NEWS

Gunslinger Adept - 500 pt campaign

• 32 Replies

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <02-14-11/2244:01> »
The skill is calculated incorrectly.  The base skill is what is purchased at character creation.  Some abilities and implants can increase this, creating a modified skill rating which cannot exceed the base skill rating x 1.5.  So 9 is the maximum possible rating, or 10 with the aptitude quality (the latter example demonstrates that you round down).  So the base skill is 6.  The reflex recorder doesn't increase the base skill, but gives a modified skill rating of 7.  You can get two points of improved ability to get that to a modified skill rating of 9 - not four. 

This is from the section talking about skills - I could see making that mistake if you were just looking at the improved ability power.  On the other hand, you can either spend that power point on something like two points of combat sense, or take a base Magic of 5 instead of 6, freeing up 25 build points.

hemgath

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <02-15-11/0602:40> »
Oupss ! A missremember of "reflex recorder" txt, i was sure it pump skill and no "give bonus"  :'(

However, it remains 26 to fire, (but with a 500BP built table, it's certainly an obligation...)

Glyph: Like you said with 25 free point theyr's a lot things to do !

killfr3nzy

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <03-15-11/1105:12> »
If you want to save Essence, you can lose the Cyberears, down the 'Eyes to R3 and pop in two Ocular Drones aka iBall's and go to town. Default Modification limit of 4, plus another 4 because of Limited Maneuverability means you have some space for work. The important part is the Sensors, and there's that Improved Sensor Package or something Mod if you want to browse the books and try and fit in UWB Radar or something.

Mini-drone Capacity is 3, Imp-Sense takes that to 5. Buy a Camera. That's 1 Capacity. Trid Camera at R6 costs you 600 yen, and can be modified with up to Capacity 6 Vision/Hearing enhancement Mods. I think Ultrasound/Motion Sensor thing is a Hearing Mod. See where I'm going with this? Buy the Offensive iBall for +5oo yen each, and the come with a built-in Flashpack and Smoke Grenade. Whatever direction you look: enemies suffer negative modifiers. You run into a building, gas-mask on, knockout gas streaming from your eyes.
 Hell, your eyes are Robots. See if you can get them to run some non-essential software like Facial/Tread/Gun/etc Recognition, or try and turn them into CommLinks.

Also, not everything has to be built-in. Carry a hand-held Sensor package for Radar if it won't fit in the drones, don't waste your Power Points. And if you're making a two-fister who can continue to do so in melee, you need to buy the Two-Weapon Style Martial-Arts Manuever. Either try to let Hardlines Gloves + Forearms Guards let you do it with Unarmed, or take Clubs instead and use one pistol while you drill the guy with the other. If you want to two-fist at range, the Hawkeye Quality and/or Improved Range Finder gun Mod will help you do long(er) ranges without switching dice pools.