English N
TBD

-- Racial Powers/Weaknesses --
Thermographic Vision
Dual Natured
Essence Drain
Immunity - Age
Infection
Natural Weapon - Bite (DV [STR + 1]P, AP -1, Reach -1)
Natural Weapon - Claws (DV [STR +2]P, AP -1, Reach -)
+1 Initiative Die
+1 to all Movement Rates
Immunity - Fire
Regeneration

Allergy - Sunlight, Moderate
Dietary Requirement - Metahuman Flesh
Essence Loss
Vulnerability - Iron
-1 Max Logic, -1 Max Charisma

-- Magic --
Chaos Magic - Resist Drain with Willpower (7) + Intuition (7)

Blast
Clout
Fireball
Lightning Bolt
Increase Reflexes
Chaotic World
Improved Invisibility
Mass Sight Removal
Sound Barrier
Physical Mask
Control Thoughts
Physical Barrier

-- Gear --
Force 6 Power Focus - 140,400 nuyen
Armor Jacket w/ Nonconductivity 6, Chemical Protection 4 - 3,500 nuyen
Custom Ballistic Mask w/ Micro-transceiver, Trodes, Gas Mask, Flare Compensation - 920 nuyen
Armante Suit - Nonconductivity 6, Electrochromic Clothing - 4,000 nuyen
2 Renraku Sensei Commlinks - 2,000 nuyen
AR Gloves - 250 nuyen
250 drams of Reagents - 5,000 nuyen
Survival Kit - 200 nuyen
Capactiy 1 Contacts w/ Image Link - 225 nuyen
2 Silver, 2 Standard Credsticks - 50 nuyen
Rating 4 Fake SIN w/ Rating 4 Fake License (Power Focus), Rating 4 Fake License (Registered Magician) - 11,600 nuyen
1 Month of Middle Lifestyle - 5,000 nuyen

Remaining Money -  955 + (4d6 x 100)

-- Contacts --
TBD
« Last Edit: <12-27-14/0125:19> by 8-bit »

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-23-14/1042:48> »
Do goblins get +1 will power or +2 intuition? It looks like you have 2 max stats. Unless that isn't a rule with karma gen

Damn I need run faster ~_~
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-23-14/1126:47> »
Yes, you still only get one max stat but no it is still legal.

Goblin
BOD 3/9
AGI  1/6
REA  1/7
STR  3/9
WIL  2/8
LOG 1/4
INT  1/8
CHA 1/5

8-bit

« Reply #3 on: <12-23-14/1305:11> »
I wanted the Intuition 8 or Willpower 8 so bad, but it was just so expensive. Sigh.

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #4 on: <12-24-14/2236:57> »
I would change fireball to ball lightning and manaball to stunbolt. Otherwise looks good.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

8-bit

« Reply #5 on: <12-25-14/0013:04> »
Personally, I always found Electricity to be more useful more often, Ball Lightning is too high of drain to use repeatedly.

As for Manaball vs. Stunbolt; I don't know. The point of Manaball is to have a Direct Physical Spell. I'm thinking I might replace Stunball with Stunbolt.

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #6 on: <12-25-14/1053:28> »
While I understand the desire for a direct physical spell, remember that the direct spells use force as their limit. That's why I only use the stun spells, nothing else does stun damage (don't have access yet to SG, so that might be wrong). That's also why I use lightning bolt and ball, electrical damage has the most powerful effects and indirect spells use force as the base damage, just like guns do. So those four spells are the best I can see for a mage that wants to toss combat spells.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

8-bit

« Reply #7 on: <12-25-14/1144:58> »
I was planning to use Reagents, to be honest, but you have a good point.

I think I'm dropping Stunball to Stunbolt, and changing Manaball to Ball Lightning.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #8 on: <12-26-14/2209:54> »
-27 Goblin
-36 Force 6 Power Focus

Restricted Gear 1 (-10 Karma)

Con 1 (+2 Fast Talk)
Perception 1 (+2 Visual)

Ball Lightning
Clout
Fireball
Lightning Bolt
Stunbolt
Increase Reflexes
Chaotic World
Improved Invisibility
Mass Sight Removal
Sound Barrier
Deflection
Physical Barrier

Force 6 Power Focus - 140,400 nuyen

Questions & Suggestions

1.  Can you create a Goblin using Priority, Sum-2-10, or Life Path ?  Or just via Karma?
2.  What does Restricted Gear-1 get you that allowed you that massive Power Focus?
3.  For the cost of 2 Specializations on L1 skills you could have a L3 & L2 skill IIRC.  Probably more useful to loose 1 die for 1 instance & gain 1-2 dice for all other situations.
4.  Ball Lightning & Fire Ball & Lightning Bolt ?   Your overdoing it here.  Drop Ball Lightning IMHO.  You don't need the same element or same areas.
  I'm a fan of Fire Ball + Lightning Bolt  as well as Ball Lightning + Acid Stream as combos.  But you don't need more than 2 elemental spells IMHO.
5.  Clout & Stun Bolt ?     I'd drop one of those for an AE-Stun attack, either Blast or Stun Ball.
6.  Sound Barrier & Deflection?    I'd consider Physical Mask, Control Thoughts, Suggestion, Alter Memory, Levitation...

