Shadowrun Play > Play-by-Post

Want to form a game? (Dead Thread)

<< < (2/13) > >>

Devil:
Hey Switch,
How's it goin'? It's fine if you've never done PBP(play by post) before. I've done alot of roleplay in this format, but have never done any in it that required dice rolling or a GM, so this will be a new experience for both of us.

Roleplaying on a forum is more like writing fiction from one character's perspective than roleplaying around a table with friends. In my opinion, they can be equally fun in different ways. You will usually find things will be more story and roleplay heavy with PBP. Details can be more easily described, character interaction is more important, ect. I think things just generally have more potential.

If you want information on how to PBP RP I can certainly get that for you. You could also read the shadowruns currently going on here and on http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showforum=9 , which is Dumpshock's Shadowrun PBP forum.

In regards to the mechanics of playing Shadowrun online, I do not yet know much. I'm trying to figure some things out; like since you can't just say you do something without the proper rolls... do you just write that you are attempting it?

So yeah, I have a few things to figure out, myself, but it should be real easy.

Maelstrom:
I'd like to play.  I have a hacker ready to go.   It'll be my first time in PBP.

Devil:
Sweet. One or two more players and a GM now's all we need. It's good to know we have a hacker, since they are pretty much always needed.

Any active GMs out there?

inca1980:
I guess I could GM this one too if no one else offers.  Why don't you guys start posting your characters.  If no one offers even after 2 characters have been posted, then I'll pick it up.....but this run would be for no more than 3 characters.

Devil:
Alright. Thankyou. I appreciate it. I'll try to get my character flushed out. Maelstrom, Switch, please start working on your characters if they aren't already done. If they are done then you may want to work on backstory and things of that sort. I'll be working on my character too. :)

Also, Switch, if you could tell me what kind of character you are playing, or what his/her specialties are, that would be great. That way I can try to avoid specializing in the same skills.

Name:
Alias:
Race:
Sex:
Nationality:
Lifestyle:
Karma Spent:
Physical Description:
Personality/background:

Attributes

Body:
Agility: