NEWS

The current Metaplots

• 386 Replies

Marlowe

• Newb
« Reply #195 on: <07-21-13/1238:09> »
What is going on in space ?

Some people may be screaming, but we can't hear them so there's no way to know for sure.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Eremitic Fool

• Newb
« Reply #196 on: <08-07-13/1658:28> »

Some people may be screaming, but we can't hear them so there's no way to know for sure.

Maybe it will take out the rest of Zurich-Orbital. They could use some new blood. You know, someone under 80.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #197 on: <08-08-13/1737:01> »
"Class, welcome to World History, but mostly about America." This is how it works out in the U.S., anyway...
We get one semester that is mostly a survey up until the discovery of america, then 4 weeks on everything
up until the American Revolution, then the rest of the class is devoted to everything since then, with anything
that had american involvement getting significantly more coverage then anything that didn't have American
involvement. Actually, other then a couple minor protests like the Boxer Rebellion(hah! It didn't even get a full page!),
and something called the "Boehr War" and stuff involving some guy named "Napoleon", and a small portion of WW1,
nothing happened after 1776 of any note that the U.S. did not have a significant involvement in. With regards to
WW1, for example, the portion of the war before the U.S arrived got 1 Class day, while after U.S. arrived got the
rest of the week(2 Class Days)...(Oh....did I mention this was my college World History? My Highschool World History
was even more focused on how importantthe U.S. was...only 1/4 was devoted to pre-1776 history)
Oh, and the War of 1812 never happened.  Nor the Bay Of Pigs.  :P

aehm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGYFRzf2Xww

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #198 on: <08-13-13/0042:45> »

Nothing. Nothing is going on in space. Everything is fine. Go about your business. Everything is fine.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #199 on: <08-13-13/0123:49> »

Nothing. Nothing is going on in space. Everything is fine. Go about your business. Everything is fine.
Ah.... Its true then  8)
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Tzeentch

• Newb
« Reply #200 on: <08-18-13/0349:27> »
Something is moving in the darkness, seeping down to our world from cold stars to prepare the world for the return of their masters: untiring intellects that know only death and madness.

Beyond that? Some Corporate Court shenanigans. You know, the usual Shadowrun mix.

martinchaen

« Reply #201 on: <09-09-13/1346:04> »
Seconded! Definitely not enough info on what's going on with Mars, or even what happened to the President of Evo post-disapperance act...

Any new info come out recently?

Also, at Longshot23; as a Norwegian, I find that joke to be hilarious :)

Neojudas

• Newb
  • 30 Years and Counting
« Reply #202 on: <09-14-13/0118:39> »
I kind of find the whole,thread interesting myself...

Guess I want to toss in some OPINIONS here on some of these.

+=+=+=+=+=+
Matrix, the Sybil Virus, Fastjacks Fate, etc...

First of all, whomever came up with the name of this virii should be Gibbs Slapped for good measure.  Next, I tend to agree with the theory that the virii is doing its thing to changing various people (Lanier, FJ, Brackhaven, etc).  I would like to point out to everyone that the original OS environment of what we call "the Matrix" was formulated after a super-collision of hackers (Echo Mirage) and the Virus of Crash 1.0.  And while the circus of C1.0 was beaten, we are all left with the consideration of various fluff remarks and possible game mechanics.  The biggest one is...

The Deep Resonance:Realm- the Great Archive

Everything that was ever on the Matrix is rumored to be found there,  source code to Morgan, Magera, Mirage, Deus, etc...  And quite possible the C1.0 virus.  And if SIM feeds are also accounted for, then guess what folks, it opens the meta mental doors that so are all those metahuman minds that are in HOT Sim/VR.  If ever there was a mechanic/fluff to be rebalanced, it is certainly a good candidate,

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

3 Loremasters in 3 Decades

This has to be perhaps one of the most unsettling social developments to the surviving Great Dragons.  Dunkelzahn led them into the age.  Lofwyr sustained them but really did NOTHING to further dragon kind, only his own agenda.  And now Celedyr, a dragon whom when push comes to shove, we don't know anything substantial about.  After "Clutch" it could be surmised that the status of both Arleesh and Lung has been elevated in the society.  Good thing for both, because its fairly obvious Lung is a sexist and Arleesh would probably just as soon never have to be near the single-focused ass again.  Masaru and Rhonabwy were somewhat on the "lower end" of the Alamais and Hestaby handouts.  This latter is interesting because those GDs are the ones with ties to the metahuman community at large more (Wyrm Talk for Masaru). Rhonabwy is the Welsh Dragon and an active part of Great Britain behind the scenes poli-snobbery.

