Shadowrun General > Gear

Wands

(1/10) > >>

Marcus:
So this maybe a little weird, but I really feel like SR just lacks utterly in the wand department, I know you can make foci look anything, and so yes you can make the look like wands. But no body does this, they make rings, amulets, staves, tattoos, cuff-links, gauntlets. anything but wands. I really really feel like there is a need to make some wand specific foci, like the ones from 4th made form specific magic woods, maybe a simple as just adding a level or two a specific school of spells (Combat, healing). But really wands guys. It's just something I feel like the whole magic subculture would gain from. No more mages pulling guns, Mages pull wands, and they do so for a reason.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
Depends on what you want out of the wand. D20 rules?  Harry Potter rules?

Within existing SR rules you could say your Alchemical Preparation is a wand.

Marcus:

--- Quote from: Stainless Steel Devil Rat on ---Depends on what you want out of the wand. D20 rules?  Harry Potter rules?

Within existing SR rules you could say your Alchemical Preparation is a wand.

--- End quote ---

I don't wand D&D type wands with charges or something. I want a reason for mages to pack them over guns, like harry potter or something, I'm looking for Foci type bonus but on that would unique to wands.

Reaver:
I think its the whole "I'm waving a twig! Fear me!!" angle....

That, and the fact I think people are thinking about getting disarmed of their foci. If you have a twig, err, sorry wand, then someone can take it from you (by guile or force), you can drop it, and it stands out for what it is.. cause you know, no one carries twigs for combat (unless they go for the eyes!The eyes Boo! The EYES!!). With tattoos, cuff-links, even gloves its a little harder to lose them. Or so they think...

Marcus:
I can't denie that there is a style angle to my desire for wands, and I agree Reaver that what your saying make sense. But players are simply creatures, offer them a plus one to something they can't get anywhere else, and they will get on board in a hurry, or heck just make it cheaper to a focus a wand and your well on track.

It might also be a good way to address the lingering issue of weapon focus mono-whips, which remain an utter abomination that need to dealt with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version