NEWS

Bye, Bye Blackbird IC

• 187 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #120 on: <05-10-17/0840:24> »
[spoiler]
Marco has an adept power that makes assessing him more difficult so there are only two hits there. (-3 dice)
[/spoiler]
Na'Nele can clearly identify Marco as an awakened with well-developed magic (she only knows if it is equal/higher/lower than her own -Marco's magic is 6). She can see multiple bound spirits to a point that requires charisma and personal charm to keep so many of them bounded.  The man's emotions are an enigma, they are deeper than most, and the surface emotions are kept calm and obscure anything below them.  Yes, clearly a mage she concludes, if she does get a glimpse of some deeper emotions it is one of pain and regret - what ever the man is about to do - he does so out of desperation.

"Great meeting you Na'Nele he said and extanded a hand. "We have a meeting that we are not invited to. If we are not there in time no point of being there at all."
He thinks "Darn it Arc, we should have met them at the airport with our own ride - now I have to wait for more witnesses to our crimes."

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #121 on: <05-10-17/1216:12> »
"I'm sorry," Hyena said, "we were not informed about that, so we assumed that we could plan the trip as we thought would be best.  But if you have to make a side-trip, I'm sure we can arrange something if needed.  If you could give me some details, mostly time and location, I'll check with Lena how that would affect the schedule."

One thing she had learned as a smuggler was to be flexible.  Clients sometimes showed up with three times the luggage they said they would have and you had to be able to accomodate it.  This small side-trip was actually a fairly minor detail, since she didn't think the schedule to get on the boat would be that tight.
« Last Edit: <05-10-17/1218:18> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #122 on: <05-10-17/1307:50> »
Marco smiled "Well, we need to be at this location yesterday. My mentor should pass there and there are some questions that can only be answered in person. If we miss him than the opportunity is gone. "

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #123 on: <05-10-17/1342:25> »
"Yesterday is going to be quite difficult," Na'Nele said, "the car is fast, but not that fast.  But I've noticed that you have some spirits around you.  Can't one of them delay the plane.  A mage friend once used a spirit to have a truck break down.  I'm sure they can do the same with a plane.  That gives us more time to get there."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #124 on: <05-10-17/1536:48> »
Lena pulled and saw NaNele's ikon in her AR overlay and looked for the nearest parking space before hopping out and heading over.
Hey, name's Lena. Here to get you where you need to go. We ready to move out? Only have 20 or so hours now so anything you need to sort, sort soon.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #125 on: <05-10-17/1627:39> »
Marco sighed "I need a ride and some creative thinking, my sister is kidnapped and is being tortured as we speak. A person who may know something about it, at least the only one I can imagine that is connected enough to know something about it is at a private airfield not far from here.

I trust that person, I would not say that we are friends but we are not enemies. The information I need from him cannot come willingly I will have to take it - or at least leave that man with a convincing story that I forcibly took it. I am a mage, a powerful one - more than a mage really a mystic adept. I can connect with him telepathically -ask him questions in a manner that no technology can record.

Perhaps with such a communication method - he will be kind to me. He will listen, feel my pain and let me know what I need to. If he won't well... Plan B is to have Yelena, the best sniper in the buissness take a shot of gel round.  I can then invade his mind and try to take what I want... but I am uncertain that I can pull it off.  once because he is a considerably better mage than myself, with decades of expirience and time used to polish his capabilities.  Second because I am uncertain if I can bring myself to intrude into the mind of a man that was nothing but fair to me. I mean, I want to save my sister - we are twins, if she dies part of me dies, but... "

he stops
"I am talking too much, I need a favor - I can reimburse you but essentially it is a favor. I need to get to that airfield and I need to talk to a man that I have a very complex relationship with. This reunion may devolve into violence and the man is a gifted and very dangerous mage. I really cannot speak more of the issue and keep my emotions in check, please forgive me. I need a personal minute. I cannot possibly try to convince you to help me I was so preoccupied with my idle thoughts and emotions that I did not even make a proper plan. There is really no reason to help me."

He took a few steps out of the car, collapsed on the snow with his knees and began praying, praying for some strength, some direction or some hope. For some light - and something to expect. For his sister, for himself and for impossible forgiveness.

« Last Edit: <05-10-17/1633:30> by gilga »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #126 on: <05-11-17/0043:54> »
Yelena watches as Blackbird leaves the car to go kneel in the snow and pray to a god that does not exist.  She slips out of the car as well, but to smoke.  She is still there when another vehicle pulls up and another woman arrives, presumable the other coyote that is to see them on the next leg.  She holds out a hand to the new arrival. "Am Yelena.  Man in snow is Blackbird, Arc and Jedediah in car waiting for praying to stop.  We need go small private airport to meet priest man and plane.  Can do this and still make boat?  If not, we need another way out of country."  She offers the new woman a thin cigar from a silver case.  If it is like the one she currently has between her lips, it is an acrid smelling thing.

Yelena watches Blackbird for a couple of minutes then goes to crouch down in front of him.  "Hey, Blackbird.  Why rely on god who rarely answers when have friends who will give answers and will help.  Friends better than God.  If in hurry then stand up and get in car.  We need go stop priest from leaving.  Send spirit or send message and then get in car.  Talk to your god on own time."  She finishes her cigar and field strips the butt before putting the remains in a pocket and stands up.  She looks down at the man in the snow and offers a hand to help him stand.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #127 on: <05-11-17/0210:02> »
Marco gets up and cleans his legs "I admire your support, I really do. I do not pray the Lord, I tried that path and failed horribly.  At the end of the day, I am very far from the selfless crusader that I once aspired to be. A failure in a Catholic perspective.   Still, I go for great distances to the few that I love. My rivals seem to think that they can manipulate me with grief. Please be safe, Yelena if the plan seems off to you then we do not do it. My emotions are too strong to see clearly and they will get more intense if I meet Gabriel."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #128 on: <05-11-17/0229:27> »
Yelena nods. "Yelena tell Blackbird if plan sounds wrong.  Now come car so can leave.  How stop Gabriel from leaving?"