And now that we are aware that the status of becoming a Great Dragon is a transformative process, it's likely on par with the Great Rituals introduced in Conspiracy Theories.  I'd also kinda comment that similar comparisons could be drawn between Drakes and True Drakes.  Almost has me asking ... " can a True Drake become a Dragon then?  And if so, wouldn't that be a power drop?" 

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Ares and the Bugs.  I personally feel that Damien Knight is screwed and he's going to take Ares down with him.  The Bugs are going to "win" this one, but when I say win I mean that with a substantial level of loss as well.  No one likes the Bugs, and should their hives become a more poignant threat again, even a perceived one ... Such as by another Mega/AAA, then anything up to and including an Omega Order could readily be handed down.  And with Soaring Owl now on GWs radar, I'd say it will be coming to a head soon enough.

That's it for now, have other stuff to do.... Definitely will come back to here.  Conspiracy Theory is a hobby of mine ...
« Last Edit: <09-14-13/0205:29> by Neojudas »
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
NeoJudas (J. Keith Henry, "K" to some....)
Penumbra Games | Freelancer
"I have active characters that are older than you are..."

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #203 on: <09-14-13/1735:14> »
How about Pendragon? Could that have been Rhonabwy? It would go a long way to explain how he wasn't killed during his exploits.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Neojudas

• Newb
  • 30 Years and Counting
« Reply #204 on: <09-15-13/0027:52> »
How about Pendragon? Could that have been Rhonabwy? It would go a long way to explain how he wasn't killed during his exploits.
personally I really do not think so.  I think the Pendragon plot line, as well as the the New Druidic Movement stuff (probably have wrong name) were just story plots of previous writers whom were starting with the first layers of writing for the Shadowrun universe and attempting to first start attracting players using standard material starters to do so.  But this is mine own opinion really, and I openly declare such.

Bigger conspiracies to me are stuff that I now (admittedly) have a more directly vested interest in.  The Black Lodge being an appendant body of the Freemasons for instance (Conspiracy Theories), and knowing what I do of historical information regarding the Freemasons, the Templars, the Sylvestrines, etc....  That's a much bigger conspiracy with real,world inspiration and content to draw upon.  And since the writers chose to have Roselyn Chapel be the target of retribution by the dragons after that fallout attempt on Lofwyr and Alamais in GEMITO, I'd say the dragons just started a war with a 10-million plus level person organization.  Hence the reason in the games we have here, that War was headed off shortly after the declaration.

+=+=+=+=++=+=+=+=+

Aztlaners Kicking Ass and Taking Names.  With the death (?) of Sirrurg and the acquisition of the bio-alchemical weapon Blue-227 (?), and the inclusion of those two super-spirits, I'd also say that Aztlan is once more fully vested into North America and the Treaty City.  They managed to,win the PR war with Horizon.  Win the War against Amazonia.  Bring down Sirrurg.  And return to Denver all in a very short span of time.  The Big-A is well on its way back, if not already back and showing they are not afraid of starting extremely lethal,conflicts any longer.

From outr perspective, it goes something like this.....  If the Great Dragons are going to measure at least part of their hordes in metahuman currencies, shares, and economic structures, then they are gong to be forced to at least partially succumb to the laws of the Modern Metahuman world.  Hestaby tried to warn them.  Before her, Dunkelzahn tried to lead them.  With both of them now out of the dragon socio-political picture, it's going to be up to Celedyr to help them find a navigable, survivable future,for their species.  And they cannot go on massive rampages, because the metahumans will fight back and they now possess the where-with all to do it.  And the Allies.  It's a game of Scorched Earth Retaliation.  Only thing left would bethe Roaches ... And n Shadowrun, that's saying something special.

If however the Great Dragons denounce the forms of measurement of Metahumanity as part do their hordes, then they set themselves so completely apart as to render them all anathema .  This would mean open season on not just Greats, but the non-Greats, Drakes, and Dracomorpha of all kinds.

My opinion, because a game without metahumans isn't a Shadowrun game, the writers (and thus the world) will not pursue any of the Great Dragon meta-arcs for a while.  Perri and Hestaby are likely to be the largest possible exceptions IMO, and it just won't be the same.

