NEWS

[6e] Jumping

• 16 Replies

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <09-16-21/1525:53> »
Which people would only know for sure is true if they came to this forum and read what you just typed.

Maybe, but in my mind being told to establish a threshold in accordance with the guidance on pg 36 couldn't be any clearer?  Sure, the direction had to be compressed to fit inside the space we had to work with... but still.  Barring getting to rewrite the layout, I don't see what could have been done differently/better.  And of course if literally rewriting the book were an option, it would have gone under Athletics skill, of course.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Typhus

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <09-16-21/1532:18> »
I totally get that space considerations are the more relevant factor here.  That is what it is.  The difference is in explicitly conveying intent vs not.  It's just nicer and easier for players when it's conveyed directly (even if that seems redundant).  It doesn't need to be overly detailed, just present.

Anyway, all this amounts to a quibble on my end.  The rule itself is fine.  Thanks for the discussion.