8-bit

« Reply #9 on: <12-26-14/2344:41> »
Questions & Suggestions

1.  Can you create a Goblin using Priority, Sum-2-10, or Life Path ?  Or just via Karma?
2.  What does Restricted Gear-1 get you that allowed you that massive Power Focus?
3.  For the cost of 2 Specializations on L1 skills you could have a L3 & L2 skill IIRC.  Probably more useful to loose 1 die for 1 instance & gain 1-2 dice for all other situations.
4.  Ball Lightning & Fire Ball & Lightning Bolt ?   Your overdoing it here.  Drop Ball Lightning IMHO.  You don't need the same element or same areas.
  I'm a fan of Fire Ball + Lightning Bolt  as well as Ball Lightning + Acid Stream as combos.  But you don't need more than 2 elemental spells IMHO.
5.  Clout & Stun Bolt ?     I'd drop one of those for an AE-Stun attack, either Blast or Stun Ball.
6.  Sound Barrier & Deflection?    I'd consider Physical Mask, Control Thoughts, Suggestion, Alter Memory, Levitation...

1. Priority, Sum to 10, and Life Modules are all yes. It costs the same amount of Karma in Life Modules (50 + 27); while only 27 in Priority or Sum to 10.
2. It allows you to buy any item (at character creation) up to 24 Availability, but you have to pay an extra 30% of the nuyen cost (for a total of 130% of the normal cost).

Quote from: Run Faster; page 149
RESTRICTED GEAR
COST: 10 KARMA PER ITEM

Right place, right time, right friend, or the stars aligned. No matter the reason, the character has managed to acquire or get a line on one piece of really hard-to find gear she absolutely had to have. The character can take this quality up to three times; only one of those times can occur at character creation. Selecting it at character creation allows the character to buy a piece of gear with an Availability of up to 24 (circumventing the normal Availability limit at character creation). After character creation, taking this quality lets the character purchase one piece of gear with an Availability up to 18 during play with just a single commcall. They do, however, have to pay an extra thirty percent for the item.

3. You are absolutely right, I forgot about that. I would lose one die depending on the situation, but gain one generally (although, I might be able to use some of my remaining Karma for just a net gain).
4. Honestly, I had Lightning Bolt and Fireball only. Someone suggested Ball Lightning, so I put it in there. Not really keen on it though, so no problem with dropping it.
5. I had Stunball before, but I'm not sure how good it would be. Force 6 limits it to 6 DV max, which is kind of bad. Blast is something to think about, as it solves any super dodgy people, but if someone has a lot of soak dice, it's still not amazing. I'm not sure, but it is a good suggestion.
6. I always like Sound Barrier or Silence, it's just so useful. Deflection was sort of another combat spell. I really don't have that many dodge dice, to be honest. Still, the others are good, especially Physical Mask. Masking myself as an Infected sounds like a fantastic idea.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <12-27-14/1844:51> »
5. I had Stunball before, but I'm not sure how good it would be. Force 6 limits it to 6 DV max, which is kind of bad. Blast is something to think about, as it solves any super dodgy people, but if someone has a lot of soak dice, it's still not amazing. I'm not sure, but it is a good suggestion.
True the DV can be weak but its more likely to score hits against armored opponents & the DV is spread over several targets so it stacks up quickly.  3 Net Hits is basically a -1d de-buff to all targets.  Combine it with several casts & they drop fast.
My only problem with Stunball is the Drain not matching the indirect spells when the Single Targets are equal. 
That makes no sense to me.  But I deal w/ it since overall I like the spell a lot. 
I have fun summoning up a Spirit of Man & giving him Stunball as well.
Then with both of use casting 2+ times per round we can drop a whole gang quickly & w/o killing them.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <12-27-14/1846:55> »
1. Priority, Sum to 10, and Life Modules are all yes. It costs the same amount of Karma in Life Modules (50 + 27); while only 27 in Priority or Sum to 10.
2. It allows you to buy any item (at character creation) up to 24 Availability, but you have to pay an extra 30% of the nuyen cost (for a total of 130% of the normal cost).

Quote from: Run Faster; page 149
RESTRICTED GEAR
COST: 10 KARMA PER ITEM

Right place, right time, right friend, or the stars aligned. No matter the reason, the character has managed to acquire or get a line on one piece of really hard-to find gear she absolutely had to have. The character can take this quality up to three times; only one of those times can occur at character creation. Selecting it at character creation allows the character to buy a piece of gear with an Availability of up to 24 (circumventing the normal Availability limit at character creation). After character creation, taking this quality lets the character purchase one piece of gear with an Availability up to 18 during play with just a single commcall. They do, however, have to pay an extra thirty percent for the item.
Interesting.  I must say, its expensive but its a pretty interesting option to have a Power Focus-6 at Chargen.
Makes the idea of a "Rich" Mage a concept to consider in the future.

8-bit

« Reply #12 on: <12-27-14/2156:45> »
Interesting.  I must say, its expensive but its a pretty interesting option to have a Power Focus-6 at Chargen.
Makes the idea of a "Rich" Mage a concept to consider in the future.

It sure is, but totally worth it, in my opinion.

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <12-29-14/0152:12> »
That last sentence on that +30% would only apply to uses of the quality post chargen. It's not mentioned before "After character creation", so why would you pay more during chargen?

8-bit

« Reply #14 on: <12-29-14/0155:07> »
That last sentence on that +30% would only apply to uses of the quality post chargen. It's not mentioned before "After character creation", so why would you pay more during chargen?

I was under the impression that you paid 30% more no matter what (the price to pay for getting your rare item). You have me second guessing myself though, so I'm not sure. If I get more money, that would be awesome.