NEWS

Gen Con 2013 Wednesday Night Meet & Greet

• 16 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <07-08-13/0318:56> »
Ok, Rob "Mystic" Thomas is looking at arranging a Meet & Greet for us, probably at Scotty's Brewhouse.  This was mentioned in the main Gen Con thread, but I'd posting here to help condense this info.

Rob is trying to get an idea of how many people are interested, so he knows what he needs to reserve.  It would likely be at 7 or 8 PM on Wednesday night at the start of GC.

If you're interested, please post below (even if you posted in the other thread).  If you're bringing friends, list them as well.  This way Rob can get an estimate.

I'm crossposting this to Dumpshock as well, please do not post in both threads so you don't get counted twice.

Bull

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #1 on: <07-08-13/0321:10> »
So sad :(  Being in Australia means I will never go to one of these awesome events.  Lucky Americans!
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #2 on: <07-08-13/0932:32> »
Thanks for starting this thread, Bull. I take back every nasty thing I ever said about you.  ;)

Quick update. I've contacted Scottie's and waiting to hear back from them to make some reservations. It seems they were a tad bit busy this weekend (go figure). But the more numbers I have, the more I can "convince" them that letting us have some space would be a good idea.

Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #3 on: <07-08-13/1045:19> »
Coming with a total of 5 people.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #4 on: <07-08-13/1140:39> »
I'll be there if arriving between 8:00 and 9:00 isn't too late.
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #5 on: <07-08-13/1403:02> »
Well, we're looking more for a 630-700 start, so shouldn't be a problem!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Linkdeath

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #6 on: <07-09-13/1736:10> »
Well, as I posted in the GenCon thread as well, you can count me in. I promise not to bury you all in sarcasm the first minute I walk through the door... probably.
Dance to the tension of a world on edge.

TroubleMaker

• Newb
  • 青蛙操的流氓
« Reply #7 on: <07-11-13/2307:57> »
I'm in with a group of 6.

Krieger

• Newb
  • Can it be done safelly? Da
« Reply #8 on: <07-18-13/0307:14> »
Is it ok if I just stop by to say "hi" and get flamed at for my missions?

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #9 on: <07-18-13/1411:49> »
Quick GenCon Meet and Greet Update:

Well, I wouldn't say it's "Official" as if now, but Scotties knows there's going to be a Shadowrun invasion Wednesday, August 18th at about 7PM. Now, because they're usually VERY busy that night because they are a GenCon sponsor, they can't do any reservations or private parties. So at this point, they can't guarantee we can all hang together. Kind of sux, but them's the breaks. But, there will be a lot of CGL people present for everyone to come and we may have to do some shuffling around. But hopefully the management can do something maybe to help us out a bit. And that's the SR Meet and Greet update!

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #10 on: <07-18-13/1536:18> »
We can park Bull's scooter at the door and use it as a barricade and only let people with the super sekrit password pass.

Twistedsavant

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <08-07-13/0601:55> »
Count me in with two. How to see you all there!

White_Ghost

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <08-07-13/1605:17> »
Guess I'll be catching the lot of you on the 14th at Scotty's around 7pm then. Should be able to drum up some good conversations, I think.

cowtipping_extremist

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <08-09-13/1758:50> »
I would love to swing by! :)

Call me 50/50 odds.

As an aside, I had to do something like this one year (hosting a meet-up where a spot was not guaranteed) and I highly recommend someone create a temp (?) Twitter account that all attendees should add so that on their phone they get instant updates. This comes in REAL handy when/if the planner has to relocate to another bar due to lack of space.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #14 on: <08-10-13/0501:56> »
T-Minus Four days...

And it's five in the morning here, I am NOT going to do hours and minutes. Too damn tired and not enough coffee...