NEWS

Pure Corebook Priority - Neo Tokyo Mundane Face

• 6 Replies

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« on: <03-05-19/0055:07> »
Based on a character I had made a while back to test someone w/o tech/magic & adapted after reading in another thread about Elf v/s Human in Neo Tokyo.

The only issue I'm having is debating Attributes or Skills for A & B.

The original character was Human & had more combat stats.

Street Name: Deja Vu

A-Attributes (24)
B-Skills (36/5)
C-Elf (3)
D-Cash ($50K)
E-Mundane

Attributes:
Body-3
Agility-6
Reaction-5
Strength-3  (15K)
Willpower-3
Logic-3
Intuition-5
Charisma-8
Edge-4

Skills:
5-Group-Influence
6-Con
6-Disguise
6-Intimidation
6-Perception
6-Sneaking
6-Unarmed

Qualities:
+Blandness
+1st Impression
+HumanLooking
-Allergy-Mild/Rare (Strawberries)
-Incompetent-Engineering
-Sinner-National
-Weak Immune System

Contacts: (24+10K=34 Points)   (Filler names below, specifics pending)   Looking for other suggestions for contacts.
"Criminal Organization" (5/2)
"Fence" (1/6)
"Miss Jackson" (6/1)
"Johnny Law" (4/3)
"St. Doc"  (2/4)

Gear Basics:
Ford Americar
Fake SIN-3
Fake License-3
Shock Gloves
Low Lifestyle-2 months
Auctioneer Business Clothes  (+Electrochromic, Nonconductivity-4)
Lined Coat  (+Elctrochromic, Chemical Protection-4)
Hermes Ikon
Meta Link
AR Gloves
Micro-transceiver
Bug Scanner-6
Tag Eraser
White Noise Generator-6
Contacts-3  (FlareComp + VisionEnhancement-2)
Earbuds-6  (AudioEnhancement-3)
Microcamera  (Magnification)
Autopicker-6

Please let me know what you think.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-05-19/0816:46> »
Throw some specializations around. 

Allergies, Phobias, Prejudices, and such need to be things that occasionally show up in games in a meaningful way.  Incompetent Engineering on a Face is also highly suspect.  One or the other may slide, both will get you an eyeroll. 

Mortimer's of London.  Novacoke.  Trodes.  Low Light Flashlight. 

No Magic, No Augments, No Drugs, your dice pools will be overshadowed by others at the table.  Just so as you're aware. 

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-09-19/0243:51> »
Throw some specializations around. 

Allergies, Phobias, Prejudices, and such need to be things that occasionally show up in games in a meaningful way.  Incompetent Engineering on a Face is also highly suspect.  One or the other may slide, both will get you an eyeroll. 

Mortimer's of London.  Novacoke.  Trodes.  Low Light Flashlight. 

No Magic, No Augments, No Drugs, your dice pools will be overshadowed by others at the table.  Just so as you're aware.

I had specializations on the Skills-A version, but changed over to B for this post & didn't get very detailed.

I choose a food allergy because 1, I'm allergic to them, and I was thinking that is something that can show up where as things like "Silver" or "Daylight" always seemed either super rare or overly punishing or just lame.   Its selected at Rare level so I didn't want it to be too common like Milk or Soy.

Yeah, Engineering is bad, its also a holdover from when the character had more skills so I was limited on on what I could pick since the rules say you can't be incompetent in a group that you have skills in.   I had First Aid & Computer before but I could shift this over to 1 of those areas instead or for that matter something like FireArms which are illegal/rare anyway but is still a very useful skill to have as long as you don't get caught.

Can't wear Mortimers, well, I can, but as the Title says, I did this purely using the Corebook w/o any expansions.   Trodes & Flashlight on the other hand I forgot, good call.

Yeah, Dicepools will be 11-14 for now but nothing in the 18+ range.  I'm thinking that is still solid for most missions.   And with 7 Edge he can always use some of that.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #3 on: <03-09-19/0946:24> »
Well I'm fairly shocked in the sense you spent a lot resources, did it efficiently and intelligently,  but you ended up some surprisingly low pools even so.

My recommendation would be swap skills and cash, and re-spend.  Your skill selection is optimally done but the result just aren't going to give you the level through put your effort deserves.   

Further while Human looking and Blandness are perfectly legal, they are kind of odd with an appearance 8 elf. I'd suggest removing them and replacing them with ether Aptitude or exceptional Attribute.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-09-19/1004:15> »
.. kind of odd with an appearance 8 elf...

Insert standard "Charisma is not the same thing as appearance" argument here.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-09-19/1139:51> »
Exactly what I was going for SSDR.

Human Looking =   My Elf Ears are short & round & I'm not 6' 5"

Blandness =  I have brown eyes, brown hair, average build,  etc etc.
Not that he's not attractive & or charming.   Just that he's not your Platinum haired, Body Builder, with a Mullet, & long Pointy ears, & Face Paint, or whatever else would be identifying.
He's not black or pale albino, he's a very light tan, he's short for an elf so average human height, maybe an inch or 2 above human average but not the full +.2 meters (6-7") that an elf would be.
He's the kind of guy that a cop gets a description from people like.......... Male, Brown Hair, Brown Eyes, Average Build, no Tatoos/Scars........ great that is 1/3 of the country, good luck IDing him.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #6 on: <03-10-19/1847:57> »
...still putting finishing touches on my Mundane Face for NT.  I'll post her on a new thread in a bit.
Forsaken daughter is watching you