NEWS

[SR6] Sixth World Core Book Errata File

• 106 Replies

skalchemist

• Omae
« Reply #90 on: <02-04-20/1058:42> »
I've done a cursory search of this site and a quick google search, and I haven't been able to find a compiled list of the new errata. Has this been released yet and my google-fu is just weak, or are we still waiting for this?

As I have a physical copy of the GenCon book and not a digital one, I unfortunately do not have access to the updated digital file.
Zerosum, you bought this at GenCon itself, right?  I would contact Catalyst and ask them about the PDF.  They handed out little cards at the booth that had the way to get the PDF on it, you would have received one you just might not have known what it was.  I mean, it can't hurt?  Especially if you can provide a receipt or something to show you bought it there.

hulka

• Newb
« Reply #91 on: <02-11-20/0749:57> »
In a revised edition 1-20 CRB, there are some inaccuracies, among others.
The use of strength as a modifier for AR is solved in another thread. But in the example, a bike chain that has an AR 5 of CRB is used(p.250).
In Rigger section the calculation of Ford America speed in the example is either 34 or 43 (25+9 or 25+9+9), depending on how many rounds the acceleration is calculated. Not 44.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #92 on: <03-28-20/1728:41> »
Has an errata document been released for the January errat?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #93 on: <04-02-20/1313:09> »
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #94 on: <04-02-20/1322:10> »
There's just 6 fixes missing from the February file as far as I could tell from my diff-notes, and a few places where they made clear they were trying to fix things, but accidentally didn't fix it all. There's also a few items in the February file that aren't in the January PDF. I covered them all here:

https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=31170.msg536323#msg536323
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

skalchemist

• Omae
« Reply #95 on: <04-02-20/1404:58> »
It seems that the document was released after all. https://www.shadowrunsixthworld.com/wp-content/uploads/SR6-Core-Rulebook-Errata-Feb-2020.pdf
Whah?!

EDIT: to be clear, I'm taking complete credit for this, since I sent a message to Catalyst Game Labs on Facebook two days ago asking about this file.  You can thank me now.   ;D
« Last Edit: <04-02-20/1410:06> by skalchemist »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #96 on: <04-02-20/1412:49> »
Guess Hardy forgot about uploading it after the long weekend. -,-
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

marfish

• Newb
« Reply #97 on: <05-05-20/0844:20> »
Quote from: SR6, p. 174
Data Processing is the raw computing power of a device. Data Processing governs how quickly a device can operate and contributes to running programs concurrently. The Data Processing attribute is the limit of many devices you can slave to it.

seems nothing wrong, right? but this "slave" is the only place that mentions it. Another place might hit about it are...

Quote from: SR6, p. 174
...(Devices) are used for rudimentary access, most commonly for commcalls and searches, as well as basic Matrix Firewall defense for devices attached to the user’s PAN.

See this "Matrix Firewall"? there are nowhere to be found again!

I can kind of guess what it is about...using  the Firewall of the master device instead of the slaved ones, right? Just put a proper "rule" in it somewhere, please.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #98 on: <11-28-22/1225:09> »
SR6 p. 195 Overclocked
You get an additional Minor Action and +1D6 Initiative Dice

The intent here was probably to write "+1D6 Initiative Dice (with accompanying Minor Action)"
Same as Wired Reflexes (SR6 p. 287) and Synaptic boosters (SR6 p. 293).

As written this Echo seem to provide +1D6 Initiative Dice (with accompanying Minor Action) plus an Extra Minor Action on top of that (for a total of 2 Minor Actions).

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #99 on: <11-28-22/1230:55> »
SR6 p. 107 Combat Turn
Characters may never start a player turn with more than 5 Minor Actions.

The intent here was probably to write "6 Minor Actions" as 5D6 is the maximum total number of Initiative Dice you may have and you get 1 + number of Initiative Dice Minor Actions.

Unlike the English  City Edition Seattle this was changed to "6 Minor Actions" in the French (and also the German?) translation.

Smogg

• Newb
« Reply #100 on: <11-29-22/0951:48> »
Based on the official CGL answer here: https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=33879.0

P. 183 Reconfigure Matrix Attribute
Swap the base ratings of two non-zero attributes of your Matrix Persona, even if the numbers are rooted in different devices.

Should likely include something like :"Cannot swap base ratings for living persona" or "For living persona this action moves bonus points instead of swapping base ratings" or "This only works for Personas that are rooted in devices"

P. 189 The Living Persona
Bonus points can be moved between two attributes with a Reconfigure Matrix Attribute action.

Should likely clarify "Reconfigure Matrix Attribute action cannot swap base ratings of the Living person"

At least the restriction on how a Living Persona cannot swap base attributes should be added into one of the above location or a FAQ.
Maybe the matrix action should also be considered in relation to other entities that have personas not rooted in physical devices but able to use Matrix Actions.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #101 on: <06-29-23/1109:30> »

[pg 290] External Clip Port - has a table entry, but does not appear to have any description or game mechanics. Does it increase a cyber implant firearm's ammunition capacity like previous editions?

-k

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #102 on: <08-05-23/0609:44> »

[pg 272] Linguasofts - "Language Expert" is repeated twice for both Rating 3 and Rating 4.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #103 on: <01-24-24/1419:42> »
[p 342-344 Berlin Edition] The Kuznechik Airbike and Ruhrmetall Selket Crowd Control Walker do not have a stated drone size category.

Is the Airbike even a drone? It is stated to be MADE from a drone, but there's not supposed to be seating on drones in 6E.

-k

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #104 on: <01-24-24/1536:33> »
Per Pegasus' Berlin 2080: link

The Airbike is a Medium Drone "Flying Bike".

The Crowd Control Walker isn't a drone, it's a vehicle, probably in the truck category.