NEWS

[SR5] VTT (Virtual Table Top) - Fantasy Grounds by Smiteworks

• 2 Replies

wombat

• Newb
« on: <07-07-16/0232:51> »
Shadowrun 5e is the best version of Shadowrun to date. Great work with the rules Catalyst.
What I would like is to be able to play this awesome game and edition on a VTT (Virtual Table Top).

Would the people of Catalyst consider working with the team at Smiteworks to produce and market their products on the VTT platform; Fantasy Grounds?
Their system sells products for Wizards of the Coast and many other companies. Their products are also available to purchase on Steam.
This could open up a whole new revenue stream and capture new value for Catalyst.

Is there much interest from this community for a VTT playable version of Shadowrun 5e?
« Last Edit: <07-07-16/0307:54> by wombat »

revan.be

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <07-07-16/0804:02> »
Actually i can highly recommend Wandlers free work on Roll20 on his alternate character sheet,
its still in beta , but it automates a lot of stuff for the players and allows people to copy paste the relevant rules text into tooltips ,
and is very clearly laid out in handy tabs.
its still in german though, and certain things like matrix stuff need the full Wandler touch,
but he is expected to update it more in august, and when full i18n functionality is given to pro users,
 and once complete its shaping up to be the definitive charsheet for SR5.
In the meantime he has made a small change  to the main roll20 charsheet at my request;
hoverover tooltips which are editable for copy pasting relevant rules text next to each line

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/3299495/need-coder-to-do-custom-charsheet-willing-to-gift-r20-credit-in-return
SR5 archetypesof all races needed , add art male/female art if possible http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=12881.30

wombat

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-08-16/0118:47> »
Oh that's great.
But Catalyst doesn't capture any value from that being made free of charge. What I'm suggesting is Catalyst and Smiteworks working together to produce fully functioning modules.

Roll20 is fine and all, but Fantasy Grounds is the most powerful and in my opinion best VTT around.