Besides, dragon-based meta-arcs require characters that are normally ore experienced, and Shadowrun has now kicked off Version 5.  Going to take,some time to build back up for many, if not most groups.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
NeoJudas (J. Keith Henry, "K" to some....)
Penumbra Games | Freelancer
"I have active characters that are older than you are..."

SpyroD

• Newb
« Reply #205 on: <09-15-13/0351:59> »
Well the Atzlan/Atzechtechnology is in strange waters, for one Big A as megacorp had A LOT of successes, they paid a fair share but the return in image (one of the currency of megas), influences and pure nuyen was a lot bigger, the only real downside was the lost of much of the middle experienced personel and a LOT of mages, those are thing you take time to reconstruct even with the new influxes from the propaganda victories.
On the other side there is Atzlan, as a country is in ruin, overextended, heavily battered as military, great swaths of populaces well under the hungry line (yeah more than usual), with broken infrastructures, three or four big city destroyed and the Bogota' mess, don't counting the cold war GW could start in Denver in short order. The situation is so badly, in my view, that the Big A could have serious problems with the undernourished workers and lack of infrastructure. This could lead to a complete take off of Atzlan as country by the Big A but is a thing Big A don't really want.

For what the GD (and in particular Golden Snout) will do, he have a score to settle with Black Lodge and will settle it somewhat, he already resolved the he problem he must take head on(namely Sirrug and Alamais) and now he will wage an heavy and indirect war against Black Lodge, probably he don't take it away (even if he said so) or not in the short term but some hit that propaganda couldn't retrace back to him is a given.

The good thing about the Great Dragons' story arcs is they could take years to come to an end but the World is Fast even for Them...

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #206 on: <09-15-13/0629:21> »
More to this, there are signs of great famine incomming. Now that would be horror to survive, in Megaplexes completely dependant on imported goods.

BetaCAV

• Omae
  • 2-legged devil rat
« Reply #207 on: <09-16-13/0440:52> »
Well the Atzlan/Atzechtechnology is in strange waters, for one Big A as megacorp had A LOT of successes, they paid a fair share but the return in image (one of the currency of megas), influences and pure nuyen was a lot bigger, the only real downside was the lost of much of the middle experienced personel and a LOT of mages, those are thing you take time to reconstruct even with the new influxes from the propaganda victories.
On the other side there is Atzlan, as a country is in ruin, overextended, heavily battered as military, great swaths of populaces well under the hungry line (yeah more than usual), with broken infrastructures, three or four big city destroyed and the Bogota' mess, don't counting the cold war GW could start in Denver in short order. The situation is so badly, in my view, that the Big A could have serious problems with the undernourished workers and lack of infrastructure. This could lead to a complete take off of Atzlan as country by the Big A but is a thing Big A don't really want.

For what the GD (and in particular Golden Snout) will do, he have a score to settle with Black Lodge and will settle it somewhat, he already resolved the he problem he must take head on(namely Sirrug and Alamais) and now he will wage an heavy and indirect war against Black Lodge, probably he don't take it away (even if he said so) or not in the short term but some hit that propaganda couldn't retrace back to him is a given.

The good thing about the Great Dragons' story arcs is they could take years to come to an end but the World is Fast even for Them...

Hmm. Okay, I'm going to engage in some flagrant (and possibly clueless) speculation here;

Aztechnology could/might allow a dragon/feathered serpent to take over civil dominance in Aztlan, perhaps for some amount of non-voting shares of stock, ensuring that the dragon doesn't interfere with business (much). This would be almost as bad of an idea for them as for the dragon, which is probably enough lube to make it practicable. If they can keep food available, the metahuman populace may settle down long enough for another shoe to drop -- probably in Denver. Failing that, it seems a likely outbreak site for the next stage of ghoul problems, because Aztlan hasn't checked that box on their "to do" list of miseries yet (AFAIK, I'm still catching up on things).

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #208 on: <09-16-13/0628:55> »
Maybe what we see here is also rsnnnaissance of bpood magic. It is the fact, that blood magic can be useed to increase fertility of the land etc. To drop the food suply, increase consummers fear, cause famine, even if unwillingly, due to great overextension of the nations resources in war against the deragon, may become good starting point to use blood magic that way, scoring great publicity as a savior and hero of metahumanity.

martinchaen

« Reply #209 on: <09-16-13/0845:49> »
Wait, when did Sirrug get geeked? Source?