NEWS

Eyesight recruitment thread (IC)

• 30 Replies

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <04-26-16/0906:50> »
He might not be able to hit a target with that pistol, but he'll at least not panic when drek hits the fan and Krestov and I resort to turning rooms into charnel houses

"You have some combat experience. Good.

"Do you have any experience with wetwork?"
« Last Edit: <04-26-16/0909:20> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #16 on: <04-26-16/0915:06> »
"None. As I have said I have never been in a fight so I am a virgin to killing... its not like your gonna ask me to roast an infant in the crib so I am resigned to the fact I am probably gonna have to kill someone. I'd like to avoid it if I can but... It is what it is." Eyesight said with a sigh.
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <04-27-16/0804:06> »
bnc smiled, not entirely unimpressed. She dropped the topic anyway - there might be time to plunge deeper into this discussion another time, in another place. She was not yet done assessing his capabilities, however.

"Not bad, mister. Now, let's see to a more practical approach. If we hire a mage, we do so because we need one to do the astral recon. Tell me what you know about us. You have my personal permission to cast any spell at me, given that it does not inflict any permanent damage.

Also, there is little to be found in the matrix about you. What does that mean? Are you experienced? Where did you learn magic without ever showing up?"
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <04-27-16/2251:57> »
"Well... I uh... was taught by my dad. Most my lessons were... actually I was blindfolded. We used some... like... parking gargage type place for training. I was told... NEVER... to use magic outside of that place. And uh... let me... assent you each... I know your an adept..." He closed his eyes then turns his head towards bnc.

[Spoiler] Assensing bnc: 12d6t7 3 [/Spoiler]
« Last Edit: <04-29-16/0924:48> by Raiderjoseph »
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <04-28-16/0334:02> »
[spoiler]I don't wanna be an ass or something ^^ just to get this right.
When did you look through Torrent's disguise?
Also, you already assensed bnc, so you would suffer a -2 penalty. Since you only had 10 dice in the first place, shouldn't that mean you have only 8 dice left? Maybe I missed something, though.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <04-28-16/1120:10> »
[spoiler]I don't wanna be an ass or something ^^ just to get this right.
When did you look through Torrent's disguise?
Also, you already assensed bnc, so you would suffer a -2 penalty. Since you only had 10 dice in the first place, shouldn't that mean you have only 8 dice left? Maybe I missed something, though.

[SPOILER]Whoops. I only got the Orc as an adept. Ill make an edit. And uh... I didnt know about the -2. Sorry. Should I reroll?[/Spoiler]
Thoughts
Mentor

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <04-28-16/1128:47> »
[spoiler]
Just subtract the last two dice from your roll in Orokos

That said: One retry only has a -1 penalty.
[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <04-28-16/1656:11> »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler] Subrtacting 2 dice still gives me 3 hits. So... I got 2 hits on her?[/Spoiler]
Thoughts
Mentor

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <04-28-16/1710:06> »
[spoiler]
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler] Subrtacting 2 dice still gives me 3 hits. So... I got 2 hits on her?[/Spoiler]
So looking at this specific case:

So you rolled 12 dice, and they came up as such [2, 4, 7, 4, 2, 10, 4, 4, 5, 11, 2, 3]. Totaling 4 hits.

Because you forgot to add a -1 penalty, the resulting dice are changed to [2, 4, 7, 4, 2, 10, 4, 4, 5, 11, 2, 3]. There are still 4 hits.

Also, you have your target number (as in the target number you need to reach on a dice roll to register as a success) set to 7. It should be 5.[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <04-28-16/1741:59> »
[spoiler]
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

So looking at this specific case:

So you rolled 12 dice, and they came up as such [2, 4, 7, 4, 2, 10, 4, 4, 5, 11, 2, 3]. Totaling 4 hits.

Because you forgot to add a -1 penalty, the resulting dice are changed to [2, 4, 7, 4, 2, 10, 4, 4, 5, 11, 2, 3]. There are still 4 hits.

Also, you have your target number (as in the target number you need to reach on a dice roll to register as a success) set to 7. It should be 5.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I thought that was for limits. I will make a note of that.[/spoiler]
Thoughts
Mentor

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <04-29-16/0547:14> »
[spoiler]Thanks for correcting me there, Jack. I always thought it was -2.
So, with 3 hits you get:
 - Her mood is (as always) a very complex thing to describe. As you only get a general gist, she's a bit torn, both interested and bored, not quite sure whether she's enjoying herself or not. Generally, you can't describe her as stable.
 - Generally, her body is weak. Apart from a totally destroyed system, her aura shows severe signs of intoxication, most probably from substance abuse, malnutrition or both of them.
 - Her skin has been removed in the areas of her head, shoulders and arms. Also there are some black holes in her head and in both of her hands.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <04-29-16/0854:15> »
[spoiler]Assuming you correct this to only the Orc being an adept at some point because you are aware of the mistake, we'll move forward.[/spoiler]
"Well... I uh... was taught by my dad. Most my lessons were... actually I was blindfolded. We used some... like... parking gargage type place for training. I was told... NEVER... to use magic outside of that place. And uh... let me... assent you each... I know you two are adepts the orc is an adept..." He closed his eyes then turns his head towards bnc.
Slobbertooth raised an eyebrow.

"I'm the only adept you see here?"
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <04-29-16/0928:52> »
"At first glance yes. But assenting is weird. Sometimes it shows you nothing when it should be glaringly obvious and sometimes it shows you everything when all you needed was a minor detail. Like I said, magic is chaotic." Eyesight typed down something on his meta link. He passed it to bnc. It said: "Well... im not sure about saying this out loud but you aren't in perfect health. Your system is SHATTERED. Your really malnourished too. You know...I can cook too if it helps my case so I know how to get nutrition even in this day and age. Also your skin has been removed in your arms, head, and shoulders. There we black holes in your head and hands so I am assuming thats ware. You seen kinda torn. Bored and interested. And to be frank, are you addicted to any subtances?

"I don't have any mind reading spells but... I can do this..."  He put his hand out at bnc and closed his eyes.

[Spoiler] Casting: Chaos(Force 3): 12d6t3 4

Drain Resist: 10d6t2 7

Yeesh... 2 points of drain damage. Could be worse. Can I determine the exact nature of the illusions or is that up to GM? [/Spoiler]
Thoughts
Mentor

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <04-29-16/0936:27> »
[spoiler]
Could you please use "t5" at the end of your rolls? It's very confusing otherwise
You are free to describe the fluff - but with such a low force I'm pretty confident bnc will just shrug of the effect.

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <04-29-16/0939:11> »
[spoiler]You're doing that thing with target numbers again

The actual results should be Casting: Chaos: 12d6t5 3

Drain Resist: 10d6t5 0 Which... ouch[/spoiler]

"At first glance yes. But assenting is weird. Sometimes it shows you nothing when it should be glaringly obvious and sometimes it shows you everything when all you needed was a minor detail. Like I said, magic is chaotic."
"And sometimes things are purposefully hidden from you."

Seeing the strain put on Eyesight from casting whatever he did, and his struggles to assense Torrent as an adept, Slobbertooth spoke again, "Now calm down and have a look over the whole of the group again and tell us what you see. You've done a fine job on bnc in your second attempt."
« Last Edit: <04-29-16/1529:41> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"