NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #585 on: <03-25-18/2206:22> »
Just downloaded the nightly. I must have something selected that's causing the Muscle augs to not show up.
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #586 on: <03-25-18/2304:01> »
Brand new character, any other commonalities to it?

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #587 on: <03-26-18/0951:46> »
[duncecap]It was Celerity. I forgot the downside of having it - no muscle 'ware.[/duncecap]
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #588 on: <03-30-18/0322:50> »
New milestone build for Chummer is out. Long-ass changelog visible here.

Milestone build available from http://stable.chummer.net, per usual.

Thanks go out to our other devs delnar ersike, olstefan, joha4270 and everyone else who's submitted pull requests or issues.

If you're looking to get hold of the developers in a hurry, have suggestions, questions or anything else, you may find it helpful to join our Discord, but for issues it's best to submit issues via Github.

Bunch of fixes, not much new stuff for this release.

On a background note, I've started work on refactoring a bunch of the current logic to support us pulling up stumps and migrating the UI to Xamarin or WPF or something else that provides a more modern experience, and potentially allows us to more easily support non-Windows environments, but at a minimum it'll create cleaner code and possibly introduce some new bugs, but that just makes us agile!

One of our other devs, /u/OLStefan, is beginning work on a refactor of how Life Modules work, which will hopefully actually bring them into viability at some point.

I've had some queries lately about what people can do to support the project. Extra coders are of course always welcome, but one of the major things that's been left languishing is documentation for our content systems. While the old wiki (http://www.chummergen.com/chummer/wiki/) is still serviceable, I'd quite like to pull it all into the wiki on GitHub (https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/wiki) and update it to the current standards. Doesn't require a massive amount of skill, but an understanding of the data structure would of course be beneficial. If nothing else it's a matter of copying the old content and updating the formatting to match.

If you happen to be or know a UX guy, I'd really like to get some input on ways that we can improve the interface. At this point I don't even see the code - it's just blonde, redhead - so my perspective on presentation is a bit skewed.

We could also do with someone to sanity-check the data, particularly with little-used stuff like Critters, but a general sweep of everything to identify what's missing or non-functional would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Easter, all.

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #589 on: <03-31-18/1716:33> »
I'm trying to create an Awakened character in Chummer 5, but it never lists MAG under attributes. I've heard selecting "Re-Apply Improvements" can fix this, but I've tried that and no joy.

Is it maybe the fact that I'm trying to create an Aspected Magician with a D priority in Magic causing this issue?
« Last Edit: <03-31-18/1721:59> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #590 on: <04-03-18/0009:31> »
...here are screen shots of the Initiation and Adept powers tab.  Power points should be 6.00 with 0.00 unspent as the character learned a metamagic at grade 1

Forsaken daughter is watching you

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #591 on: <04-03-18/0024:56> »
Can't reproduce it. Mentor's Mask is the most likely culprit.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #592 on: <04-03-18/0048:46> »
Can't reproduce it. Mentor's Mask is the most likely culprit.
...thanks, removed that and the power point total is now correct.  Mentor's Mask is something that really doesn't come into play for her much anyway as she is based off the Adult Wednesday Addams character.  Yeah, a charming. creepy, and devious gal.

Is that some kind of a bug which is hard to squash?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #593 on: <04-03-18/0053:39> »
Not a bug, adepts with Mentor's Mask get a free power point, mages get reduced drain. MysAd is both, so they get both.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #594 on: <04-03-18/0202:08> »
...didn't know that.  need to check to see if that is missions legal (though I had the Missions FAQ 1.4 checked in the optional rules).

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #595 on: <04-05-18/2330:33> »
....any chance we could get the different drug grades (Pharmaceutical and Designer) in the drugs section with the appropriate prices?  I have to keep hacking the Gear.xml file to add them in every new version and with the recent changes now have to assign them a new ID as well or it just loads the base item when purchasing).

[mistakenly posted in the other Chummer4 thread]

Also when I had a troll character purchase an Osmium Mace it had an accuracy of only 1 even though the character has a natural 8 STR (which should make it ACC 5).
« Last Edit: <04-05-18/2344:00> by kyoto kid »

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #596 on: <04-07-18/1232:13> »
I'm trying to create an Awakened character in Chummer 5, but it never lists MAG under attributes. I've heard selecting "Re-Apply Improvements" can fix this, but I've tried that and no joy.

Is it maybe the fact that I'm trying to create an Aspected Magician with a D priority in Magic causing this issue?
Hi all, still having this issue and wondering if anyone has any input. I've taken some screenshots to show what I'm experiencing.

Start: I pick priority.
Step 1: It gives me the default priority spread.
Step 2: I select the priority spread I want, select my metatype, aspected magician, and conjuring as the aspect.
End: It takes me to the attributes screen, with no Magic attribute to be found, even though it's registering in the qualities section that my character is aspected. I also notice it seems to be automatically adding 10 karma to my starting nuyen, which is weird...

Anyone know what's going on? Am I doing something wrong?
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #597 on: <04-08-18/1603:38> »
It seems that making adepts allows the Magic rating to show up fine, but it's giving me trouble with any sort of aspected or full magician. Help? Really driving me nuts...

EDIT: I just tried creating a magician without changing my priority selection. Like, creating a new character, and then changing nothing (which happens to assign it Magic B). This allows Magic to show up in Attributes fine. So it seems like something is going with priority selection?
« Last Edit: <04-08-18/1840:42> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #598 on: <04-08-18/1917:41> »
Should be working properly in current nightly builds.

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #599 on: <04-09-18/1515:19> »
Yup, downloaded the latest nightly and it seems to be working now.

Thank you!
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts