NEWS

Gamemaster Reward

• 5 Replies

Palladion

• Chummer
« on: <03-11-14/0110:57> »
Are there Gamemaster Rewards for Firing Line or Sprawl Wilds? While I am willing to bite the bullet and run these without rewards (have not read them yet), it would be nice to know before I go poking to the point of no return. I may run them online (over Roll20) as well as in store (and finish my CDT application).
P A L L A D I O N

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #1 on: <03-11-14/0648:39> »
Yes.  As stated in the Missions FAQ:

Quote from: p. 4, Missions Season 5 FAQ
There are also some Convention Missions compilations that have been up-converted for Season 5 and SR5, but because they were written for an older season they don’t have these rewards by default. In that case, take the baseline pay for the Mission and treat it as if you got two net hits on a negotiation test for any bonus pay. You also get the maximum amount of Karma, and any other rewards as above.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Fedifensor

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #2 on: <03-11-14/2337:25> »
Check here...

Palladion

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <03-12-14/1614:59> »
Ah, very useful, thanks.
P A L L A D I O N

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #4 on: <03-13-14/1246:17> »
Quick question - does the GM reward count as a mission, for purposes of how long I can spend between missions to train?

Also, from the old thread, the missions that you run count as if the character that you applied them to actually ran the mission. No GM credit then run and apply it to the same character, nor vice versa. No double dipping, sadly.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #5 on: <03-16-14/0718:25> »
I calculated what the guidelines say the karma rewards should be, and they're 8 for Ashes (feel-good run, Bull confirmed it's 8), 5 for Stormcrow Undone, 6 for all the other runs. While the Missions in season 5 tend to spread out the karma more over objectives, the end-amounts appear to be the same as the general guideline would get.

That said, I wouldn't mind a more clear statement from Bull on what karma (and gm reward with Manhunt due to the bounty) the runs give.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!