NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #480 on: <08-21-16/0715:47> »
Hrmmm. So there's no message like this with a View Error Details at the bottom? https://bd23.https.cdn.softlayer.net/80BD23/142.4.51.106/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/program_has_stopped_working_error.png

Does it happen with all characters? Like you enable the house rule, make an adept in karmagen, go to the tab, click the button and crash immediately?

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #481 on: <08-21-16/1723:43> »
Hrmmm. So there's no message like this with a View Error Details at the bottom? https://bd23.https.cdn.softlayer.net/80BD23/142.4.51.106/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/program_has_stopped_working_error.png

Does it happen with all characters? Like you enable the house rule, make an adept in karmagen, go to the tab, click the button and crash immediately?

No, and yes. Even moved the character over to career mode to try it that way. Still crashed.
This is all I get.

It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #482 on: <08-24-16/0141:56> »
....using ver .182.  Created a new character for a test run.  Before saving it to career mode, I made sure that the "Create Backup of Character before moving to career mode" box was checked.  Afterwards when I opened  the backup file to make a few modifications, I found it had saved in Career instead of Build mode format (filename: Chummer\182\saves\backup\Violet (Create Mode).chum5).
« Last Edit: <08-24-16/0147:45> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #483 on: <08-24-16/0234:33> »
EiraHaexa, if it's not happening for all characters, can you upload the character file?
kyoto kid, just remove the <created>True</created> flag from the character file in notepad, should be around line 57. I'll look into what could have caused the file to not be saved properly.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #484 on: <08-24-16/0304:02> »
EiraHaexa, if it's not happening for all characters, can you upload the character file?
kyoto kid, just remove the <created>True</created> flag from the character file in notepad, should be around line 57. I'll look into what could have caused the file to not be saved properly.

File name is Wolf Queen.chum5.

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #485 on: <08-25-16/0057:07> »
...thanks, that did it.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #486 on: <08-30-16/0835:53> »
Just noticed that the Norse tradition has drain set at WIL+LOG, but Street Magic has it listed as WIL+CHA.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #487 on: <08-30-16/1050:45> »
Victim of laziness unfortunately, looks like whoever did the data entry just updated the entry from 4th edition's data and reassigned to to Shadow Spells. I'll fix it up in the next nightly.

Orkus

• Newb
« Reply #488 on: <12-03-16/1702:17> »
So I am using the latest update to Chummer 5 (Version 5.188.3) and I am finding errors in the skill points when using the Life Modules from Run Faster. For a quick example taking Formative Years: Corp Drone should give me Electronics Skill Group +2 (Which shows up). I then take Teen Years: High School, which gives Software +2, but the list of skills still has Software at only a 2 and not 4. Also if you take any of the Rigger options you get +x to Pilot Anthroform but there is no such skill in the list and it does not default to Pilot Walker (which I assume it is supposed to be?). I understand that Life Modules are still being worked on(?) and that this has already been reported but after searching for awhile today could not find any information on this issue. Any help?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #489 on: <12-03-16/2126:17> »
That would be because the life module wasn't set up to provide those skills. Fixed in the latest nightly commit.

Orkus

• Newb
« Reply #490 on: <12-04-16/2357:30> »
Thank you!

Twitch193

• Newb
« Reply #491 on: <12-24-16/0107:57> »
So when you buy a sensor collar for a critter, in chummer and in Howling Shadows it says it comes with a rating 2 camera and omnidirectional microphone, but the collar has 0 capacity in chummer so you can't complete character without taking off the camera and mic.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #492 on: <12-30-16/1633:49> »
Is there a reason why when I hit "reapply improvements" all of my character's MAG based skills poofed into the aether? I got no karma back for it either.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #493 on: <12-30-16/1941:51> »
Shouldn't be doing it in the current builds, there was a while where a couple of the magic qualities didn't have all the improvements they needed to.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #494 on: <01-01-17/2012:25> »
In my attempt to make a Vampire character I noticed my character isn't able to put  points into the Assensing skill due to all Magic skills being blocked off.  Even though I am neither an Adept or Magician, I should still be able to take Assensing due to being Dual-Natured and thus always able to see auras.

Also, though I haven't checked if it's available in Career Mode, I don't see a way to spend Karma on more critter powers.  I can add them for free though.
« Last Edit: <01-01-17/2030:40> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.