NEWS

Texicon 2011 Fort Worth, Texas May 20th - 22nd

• 26 Replies

nimrod_funk

• Newb
« on: <03-03-11/1802:07> »
If your interested I think Texicon needs some Shadowrun games. The Shadowrun Commandos (or what they're called now) won't be there it looks like and it would be cool to have some Shadowrun Games out there pimping out the game. I've got lots of 28mm scaled maps you can borrow (miniatures not provided) if anyone is interested in GMing some events.
http:\\www.texicon.net

At the very least come by and we can make a pub crawl out of it at some of the fun pubs in Fort Worth.
"Can't stop here it's bat country"

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #1 on: <03-03-11/2342:57> »
If you can get any GMs, feel free to contact me and I can hook you up with the CMP exclusive Convention Mission adventures.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #2 on: <03-04-11/0403:24> »
If you can get any GMs, feel free to contact me and I can hook you up with the CMP exclusive Convention Mission adventures.
I'm likely to be one, just FYI.  I just contacted the con admin types and we're hashing out a few details. 

nimrod_funk

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <03-04-11/1632:26> »
If I could get prize support and some PDF's I could run. I've not run any games in a while but ran for the Commando's on SR3 and left the organization around 2005 or so. I've only got the main SR4 book. If there's interest in providing price support and someone could lend me some PDF's or books I could see about maybe running some games. It's been a while but it would be something different. Otherwise I'll just be running miniatures games. My only issue is that I've not kept up with the new books. That's about as far as I can go.

Last campaign I ran was in Boston after the crash and the tac-nuke went off in the Financial District. Players were just suit types who lost everything including they're sins. So they started off as newbie thugs and went out on what ever direction they liked. It was kind of cool to have a game that took place in the radioactive ruins of central Boston.

Like I said I've not played in a long time.

Fortinbras

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <03-11-11/0927:43> »
I'd be happy to run something at the con. I have tons of copy, but if there is something Convention specific you'd like done I'm happy to do that as well.
O, proud Death, What feast is toward thine eternal cell, That thou so many princes at a shot So bloodily hast struck?
Fortinbras- Hamlet. Act V, Sceen II

nimrod_funk

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <03-11-11/1031:23> »
As far as running it's totally open. You can run a mission if you'd like or you can use a game you designed. It's totally up to you. The only prereq's are that you'll need pregened characters/character sheets. Other than that it's totally up to you. I send you a message with suggestions but they're ONLY suggestions. Really the above is the only prereq. I'd go to www.texicon.net and seee what sessions are open.

Who to contact:

The Roleplaying game Manager or "Magnate" Rollin Kearley roleplaying@texicon.net
If Rollin for some reason doesn't respond in a timely manner (Possibly personal emergencies) I'd contact the con chair directly (Greg Pitts) or message me:  epaminondas123@verizon.net or the Owner: karl@texicon.net 

Rollin should give a snappy response though.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #6 on: <03-11-11/1651:41> »
Rollin was plenty fast getting back in touch with me.  I'll be running a little Shadowrun on Friday and Saturday (that 2-6 slot), just an FYI.   ;D

nimrod_funk

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <03-11-11/1858:30> »
That's good. He ummmm never responded to some emails I sent so I just wanted to check.

Thanks for the update!

Fortinbras

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <03-19-11/1459:37> »
I'll be running Friday at 7pm-11, Saturday at 12am-6 and either Sunday at 2-6 or Friday at 9am-1.
O, proud Death, What feast is toward thine eternal cell, That thou so many princes at a shot So bloodily hast struck?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <03-19-11/1719:38> »
You would do well to get on Critias's game(s). He was my favorite player and second-favorite GM (third if I include myself).

Fortinbras

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <03-19-11/1806:59> »
I have both of Critias' sessions free and now simply have to decide if I'm going to register for the Friday or the Saturday game.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #11 on: <04-18-11/1455:14> »
There may -- may! -- be a second Shadowrun freelancer able to hang out, chatter away at one of my panels, and sit in on a game or two.  Details are being hammered out, schedules and travel plans are being checked, etc, etc...but it might make for a cool bonus, again.

They still aren't listed on the seminar page, but I've got it on good authority (well, from the convention organizer) that I am still slated for my "Freelancing:  How I got into it, how it works, blah blah blah" sort of seminars, from 1:00-2:00 (just prior to my game sessions) on Friday and Saturday.

Digit

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <05-01-11/1850:20> »
So is it still possible to get in to one of the Shadowrun games at Texicon? I'd like to play, but would even be willing to run if necessary. I've been trying to get a group started at the Metroplex Roleplaying Group meetup, but it has been dead for players.

-Tim

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <05-01-11/1923:53> »
I still need to register, but I will be visiting Critias during Texicon. So I will probably be there in some capacity.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #14 on: <05-01-11/2126:37> »
So is it still possible to get in to one of the Shadowrun games at Texicon? I'd like to play, but would even be willing to run if necessary. I've been trying to get a group started at the Metroplex Roleplaying Group meetup, but it has been dead for players.

-Tim
That's up to the Texicon organizer guys (I don't know what their policy is on full games, on ticket purchasing, etc).  I know Gencon has 'generic tickets' that can be used at an event to try and wheedle in to an empty seat and still get to play, but as this is my first experience with Texicon at all, I'm not sure if the same holds true.

Speaking for myself (running both the Ancient Pawns sessions), I'm fine with an extra player showing up at my game.  What I don't know is what the convention organizers feel about that sort of thing, what their standing policy on sold-out games is, etc, etc...and since I'm basically just a guest in their house, it's ultimately up to them, not me.