NEWS

Gunslinger Adept - 500 pt campaign

• 32 Replies

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« on: <01-05-11/1214:02> »
So the GM has given us 500 points to build (Yes, I know we are screwed *grin*) and I thought I'd make a gunslinger adept - well first it was a general Gun Fu adept but I decided specializing might be better. Then after reading about some characters on Dumpshock I saw a gunslinger/face so I thought I'd give it a go. This is what I came up with, please let me know what you think.

Name: Remy
Handle: Cleric

Race(30 points): Elf

Attributes (230 points)
Body: 4
Agility: 6
Reaction: 5 (7)
Strength: 4
Charisma: 3
Intuition: 5
Logic: 3
Willpower: 4

Special Attributes (50 points)
Edge: 2
Magic: 5 (4)

Positive Qualities (30 points)
Adept (5 points)
Ambidextrous (5 points)
Martial Arts (15 points)
Restricted Gear (Muscle Toner 4) (5 points)

Negative Qualities (35 points)
Big Regret (5 points)
Lost Loved One (5 points)  
Wanted (10 points)
Vendetta (5 points)
Enemy (10 points)

Active Skills (154 points)
Athletics Skill Group 3
Unarmed Combat (Martial Arts) 4(+2)
Pistols (Semi-Automatics) 6(+2)
Automatics (Assault Rifles) 4(+2)
Dodge (Ranged Combat) 4(+2)
Infiltration 4
Perception (Visual) 4(+2)
Pilot Groundcraft (Bike) 1(+2)
First Aid 3
Etiquette (Street) 2(+2)

Knowledge Skills
English N
French 3
Italian 3

Criminal(Mafia) 3
Local Area Knowledge (New Orleans) 2
Firearms Design 4
Hangouts(Shadowrunners) 3
Chess 4
Wines 2

Martial Arts - Firefight: +2 Shoot In Melee, KravMaga: Take Aim Becomes Free Action

Adept Abilities
Combat Sense 2
Improved Combat Ability (Pistols) 1
Improved Reflexes 2

Cyberware:
Cybereyes Rtg. 4 (Alpha)
 Image Link
 Flare Comp
 Low-Light Vision
 Thermographic Vision
 Smartlink
 Vision Magnification
 Vision Enhancement 2

Cyberears Rtg. 2 (Alpha)
 Audio Enhancer 2
 Balance Augmentor
 Soundlink/Recorder
 Spatial Recognizer

Muscle Toner Rtg. 4

Gear:
2x Colt Manhunters (Smartlinked,Melee Hardened)
2x Morrisey Elan (Smartlinked)
Ares Alpha w/ Sling and Electronic Firing
Form Fitting Body Armor Level 3
Armor Vest
Suzuki Mirage
Comlink: Transys Avalon w/Iris Orb OS
(There's other gear, but I figured those above were what might need input)

Ok folks - thoughts,opinions,flames? ;)
« Last Edit: <01-16-11/2251:32> by Digital_Viking »
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <01-05-11/1228:26> »
Forgot to add Contacts:
Fixer (Loyalty 1 Connection 4)
Gunsmith (Loyalty 2 Connection 3)
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Wyldknight

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-05-11/1439:12> »
Why don't you just buy vision enhancements on a pair of goggles or something instead of using your magic to buy it? Heck, it's cheaper too.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <01-05-11/1447:23> »
Why don't you just buy vision enhancements on a pair of goggles or something instead of using your magic to buy it? Heck, it's cheaper too.

You are right - I could use that to buy +1 to a social sklill, not sure why I did it..maybe paranoid about being stripped of gear ;)

Wyldknight

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <01-05-11/1744:26> »
Then take a hit to essence and buy some implants if you're paranoid. I've never made a straight adept before, I always find I get more bang for my buck with a bit of cyber ware. In one point of essence I could fit muscle toner 2 alpha, attention co processor 3 used alpha, synthacardium 3, and a reflex recorder with a bit of room to spare.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-05-11/1812:25> »
Then take a hit to essence and buy some implants if you're paranoid. I've never made a straight adept before, I always find I get more bang for my buck with a bit of cyber ware. In one point of essence I could fit muscle toner 2 alpha, attention co processor 3 used alpha, synthacardium 3, and a reflex recorder with a bit of room to spare.
Or take the restricted gear quality and go straight for Muscle toner 4, thats pretty good bang for the buck for a gunslinger and you can even fit cyber eyes in to that one point of essence.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Wyldknight

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <01-05-11/1837:07> »
But is that extra 1 die worth giving up dice for dodge and perception plus another 5 bp for the restricted gear?

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-05-11/2358:28> »
Something to think about is where you plan the character to go as far as developing. The specializations are nice in that they give you 2 dice each for only a couple build points, but they are only 2 karma each if bought after an adventure or two on the other hand to raise a skill from 2 to 3 is 6 points. I see the majority of your skills are maxed by one 6 and rest 4 rule. Since you get more BP to start is the GM relaxing this rule at all? If so spending the points there could be really helpful.
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <01-06-11/0042:35> »
He's not really a gunslinger/face.  He won't embarrass himself in social situations, but a dice pool of 7 is not enough to do the things expected of a face.  Still, I would compress your language skills, into fewer with higher ratings, because your rating in a language skill acts as a cap for your social skills.

I would consider replacing your two adept vision mods with Commanding Voice and Attribute Boost (Agility): 1 (it will give you a bonus to Agility with a Drain that you can reliably soak).

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <01-06-11/1228:50> »
Thanks for the input folks!

Made some changes based on suggestions - and I'm trying to keep him pure adept, I know it's not the best value pointswise necessarily but it 'feels' right to me (if that makes sense).

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #10 on: <01-06-11/1435:10> »
As for the cyberware proposition, he took Sensitive System. :)
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <01-06-11/1558:30> »
As for the cyberware proposition, he took Sensitive System. :)
That would have obliviously been swapped for somethink else if he  would have went the optimal route of 1 or essence worth of ware ;)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <01-09-11/0104:14> »
It depends.  That negative quality only affects cyberware, not bioware, so a lot of adepts could take that quality (along with some muscle toner) and not be too badly affected.  I wouldn't want that quality for a gunslinger, though, because I would want some cybereyes with the works, and possibly an ultrasound or radar sensor, in addition to that muscle toner.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <01-16-11/0043:14> »
So I did a version with cyberware (Muscle Toner 4 and Cybereyes/Ears is nasty!). Originally I bought Magic up to 6 (5 after essence loss) but I thought Reaction and Willpower could be higher (4 and 3 respectively) so I did a version with Magic 5(4) - question is, what do you think I should drop? I had Commanding Voice and Att Boost (Agi), dropped those (Agi is 10/10 with toner) and then dropped 1 level of Improved Skill w/Pistols. But I thought maybe since Dodge is 4 I could get away with Combat Sense at 1 instead, thoughts?

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <01-16-11/0252:50> »
10 Agility + 6 skill + 2 specialization + 2 smartlink + 1 improved ability is 21 dice, which is a decent starting dice pool.  I think your first instinct was correct - keep the combat sense at 2, so you will be able to dodge return fire better.