• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« on: <08-26-14/1729:39> »
Street dates announced here

Of note:
Fire & Frost - Aug 27
Street Grimoire - Sept 10
Firing Line - Sept 24

Hopefully we'll also get the digital release of Fire & Frost shortly as well  ;)

Chance

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <08-26-14/1902:38> »
I hope there's an e-pub for Fire & Frost. My fiction library is definitely virtual now and I won't be getting a paper version (if anyone in power cares lol)

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <08-26-14/1938:33> »
Still no Beginner's and Alphaware Boxed Sets physical releases?

Argh.
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #3 on: <08-26-14/2007:56> »
I hope there's an e-pub for Fire & Frost. My fiction library is definitely virtual now and I won't be getting a paper version (if anyone in power cares lol)

They just released Spells & Chrome in electronic form on DTRPG (link), so I think they're starting to look at this more seriously.  I don't know how long it'll take (I think the hardcopy release was last year), but eventually I think it'll go electronic.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Chance

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <08-26-14/2119:50> »
But Spells & Chrome had already been released on Battleshop long ago. I know because I grabbed it when it was released. No official word on the new line of fiction though....

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #5 on: <08-26-14/2150:04> »
I think there's a deal in place right now with Barnes & Noble or something that limits sales on it for a specific time period.  Not certain though, just a rumor I picked up somewhere.  Dunno the specifics on the book stuff, as that handled on another side of the company.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <08-26-14/2206:30> »
Talking to my LGS it seams Alliance is still being boneheaded about Street Dates. Since Crossfire has a SD of the 27th shipments today, the 26th, will not include the game, even though there is no way they could be received by any LGS before the SD.

My LGS will not receive Crossfire until next thursday, the 4th of september. :'( :( >:(

Personally I think this is a bit overkill on control of a SD. I could almost understand not included the game in Monday shipments as they might arrive some places on Tuesday but even one day is not that big a deal compared to forcing many LGSs to miss the SD buy an entire week?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <08-26-14/2235:42> »
I think there's a deal in place right now with Barnes & Noble or something that limits sales on it for a specific time period.  Not certain though, just a rumor I picked up somewhere.  Dunno the specifics on the book stuff, as that handled on another side of the company.

Interesting...the street date would put it about a month behind B&N. Kinda cool if they have a deal like that, probably helps covers some of the costs/risk with trade paper runs. Already have a hard copy set aside, but really want the digital version before my next trip. ;)

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <08-27-14/0109:53> »
I like collectors editions.  I like fancy books.

But ORLY?  I can get a $80 version of Street Grimoire, the .pdf version was such a badly edited mishmash it's barely even usable?  Before there's even a FAQ out?

OH YEAH, LET ME JUMP ON THAT.

C'mon, guys, you really should have let those sit in the warehouse until you fixed it.  This is just taking advantage of the unaware, who will most likely hate you thereafter. 

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <08-27-14/0135:31> »
I'm really curious to see how well Street Grimoire ends up selling with all the bad word of mouth its gotten. They obviously have to try to sell them, the books are already printed and that's money down the drain if they're left in a warehouse. But as GM of my local shadowrun game, I have no intention of picking up a hardcopy of Street Grimoire, and I would not be able to recommend it to anybody in good conscience.

I'm actually a little torn about what happens with the sale. On the one hand, I don't want it to sell terribly. Catalyst will lose buckets of money and that can really hurt them. They aren't a large company that can just absorb a huge loss on a major book. But then again, having the book do terribly will be a wake up call that forces them to be a hell of a lot more strict on the quality control, and will prevent another book getting botched this bad in the future. If it sells like hotcakes the way the core book did, then there isn't as much incentive to fix things going forward.

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <08-27-14/0240:01> »
I can't imagine it's doing very well, so far.

If it had been equivalent quality to the 4th ed street magic, I would have been THRILLED to spend $80 on a collectors edition.

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <08-27-14/0555:00> »
I find it kind of telling that there doesn't seem to be much of any reviews of SG on the various well known TRPG News/Review sites. What, were there not a lot of review copies that went out? Or am I missing something and that there was a bunch of other tabletop releases during that time period that the media was more interested in?
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <08-27-14/0637:25> »
Fire & Frost is now available from CGLand DTRPG. ;D

Chance

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <08-27-14/0642:56> »
I find it kind of telling that there doesn't seem to be much of any reviews of SG on the various well known TRPG News/Review sites. What, were there not a lot of review copies that went out? Or am I missing something and that there was a bunch of other tabletop releases during that time period that the media was more interested in?

I assumed that was due to the focus on D&D 5 plus it being the middle of Con season and all.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <08-27-14/0833:08> »
There are 6 reviews up on DTRPG (Run & Gun only has 9), none of which are good. While I appreciate that this is a very limited sampling, there are reviews out there. Of course, not sure how they relate to sales as it's already gone platinum on DTRPG and has been in the top 5 since released. ??? Bull has confirmed that the draft FAQs/errata exist and are in process (per the comment from Jason back in July)...hopefully we see them soon.