Shadowrun General > The Secret History

HMHVV question

<< < (2/3) > >>

Reaver:
Yea, this is where things go wonky real fast... Unless you have the original, Earthdawn 1st edition books from 1993, it going to be VERY hard to link the two.

This is because of the intellectual properties are now owned by 2 different publishers, and there would be legal restrictions on just what terms the two systems could/can/will use for what could be the very same thing. (ain't Law great? :P) (for example, HMHVV may be a Topps only term, thus forcing ED to use something else... like "Vamp's Disease") 

And, as I said before, I don't know much from the ED side of things, let alone what is canon, or what is considered "shared property" between the two (if any).

DeathStrobe:
There are no infected in Earthdawn.

Also, the writer that specializes in the infected is Patrick Goodman.

My personal fan theory is that HMHVV is an attempt to protect against the Horrors gone horribly wrong. But there is literally no evidence of this because, like I said, there are no infected in Earthdawn. Earthdawn also takes place post the Scourge as magic is waning. However, we only see a very small part of the world in Earthdawn. So who knows what's going on in the other parts of Earth, which is where infected might have come from.

Reaver:
How could I forget Mr. Goodman...

Longshot23:
Hoping Mr Goodman will chime in . . .
Hint, hint . . .

Tethra:
There were ghouls in Earthdawn. Their description said they were tainted by horrors.

Dark Terrors mentions "LILITU", but itīs "RISTUL".

Aetherology mentions the "Daemon-Sultan", but itīs "RISTUL".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version