NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #90 on: <01-12-15/1338:27> »
Ran into an issue with Chummer-5.

It won't let me pick Spirit Way & Quickening on the same character.

Any ideas why?

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #91 on: <01-12-15/1613:36> »
Ran into an issue with Chummer-5.

It won't let me pick Spirit Way & Quickening on the same character.

Any ideas why?
Spirit Way?  Maybe 'The Spiritual Way'?

If maybe you could give a few more details on this character, please?  Awakened type, initiation, qualities, and the sort.

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #92 on: <01-12-15/1950:15> »
I just tried to make a mystic adept with the Spiritual Way and a level of Initiation with Quickening.  It worked out fine.  We will need to see what you attempted and in what order.  Also details from the error message will be helpful.
Signature file not found

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #93 on: <01-20-15/0212:38> »
Minor thing, I happened to check how my override file worked and noticed I screwed up the Low-Light vision quality just a little.  In essence it will allow a changeling to take it twice provided that you chose the Feline version first.  I've uploaded a fixed version here.  Just save it to the data folder and overwrite the existing file.

ratfink1978

• Newb
« Reply #94 on: <01-24-15/2355:34> »
I've noticed the Nartaki dont show up on my copy of the new Metas, did i miss something or did i find a glitch?

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #95 on: <01-25-15/0043:03> »
I found it to be a coding issue with the Priorities.XML file against the custom_RunFaster_Metavariant_metatypes.xml file, where the Nartaki are listed as (Human) in the Priorities file, but are (Human, 4 Arms) and (Human, 6 Arms) in the custom metatypes file.  Chummer5 is seeing this as three different metatypes, allowing one that doesn't exist and disallowing two that do because they're not listed with a Priority value.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #96 on: <01-25-15/1411:39> »
Any word on when a version that supports run faster is happenin?

Or am i dumb and it's already out?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #97 on: <01-25-15/1420:05> »
they have fan made mods that work fairly well. You just have to look further back in this thread and then move the files to the data folder. Its worked well for me so far. I used them to make the gnome decker i put on the creation forums a few days ago!
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #98 on: <01-26-15/0442:08> »
I found it to be a coding issue with the Priorities.XML file against the custom_RunFaster_Metavariant_metatypes.xml file, where the Nartaki are listed as (Human) in the Priorities file, but are (Human, 4 Arms) and (Human, 6 Arms) in the custom metatypes file.  Chummer5 is seeing this as three different metatypes, allowing one that doesn't exist and disallowing two that do because they're not listed with a Priority value.

I did the 4 Arm/6 Arm segregation.  I thought I had it coded in the priorities file as well.  I haven't focused on it much lately because I am prepping a major campaign in my game.  I'll try to look into it this week.
Signature file not found

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #99 on: <01-26-15/0921:32> »
I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but does anyone know how to get Chummer to deduct Essence for cyberguns implanted into meat arms?  I get an error message whenever I try to add it.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #100 on: <01-26-15/1402:35> »
Tested and found the Cyber Hold-Out to be the only one with an issue, and tracked it down to what is probably the littlest of details.

Essentially, each cyber weapon calls a real weapon to add to your Weapons tab, and the name must be precise.  The "Holdout Pistol" calls for a "Cyber Hold-out" but the weapons.xml file has a "Cyber Hold-Out" in its listing.

If you're not confident in your computer skills to make the simple change, then just download this file to replace your cyberware.xml file in Chummer5's data folder.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #101 on: <01-26-15/1411:07> »
Tested and found the Cyber Hold-Out to be the only one with an issue, and tracked it down to what is probably the littlest of details.

Essentially, each cyber weapon calls a real weapon to add to your Weapons tab, and the name must be precise.  The "Holdout Pistol" calls for a "Cyber Hold-out" but the weapons.xml file has a "Cyber Hold-Out" in its listing.

If you're not confident in your computer skills to make the simple change, then just download this file to replace your cyberware.xml file in Chummer5's data folder.

+1 Favor for SpellBinder, many thanks :)

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #102 on: <01-30-15/1650:55> »
Is the karmagen file working correctly?  When I try to create a new character using 800 karma, no options on the metavarient dropdown menu appear and the chargen process comes to a halt.

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #103 on: <01-30-15/1712:56> »
I believe that the karmagen system is more integral to the program than just editing an XML file or three, especially since Chummer5 had to be rebuilt to work with the priority system.

Personally I'd love to have the karmagen system up and running as I personally hate the priority system.  It'll also make converting SR4 to SR5 characters easier.

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #104 on: <02-04-15/0255:13> »
So, I've tried this out, and the new data files work great!  Thanks.

One bug I've found is that if you select the B) priority: magic (3) for sum to 10, and then get adept, you can't pick your free rank 4 skill.  But you can pick the regular B) priority (only difference being it doesn't have a "3" next to it) and that works just fine, so I'm not sure it's actually a problem worth fixing.