NEWS

The current Metaplots

• 386 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #105 on: <09-20-12/1335:28> »
How lucky could that coin be?  They were all girls.

*Headdesk*  Yes yes, The Special Hell, I know...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #106 on: <09-20-12/1512:22> »
One could be a boy. Or not even be human, according to CT.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #107 on: <09-20-12/1822:05> »
There's a ton of little things about the Quints that need 'airtime'.

Curiosity time ... has anyone used them in their game at all?

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #108 on: <09-20-12/2024:45> »
We did but our GM didn't do much more than a job Smiley was hired by Wu himself. The kids were briefly (like 5 seconds) in the background of the scene of the meet with what appeared to be some kind of keeper but that's it. My GM didn't feel like he had enough information to do something with it that wouldn't break canon in possible future releases (yeah he's like that  ::) ).
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #109 on: <09-21-12/0136:21> »
We did but our GM didn't do much more than a job Smiley was hired by Wu himself. The kids were briefly (like 5 seconds) in the background of the scene of the meet with what appeared to be some kind of keeper but that's it. My GM didn't feel like he had enough information to do something with it that wouldn't break canon in possible future releases (yeah he's like that  ::) ).
Of course they had a keeper, Smiley was around.  :P  Chaperones are needed during situations like that!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Smiley

• Omae
  • Full of bad Lulz
« Reply #110 on: <09-21-12/1108:13> »
Haha! Yeah, Smiley is too much of a bad influence! I just had a funny thought: "Today, Uncle Smiley's gonna teach you all how to kill your nanny and get away with it!" adding his usual big mischievous smile.
"Fun? Frag yeah! Always is when that involves a bucket full of drek!"
-Smiley

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #111 on: <09-21-12/1447:18> »
Haha! Yeah, Smiley is too much of a bad influence! I just had a funny thought: "Today, Uncle Smiley's gonna teach you all how to kill your nanny and get away with it!" adding his usual big mischievous smile.
Just what a AAA needs, major shareholders that are also Ninja Sisters.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #112 on: <09-24-12/1852:19> »
Mmmm.  What I think the Quints are is ... well, not necessarily a bad thing for Wuxing.  Think Stepford Cuckoos ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Cranstonvm

• Chummer
  • Dragons everywhere!!!
« Reply #113 on: <10-17-12/0047:54> »
Yep. They sent a task force of three behemoths (which are like flying fortresses, in that they were fortresses that freaking flew) to kill three great dragons, because they didn't like that the dragons were teaching people how to build shelters against the Horrors; the Therans had a monopoly on that magic among metahumans, and wanted to everyone to pay them in cash and slaves for the right to survive. The Therans had the most powerful metahuman mages in the world at a time that the manacycle was at its peak, an army that was 10% adepts, and banks of magitek fire cannons. They ambushed and killed two of their targets still in their lairs, but lost one behemoth in the process. The third target--we know him now as Ghostwalker--was gone when they got there, along with all his stuff.

Soon afterwards, three dozen prominent Theran citizens who had agitated for or profited from the strike on the dragons are found mysteriously dead. Ghostwalker was seen perched casually on a statue just outside the Theran capital, just to make sure they knew who did it. Dragons don't fight fair.

The third great dragon to be killed by the Therans was Vasdenjas, who took the hit on purpose to protect the airship Earthdawn during the battle of Skypoint. The alliance of local kingdoms and dragons still destroyed Skypoint, a naval base in the form of a city-sized platform intended for the aforementioned behemoths to land on, and drove the Therans out of the region.

You can kill a great dragon, but it isn't easy or cheap... and God help you if you miss the first shot, because you won't get a second one.

Is their information on these battles? Which Earthdawn books or websites? Plus information on the behemoths would be cool too.:)
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

International Dieselpunk day November 12th http://www.dieselpunks.org/ for more information!

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #114 on: <10-17-12/0336:15> »
Is their information on these battles? Which Earthdawn books or websites? Plus information on the behemoths would be cool too.:)

Well, rough info on them is in the history section in the Pathfinder Earthdawn books. I would assume that it would be in
the same section in the Savage Worlds and standard rules corebooks, as well...

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #115 on: <10-17-12/0747:26> »
The information on the 'issues' between the Therans and Dragons can be found in the Dragons book, I believe, and the deaths of Vasdenjas and his twin, Vestrivian (who was possessed by a horror) can be found in the campaign book Barsaive at War.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #116 on: <10-17-12/1904:20> »
I'm still going to assume Vasdenjas overslept. :)
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #117 on: <10-17-12/1931:08> »
No, he was pretty clearly killed, and the other dragons there did the death dance for him. His death is why Dunkelzhan was the Loremaster in the Sixth World.

My Characters

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #118 on: <10-18-12/0412:55> »
Well, Earthdawn and Shadowrun have not been entirely consistent on the Loremaster topic. Earthdawn books described Vasdenjas as "Loremaster of Barsaive." That is, the Loremaster of the Council of Dragons of Barsaive, while there were Council of Dragons of Vasgothia, Cathay...
Shadowrun Survival of the Fittest reads like there's only one World Council of Dragons and one Loremaster.

My pet scenario to explain the difference is that Dunkelzahn "unified the belts" between the Earthdawn era and the end of the Fouth Age. He first won Vasdenjas Rite of Succession to become Loremaster of Barsaive, and then moved to Vasgothia, Cathay and Americas to win other Loremasters' Rite of Succession (or kill Loremasters, which is another way to get the title according to SotF). This is consistent with the fact that Dunkelzahn (and Ghostwalker) moved away from Barsaive before the end of Fouth Age, establishing a lair in the Front Range.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #119 on: <10-18-12/0703:48> »
I do think Dunkelzahn unified the titles, but I believe that is due primarily to the fact that there was a LOT of down-time hunting. It may very well be that Dunkelzahn was the only Loremaster left. Which is one of the reasons the dragons get touchy about anyone cutting them up for enchantment components.

My Characters