NEWS

[6E] Excel Character Generator

• 169 Replies

Arky

• Newb
« Reply #30 on: <09-07-19/0009:57> »
On the weapons page, in ammo, there's no specification on ammo for shotguns at all.

So it's kind of unclear on what ammo to use for them.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <09-07-19/0317:28> »
Hmmm... not on the table in the CRB so unless there’s an errata I guess it’s the same as rifles??
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Arky

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <09-07-19/1538:29> »
I'm slowly learning how to link fields in excel just by looking around, it's neat. I'm not able to do the legit shit you are doing yet though.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <09-08-19/0218:47> »
So, just finished a Run I GMed with chars generated using Excel. Only thing that would make life a lot easier, is some sort of mapping form the Gear Sheets, Spell Sheets, and Power Sheets to the Front Sheet that is printer friendly. Friend tried to print char sheet, noticed a lot of stuff was missing on the main sheet, so tried to print entire Excel workbook...which lead to hundreds of pages trying to print due to the formulas.

Not a bug, per se, more of a user feedback on what would be valuable for next iteration.

Again, as always, thank you so much for your work of passion and helping the community.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <09-08-19/0342:13> »
That level of mapping is beyond my excel skills unfortunately, without listing everything on the sheet I’ve no idea how you’d just isolate it to stuff you’ve selected/bought... for now it’s copy and paste to the sheet unless anyone can point me in the direction of how to map it??

Failing that I can look over the tab formatting so that it’s a bit more printer friendly perhaps...

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <09-08-19/0950:14> »
That level of mapping is beyond my excel skills unfortunately, without listing everything on the sheet I’ve no idea how you’d just isolate it to stuff you’ve selected/bought... for now it’s copy and paste to the sheet unless anyone can point me in the direction of how to map it??

Failing that I can look over the tab formatting so that it’s a bit more printer friendly perhaps...

This pretty much is the how to:
https://zapier.com/blog/excel-macros/

I will try to do an example if I can scrounge the time. Still shaking out a hang over, so we'll see where day takes me.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <09-09-19/0331:15> »
I had a glance at the macros thing... hmmm, it looks good in principle but I'll start by formatting the sheet in a more printer friendly option first I think  ::)

EDIT: link updated with a slightly more printer friendly version, it clocks in at 41 A4 sheets if you print every tab... but you should be able to Ctrl click the tabs you want to print and use 'active sheets' to just print those.  It's a start anyway  ;D  You can also right click and 'hide' tabs your character is never going to need... I suggest that rather than deleting them as that can frag up the formulae sometimes and you don't want to have to fix those if you can help it!
« Last Edit: <09-09-19/0353:33> by Aria »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <09-10-19/0750:40> »
Link updated once again...

New 'PACK'
CFs described plus the odd gear tweak
House rules sections added with Adept adjustment points affecting power points and essence loss reducing power points (I'm pretty sure these work but shout if they don't)!!

Moonrunner

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <09-10-19/1042:59> »
Is there an instruction guide anywhere on how to use this? I looked at it and was a bit confused.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <09-10-19/1314:39> »
The priorities tab has some brief notes on it, I can add some more detail there if needs be?

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <09-10-19/1909:19> »
Is there an instruction guide anywhere on how to use this? I looked at it and was a bit confused.

Scroll up, I give a brief explanation.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <09-11-19/0755:40> »
I've added an 'intro' tab (link updated) where I've tried to capture the way to use the sheet... have a look and see if that helps or if you think it could do with some more tweaks?

Thanks

Gorstavich

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <09-12-19/1511:48> »
Just noticed in the Cyber & Bio tab that strength for limb options was spelled "Strenght".    :)
"ZenCrafters.  Total enlightenment... in about an hour!"

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <09-13-19/0606:23> »
I’ll sort that out, the perils of ‘touch typing’ and not spell checking  ::)

Arky

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <09-15-19/1403:32> »
We're all guilty of it from time to time, you're doing awesome, I've made a few characters with this now and for the most part everything is working out pretty well.

You've managed to stream line a lot so far, making it difficult to run into issues anymore. I'm going to try making some out of the box characters to see if issues arise this coming week.