat up her SR3 cyberware to get the right Essence and base Resonance ratings. I wonder if anyone needs those.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-22-11/1217:27> by James Meiers »

Valashar

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <10-22-11/1311:27> »
I don't suppose those new chips of hers/theirs have any roughed-in stats or information? Or would they be well approximated with the idea of a tacnet-linked group of roided-out extra-heavies?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <10-22-11/1401:20> »
Ugh. Yeah. I forgot to stat them. Damnation! What happened was there was so much stuff to write and stat that I fucked up and didn't put this information in there. Oh, well. Use in good health. Or in ruthless sadism.

Spoilered so as not to give away what this is for.

[spoiler]Even worse, I failed to give her the ability to infect software (and thus people) with Frenzy, which I absolutely wanted to do because there is nothing in this adventure that shouldn't be trying to kill you.

The idea is that Friday has created a Frenzy virus akin to Buzz (Unwired, 121), but it infects a person's simsense module (hot or cold), or any cyberware interface (so a datajack but not bone lacing). When I first used these chips in SR3 they were distributed as something to be slotted into a datajack, or a standalone trode net was placed over the subject. Put another way, I am sadistic bastard.

Frenzy (Rating 6)

Duration: (Rating) minutes.
Effects:
  • Gives the User the Berserker adept power (Street Magic, 175) bonuses with the following change: –2 to Logic, and +1 to Willpower. Also +1 IP.
  • They ignore all Physical and Stun penalties.
  • The software also bundles Tacsoft Rating 4 into this.
  • The user will attack the nearest person not in their mesh network until one of them is dead with their most potent weapon, magic, etc.
When they crash, all of their Attributes drop by –2 (Min. 1) for (Rating) minutes, and they must resist (Rating)S DV with their reduced Willpower+Intuition. This assumes that they actually live.

The software can be activated three ways: By Friday's order (Free Action), User's Free Action, or automatically once they take any damage (not including Drain).[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-22-11/2307:34> by James Meiers »

Valashar

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <10-22-11/2244:19> »
Huge. Evil. Grin.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <10-22-11/2310:10> »
Yeah, River City Shootout, Too Many Secrets, and A Tale of Two Princes escalates the danger level like a mother.

Of course, considering what happens in Praxis that's only fair.

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <10-23-11/0011:04> »
Ugh. Yeah. I forgot to stat them. Damnation! What happened was there was so much stuff to write and stat that I fucked up and didn't put this information in there. Oh, well. Use in good health. Or in ruthless sadism.

Spoilered so as not to give away what this is for.

[spoiler]Even worse, I failed to give her the ability to infect software (and thus people) with Frenzy, which I absolutely wanted to do because there is nothing in this adventure that shouldn't be trying to kill you.

The idea is that Friday has created a Frenzy virus akin to Buzz (Unwired, 121), but it infects a person's simsense module (hot or cold), or any cyberware interface (so a datajack but not bone lacing). When I first used these chips in SR3 they were distributed as something to be slotted into a datajack, or a standalone trode net was placed over the subject. Put another way, I am sadistic bastard.

Frenzy (Rating 6)

Duration: (Rating) minutes.
Effects:
  • Gives the User the Berserker adept power (Street Magic, 175) bonuses with the following change: –2 to Logic, and +1 to Willpower. Also +1 IP.
  • They ignore all Physical and Stun penalties.
  • The software also bundles Tacsoft Rating 4 into this.
  • The user will attack the nearest person not in their mesh network until one of them is dead with their most potent weapon, magic, etc.
When they crash, all of their Attributes drop by –2 (Min. 1) for (Rating) minutes, and they must resist (Rating)S DV with their reduced Willpower+Intuition. This assumes that they actually live.

The software can be activated three ways: By Friday's order (Free Action), User's Free Action, or automatically once they take any damage (not including Drain).[/spoiler]

Good God MAN!  You just totally jacked up my Street Sam.
Living the Electronic Dream

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <10-23-11/0049:38> »
Mission Accomplished.

nakano

• Chummer
  • What we've got here is failure to communicate
« Reply #29 on: <10-23-11/0941:46> »
I have to say its really nice to have all five pieces of the story in my hands now.  I am about to start running them, and with regard to Artifacts Unbound, WOW!.  I expected a few campaign hooks and plot ideas but I am floored by the sheer number of plot points presented in the pdf.

The range of options presented is really nice as well and I find that Psychic Highway to Hell really harkens back to one of the quirkier old adventures, [spoiler]Harlequin's Back[/spoiler], which was a favorite of my old table. 

One of the things I liked most was the mass of NPC statistics, both general and specific.  That alone means, that long after the adventures seeds in Artifacts Unbound have been played, Artifacts Unbound will remain in my stack of core shadowrun books. 

All in all a very nice product, one that I will very much enjoy.