NEWS

Way of the Samurai - Oh yeah!

• 145 Replies

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <09-19-12/0112:10> »
Yes, it's safe to assume that Qualities will weigh in pretty heavily.  Other than that, I'm stayin' quiet!  There's more stuff in this one than was in WotA, and I'm psyched for it to wrap up so folks can see it and have a good time.

That...is cool! I am looking forward to it...

I hope we are also going to get a Way of the Rigger down the line, too!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <09-19-12/0136:04> »
Rigger's Black Book 4 would not be a good idea.

Let's stick to those Runner's Black Books, they seem to be doing well.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <09-19-12/0203:39> »

We have Way of the Adept, will be getting Way of the Samurai,
I am hoping for: Way of the Mystic(for Mystic Adepts, as Way of the Adept was more about normal Adepts),
Way of the Magician(for full Magicians), Way of the Technomancer, Way of the Hacker, Way of the Rigger,
maybe they could do a Way of the Shaman, as well. But, every major Archetype should get a "Way of the"
e-book...

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #18 on: <09-19-12/0209:17> »

I am hoping for: Way of the Mystic(for Mystic Adepts, as Way of the Adept was more about normal Adepts),
Way of the Magician(for full Magicians), Way of the Technomancer, Way of the Hacker, Way of the Rigger,
maybe they could do a Way of the Shaman, as well. But, every major Archetype should get a "Way of the"
e-book...

A Way of the Shaman which focused on Spirit orientated mages would be good.  That said, Street Magic was pretty good at covering this already.  But there is always room for more!
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

redwolf

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <09-19-12/0755:29> »

e-book...
Mara haven't you herd about that which frighten canray?no riger4 for him or we will have sr5
« Last Edit: <09-20-12/0016:22> by redwolf »
yes i'm red and it's not blood, and no i'm no comy i'm just red, so are you going for that pis' or going away!!!

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <09-19-12/0930:42> »

e-book...
Mara havent you herd abuot that wich frighten canray?no riger4 for him orwe will have sr5

Yes..but it would not be Rigger 4...Rigger 4 is Arsenal and unwired. I would love some new, bleeding edge
vehicle mods, rigger specific qualities...we are getting plenty of vehicles in all the recent e-books...

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <09-19-12/1009:45> »
There's several drones, and a few cars, that I want to get into the game, but, vehicles and drones really, really need art, and art is expensive.

There's a ton of stuff that I want to do, but finding room to drop it in's the hard part. I blame CanRay, just because I can. :)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #22 on: <09-19-12/1202:12> »
I blame CanRay, just because I can. :)
Like I'm in charge of the budget.   ::)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #23 on: <09-19-12/2041:30> »
But you're so much fun to blame things on.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <09-20-12/0100:14> »
It's true, you are!

Besides, isn't Canadian money worth more than US money right now? And you sell us oil?

We're totally allowed to blame you now. It makes you one of the cool kids. :)

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <09-20-12/1553:33> »
Did you guys take a thwack at the Martial Arts stuff too? I hope this goes out soon, I'm making a street sam (well, "water" sam) in a month or so.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <09-21-12/0656:43> »
I hope this goes out soon,

Pretty much this, in a nutshell...  ;)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <09-21-12/1058:11> »
So, out of curiosity, what would you want to see in Way of the Samurai? Not speculating on what's inside, but what you, personally, would have wanted? I see questions about martial arts, for instance, and more Qualities. What else?

shrike

• Chummer
  • The rep is dead. Long live the rep.
« Reply #28 on: <09-21-12/1136:10> »
I think examples of how a street samurai from Hong Kong differs from one from Hamburg or Moscow (in both outlook and attitude). Examples of how the runner communities in different sprawls view the Street Samurai of their own (and different) sprawls. Which is incidentally, fluff.
« Last Edit: <09-21-12/1140:27> by shrike »
Imar heron. Imar raen. Imar semeraerth. Imar milessaratish. Miriat tela li? Thiesat tekio tore li?

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <09-21-12/1343:43> »
So, out of curiosity, what would you want to see in Way of the Samurai? Not speculating on what's inside, but what you, personally, would have wanted? I see questions about martial arts, for instance, and more Qualities. What else?

As long as it's 50/50 mechanics/setting-info or 40/60 mechanics/setting-info to ensure it's a good value for the money, I'd pretty much be okay with just about anything.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen