NEWS

Gunslinger Adept - 500 pt campaign

• 32 Replies

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« Reply #15 on: <01-16-11/0309:27> »
Adept Powers for Gunslinger:
1. The all mighty Power: Heightened Concentration (see DG, p. 18 ) (cost: 1)
2. Quick Draw, if he uses other weapons instead Pistols. (see SM, p. 179) (cost: 0.5)
3. Nimble Fingers (see discription SM, p. 179) (cost: 0.25)
4. Improved Sense (Vision Magnification) (see SR4A, p. 196, p. 333 and p. 150) (cost: 0.25)

Qualities:
Martial Arts (Krav Maga > Take Aim becomes a Free Action!) [perfect for Power #4] (see AR, p. 157) (cost: 5 BP) btw: It is possible to get more then one Martial Arts Quality.
Adrenaline Surge (mostly because: who shoots first wins!) (see RC, p. 96) (cost: 15 BP)

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <01-16-11/1231:31> »
Thinking of going back to Firearms (Group) at 4 instead of Pistols at 6 (And making some other changes to make the points work) - this guy will be the ranged guy for the team (Other sam is CQB). Not sure how just pistols would work for that.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <01-16-11/1534:28> »
Keep in mind that the change would lower your dice pool by 4.  You could survive with a dice pool of 16, and skill groups are cost-effective in the long run.  But you need to ask yourself if you would actually need/use all four skills, or whether the pistols skill and a secondary, longer-ranged firearms skill would be all you need.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <01-16-11/2248:31> »
Updated with changes to skills/cyber - will give your suggestions some thought UV, thanks again everyone!

(Also working on a Mino Street Sam who's range support and meatshield - will post the WIP later!)
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <01-25-11/1224:38> »
Just going back over this character (Still trying to decide between him and the Ork/Mino cyber for our teams fire support) - how important do you all feel having Ambidextrous is for a gunslinger? I like the idea of firing 2 pistols or SMGs but splitting dice pools seems like a good way to miss a lot.

Kerebrus

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <01-25-11/1319:29> »
I think that two fisted shooting is going to be great if you wnat to engage multiple multiple targets (of course for even lower dice pools).  One handed pistols with a sexy dice pool allows you to ramp up the damage fairly easily (or at least ensure hitting).  Stylize with called shots (for damage, or to avoid armor) and I think you are in business.

as to the question of how much range?  I will agree with Glyph.  keep pistols as the primary, and stack another skill for big range (Rifle is respectable, could even turn the character into an homage to classic pre-sixth world westerns).

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <01-31-11/1024:40> »
Sooo...still looking at this idea (Actually not sure between Elf and Ork for the gunslinger) Weaponwise would you all go for a normal pistol (I'm think Colt Manhunters) or a burst capable heavy pistol(Like a Savalette) ?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #22 on: <01-31-11/1040:49> »
At that point, it's more about your character's style, I think. ;)

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <02-01-11/1455:34> »
Ork version of the gunslinger idea  - Elf Gunslinger adepts seem to be fairly common around the net so I thought I might try something else

Name: Remy
Handle: Cleric

Race(20 points): Ork

Attributes (220 points)
Body: 5
Agility: 5 (9)
Reaction: 5 (7)
Strength: 5
Charisma: 2
Intuition: 5
Logic: 4
Willpower: 4

Special Attributes (50 points)
Edge: 1
Magic: 6 (5)

Positive Qualities (35 points)
Adept (5 points)
Ambidextrous (5 points)
Martial Arts (20 points)
Restricted Gear (Muscle Toner 4) (5 points)

Negative Qualities (35 points)
Big Regret (5 points)
Lost Loved One (5 points) 
Wanted (10 points)
Vendetta (5 points)
Enemy (10 points)

Active Skills (150 points)
Athletics Skill Group 1
Stealth Skill Group 1
Unarmed Combat (Martial Arts) 4(+2)
Pistols (Semi-Automatics) 6(+2)
Automatics (Assault Rifles) 4(+2)
Dodge 4
Armorer (Firearms) 2(+2)
Perception 4
Pilot Groundcraft (Bike) 1(+2)
Etiquette (Street) 2(+2)

Knowledge Skills I have more points to spend)
English N
French 3
Italian 3

Criminal(Mafia) 3
Local Area Knowledge (New Orleans) 2
Firearms Design 4
Hangouts(Shadowrunners) 3
Chess 4
Wines 2

Martial Arts - Firefight: +2 Shoot In Melee, Krav Maga: Take Aim Becomes Free Action, Sangre Y Acero +1 Shoot In Melee

Adept Abilities
Combat Sense 2
Improved Combat Ability (Pistols) 2
Improved Reflexes 2
Nimble Fingers
Ultrasound OR Radar

Cyberware:
Cybereyes Rtg. 4 (Alpha)
 Image Link
 Flare Comp
 Low-Light Vision
 Thermographic Vision
 Smartlink
 Vision Magnification
 Vision Enhancement 2

Cyberears Rtg. 2 (Alpha)
 Audio Enhancer 2
 Balance Augmentor
 Soundlink/Recorder
 Spatial Recognizer

Muscle Toner Rtg. 4

Interested in feedback on this - I know folks aren't necessarily keen on having Magic at 6, but I thought it might be balanced by adding another die to Pistols, Nimble Fingers and Ultrasound or Radar.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <02-08-11/1312:02> »
Final question guys (I swear)

5 magic vs. 6 magic - is the +1 DP to pistols, Nimble fingers and .25 of something worth what else I could do with the 25 points? Just trying to get a feel for folks opinions on maxxing out that stat initially and how important something like nimble fingers is from jump.

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <02-09-11/1011:19> »
Nimble Fingers allows you to reload as a free action

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <02-09-11/1102:13> »
I'm no friends of Hardmaxing.
I would spent the 25 Points on other Attributes or Skills and get the 6th MAG with Karma

Hokahey
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <02-09-11/2325:00> »
Normally, I am not a big fan of hard maxing, either.  But, this is a 500 build point campaign, and you seem to have most of what you want for this guy, so it might be worth it.  It all comes down to opportunity costs - what else that 25 BP could buy.  If you have the other stuff you need covered, then 25 BP is worth it, in that you are improving in your area of primary focus.  My advice would be different if you were trying to do more thing with this guy, or if it was a 400 BP campaign.

By the way - check with your GM about the ultrasound/radar thing, to be sure he will allow it.  I am a fairly lenient GM, and I wouldn't allow that.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <02-10-11/1115:58> »
Normally, I am not a big fan of hard maxing, either.  But, this is a 500 build point campaign, and you seem to have most of what you want for this guy, so it might be worth it.  It all comes down to opportunity costs - what else that 25 BP could buy.  If you have the other stuff you need covered, then 25 BP is worth it, in that you are improving in your area of primary focus.  My advice would be different if you were trying to do more thing with this guy, or if it was a 400 BP campaign.

By the way - check with your GM about the ultrasound/radar thing, to be sure he will allow it.  I am a fairly lenient GM, and I wouldn't allow that.

Well if I go Magic 5 - I'll pick up Celerity/Nasty Vibe(Metavariant),another MA ability and bump Intimidation up. Combat Sense and Improved Ability will be at 1 each so I can have Nimble Fingers and either Sonar or another .25 ability (Maybe Commanding Voice or Linguistics)

With Magic 6 - He stays where he is now, except Combat Sense and Improved Ability stay at 1 so I can pick up Heightened Concentration

hemgath

• Newb
« Reply #29 on: <02-14-11/2015:59> »
A min/max way:

Name: Remy
Handle: Cleric

Race(30 points): Elf

Attributes (230 points)
Body: 5(6)
Agility: 8(13)
Reaction: 5 (9)
Strength: 2(3)
Charisma: 3
Intuition: 5
Logic: 2(3)
Willpower: 5

Special Attributes (50 points)
Edge: 1
Magic: 6 (4)

Positive Qualities (35 points)
Adept (5 points)
Restricted Gear (Muscle Toner 4) (5 points)
Restricted Gear (supratyroidgland) (5 points)
Surge 3:
-metagenetic improvement (agility)
-Biocompatibility (bioware)

Negative Qualities (35 points)
Big Regret (5 points)
Lost Loved One (5 points) 
Wanted (10 points)
Vendetta (5 points)
Enemy (10 points)
Surge: Albinism (10 points)
Surge:  thirds eyes (5 points)

Active Skills (116 points)
Automatics :6(+2)   
Athletics (Group): 1      
Influence (Group): 1   
Stealth (Group): 1   
Blades :   4(+2)
Unarmed Combat : 1   
Perception : 4 (+2)
Etiquette: 2   
Dodge:   2   
Armorer: 1

Knowledge Skills
Spertiel N
English 6
French 3
Italian 3

Criminal(Mafia) 3
Local Area Knowledge (New Orleans) 2
Firearms Design 4
Hangouts(Shadowrunners) 3

Adept Abilities (4)
-Improved Combat Ability (automatic) 4 (6+1from refelex recorder /2 = 3,5 rounded up=4 max)
Geas: condition: always’s used a special silencer or weapon…
-Improved Reflexes 2

X ware: 1,986 lost of essence

Cyberware (0,48/2: 0,24):
-Cybereyes Rtg. 2 (Alpha) (0,24)
 Flare Comp
 Low-Light Vision
 Smartlink
 Vision Enhancement 3
-Reaction ehancer (R1) (alpha) (0,24)

Bioware: (1,94 >> bio compa:1,746)
-Genetic Optimization (Agility) (0,18)         
-Reflex Recorder- Skill (automatic) (Alpha) (0,072)   
-Suprathyroid Gland (0,63)
-Muscle Toner (R4) (0,72)   
-Cerebral Booster (R1) (Alpha) (0,144)

One 4/4
One 3/3

Gear: remains 52k of 250k…

AG 13 + Skills (6+1rr+4adp+spé2) + Smartlink: 28 (your team must buy a netach ;) )