NEWS

SR5 Spawl Wilds Carbon Copy Urgent help needed

• 11 Replies

Insaniac99

• Omae
« on: <10-05-13/2135:23> »
I am GMing a game tomorrow and I just finished reading the adventure --Carbon Copy from Sprawl Wilds-- and it says a force 6 spirit is using magical guard to protect the big bad.  I cannot find this ability in the core book.

I found guard, but that isn't the same skill. the direct stat-block quote of the spirit's abilities says:

Quote from: sprawl wilds pg36
Powers:Accident, Astral Form, Concealment, Confusion, Enhanced Senses (Low-Light, Thermographic Vision), Guard, Influence, Materialization, Sapience, Search, Magical Guard (additional)

So there is guard (which seems not so helpful as it keeps the baddie from overheating) and Magical Guard, a completely separate power that I can't find at all, can anyone help?
Check out my all purpose Shadowrun Die roller and Probability generator: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=13241.0

Silence

• Omae
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #1 on: <10-05-13/2136:39> »
Need to convert it from 4e.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie

Insaniac99

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <10-05-13/2151:13> »
Need to convert it from 4e.

I am referencing the 5e statblock, I don't have any of the 4e books,and the power is not listed in the free conversion guide.  I can not afford to to buy a 4e book that I will only use once to look up a power that I shouldn't have to (this was sold as completely 5e compatible).  Is there any other help you can provide?
Check out my all purpose Shadowrun Die roller and Probability generator: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=13241.0

Silence

• Omae
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #3 on: <10-05-13/2156:19> »
It's not in the 5e books yet.  It'll probably be in the new magic splat book.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie

Insaniac99

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <10-05-13/2212:09> »
I'm sorry but

a: that is not exactly helpful given that I am gaming in less than 20 hours and the book isn't likely to come out between now and then and

b: I shouldn't have to in the first place; the PDF is advertised as being completely compatible with 5e and the only book out is the core rulebook, which I own and isn't listed.  When they gave the players the rockets in Manhunt they had the 5e statblock.

I have been really polite and the information has been less than helpful; I have to go take my lady out, I'm hoping when I check back later someone can give me something I can actually use -- even if it is just the 4e description of the ability it would be better than nothing.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can actually help me.

martinchaen

« Reply #5 on: <10-05-13/2215:56> »
Found it. Page 101 of Street Magic for 4th Edition.

Basically, it can use use Counterspelling and provide spell defense and dispel just like a magician could. I'd say just guesstimate it, since I'm not sure the spec's would match.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #6 on: <10-05-13/2355:02> »
Yeah, treat it as the Counterspelling skill for the time being.

Insaniac99

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <10-06-13/0412:18> »
Thank you very much. To make sure I understand correctly, the spirit gets the ability at the same level they are, so it essentially has a dispelling of 6?

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #8 on: <10-06-13/0421:32> »
Yes, it will have skill level equal to it's force.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #9 on: <10-06-13/0507:45> »
So 6 dice for Spell Defense each Combat Turn which it can use against spells targetting the big bad, and 12 dice if it tries to Dispell something.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Pollution

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <10-25-13/1306:57> »
I had a similar problem when we ran this.

Luckily the Street Sam blew edge on a Grenade roll that disintegrated the mage who had summoned the spirit in a surprise attack....  (think Red Mist)

in other words, no spirit, no worries...

That fight lasted 3 rounds + grenade.

Grenade goes off, kills mage, and 3 baddies.  Wounds another.  Team Mage cast the mind control power on a remaining thug to attack another of the thugs.  Technomancer and his Machine Sprite (lvl 4) Data Spiked the Big Bad's cyber eyes and bricked em in the surprise attack.  Round 1 begins with the big bad being blind as a bat.

Round 1, Team went first killed all but the 2 thugs battling it out.
Big bad shot (blindly) and hit the Troll Street Sam (random roll by me to see who it might hit).  Did 2 damage when all was said and done.
Everyone fought the big bad. He soaked up most of the damage (took 1 level the first attack and soaked the rest with armor).

Round 2, Team concentrated fire on the Big Bad.
Big bad did 4 levels damage to Troll again.
Phys Adept Gunslinger Stunned the dude to submission.  (some really nice hits on his part).

Round 3, team finished off the thugs.

It was brutal.  I'm thinking from now on I may just raise the TR by +1 just cause they be rapin' the baddies.

on the bright side, no spirit rules needed for that one.  lol

Insaniac99

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <10-27-13/0655:33> »
Heh, yeah.  My players freaked out over the spirit, it was pretty epic.

It said they knew people were coming so I had 4 guards and one of the mages outside keeping watch, constantly rotating inside.  My players didn't watch them or anything so they just thought they were stationed there, but they stealthily slaughtered all five then proceeded to argue how to breach and who to target first while standing in front of the door.  They decided to bust in with the Monofilament whip right when the big bad ordered the three remaining thugs to see what happened.

Cue surprise round.

The three mooks (who are in tight formation) fail it, as does the big bad. the rigger, decker, and phys adept of my players were the only ones who made it.  The phys adept uses his whip and splits the attack 3 ways to attack all three at once, hits, and beheads them all in one go.  The rigger who is jumped in shoots the mage, which goes SPLAT.  The only attack the villain ended up getting off was 1 to start slicing the NPC they were trying to rescue (barely got to her in time) and 1 explosive round point blank int eh Phys adept (nearly but not quite putting him into overflow)  by then the Decker had disabled the guns and then the mage player finally went and could KO the big bad without killing him.