Once at the car, she nods to the coyotes.  "OK.  Team ready go small airfield.  Drive slow when get close." She smiles at both of them. "Welcome to family.  Get us there safe."

She slides into the car, letting the coyotes work out the routes.  Yelena looks over at Arc.  "Srui need send drones out again.  Go correct airfield this time.  Map not clear on much around it so need eyes there."

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #129 on: <05-11-17/0529:20> »
"I'll help you," Na'Nele said when she heard why they had to go to the airport.
"I've been doing similar things for years," she added, "liberating children from Cherubiums, helping women who were abducted or oppressed.  And with 20 hours we should have enough time."

She turned to Lena.
"Hey, I'm Na'nele.  Nice to meet you.  As you probably heard, we're a bit stressed for time.  Will you follow with your own car or will you leave it here and pick it up later?"

As soon as everybody was in the car(s), they moved off towards the private airfield.
"Do you have more information," she asked to Marco, "like type of plane, departure time, things like that."

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #130 on: <05-11-17/0928:14> »
Prayer has survived for thousands of years and been used by almost every religion. Not because the majority of people get an answer from their god. But because the very act of praying, of humbling themselves, gives them a moment of peace, a moment where they lay their burden down before another whom they perceive as greater than themselves. Right now Marco is lost. He doesn't know who he is, what he worships, what he even believes. He's done things he'd sworn he'd never do, acted against every religious teaching, and now he was adrift. He'd given himself to Agrat, and sundered himself from her. He'd given himself to the Christian god, and sundered himself from him. And in that moment of confession and humility to the group, where he had admitted just how lost and afraid he was, he'd instinctively gone to pray. And the act of prayer had shown him something about himself, about the man he was becoming.

As cold as it was a man kneeling in the snow attracted a little attention from the passersby. And, none stopped to offer any aid.
« Last Edit: <05-11-17/1331:39> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Qwikfix

« Reply #131 on: <05-11-17/0957:16> »
Arc sat in the car as half the group stepped outside, fighting her own nausea as she focused out the window.  The blue sky above shone in contrast to the foreign and intriguing AR-infused skyline of the city they were in.  Looking to Jed, she offered a small smile before her eyes widened, her body instinctively moving to dart out the door on the other side.  Deciding to retch in the back and out of view of the public, she runded the corner just in time for Yelena to give her insteuction...and for their other coyote to arrive.

Smiling tiredly, the short tusked girl nodded to Yelena and then to the halfer that had introduced herself as Lena.  "Arc.
 I'll provide eyesh ahead and shend the fed over"
  pulling up her right jacket sleeve, the chrome of her cyber arm shone in the light as she opened a compartment, her two fly-spy drones taking flight, following her commands before zooming off in a fan pattern.
"Jusht give me the locale.  I should be good from here out,
Aye?"
  clapping the elf on the back and giving Blackbird a supportive look, the mechanic slipped inside, her read hair fanning behind her as she rejoined the warmth.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #132 on: <05-11-17/1645:21> »
Fuck's sake, she thought to herself. Never gets any easier.
She ran the maths of the routes out. They had about 19 hours until the ship sailed and realistically needed an hour to make the port and some faffing about time, so realistically had a 17 hour operating window.
Yeah, we're good for time; we've got 17 hours to comfortably make the sailing. If you can do your stuff in that window we're still good. As for the job in hand, I don't mind helping out but I packed light and I'm not wading into a war for a favour. What does the reimbursement come to?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #133 on: <05-11-17/1945:05> »
Feeling revived by prayer, Marco surveyed the new arrivals with his new sense. He noted that the two were awakened and any other thing that came to mind. He did not expect much mainly did that for practicing, yet, he was keen to detail despite sketchy knowledge of the art. People has desires, and perhaps these can be used to establish some trust and commitment. He can pay them, but was it wise to just throw money at them for a side job? That would set the dynamics wrong. "I ask for a favor so I should offer one in return."

[spoiler]
2 hits on Na'Nele and 5 on Nela
Assensing: 2#8d6t5 2 5
[/spoiler] 

Marco said "You are a good person Na'nele. I do not have much information, but here is what my contact has sent me. I can text for more." He shared all the information with her and texted Sam for what other relevant information he had such as plane typ e. To Yelena he just smiled, few words could describe what he felt without leading the situation to an emotional deadlock. "The man with magical words is speechless - how ironic." He thought to himself.

When Lena mentions reimbursements he said "Perhaps I can craft you a magical focus? Something discreet and innocent looking? Is there anything you want in that department?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #134 on: <05-12-17/0019:17> »
Yelena sits in the limo, waiting for it to start up so they can get to the site, and scanning the drone feeds that Arc is sending her.  She focuses on one spot and speaks in a soft voice. "Srui, Yelena mark spot as point 1 and point 2.  Can send eyes to look close at both?  Point 1 is good place Yelena hide.  Point 2 is good place someone hide to watch point 1." She continues to watch the feeds closely, looking for any telltale that someone is expecting trouble at the airfield, or even just being very careful.

She does look up when Blackbird talks about mojo with the two coyotes.  She narrows her eyes a bit and looks at both of them. "Coyotes are mojo slingers?  Much ability for simple extraction.  Coyotes expect trouble along way?"