NEWS

Looking to start online group (Full)

• 57 Replies

Daheim

• Newb
« on: <04-15-11/1535:34> »
I'm looking to start an online group of people who are interested in playing Shadowrun online (using skype and other tools). Thinking 5 or 6 including the GM, and I'm personally wanting to play with people that can commit and make it most of the time, it's hard to run a campaign and build momentum for a story any other way.
I'm thinking once a week, for 3 to 4 hours. We can definately discuss specifics with all those interested though.

If you are interested, please post your time zone and hours of availability. You will have to have the ability to voicechat to take part.

Interested
  • Daheim - 6pm to 10 Mountain Time, any day of the week
  • Cyroa - 8pm to 12am Eastern Time, any day of the week
  • Vartan - GMT+2
  • GravelThroat - 6pm to 10 Mountain Time, any day of the week
  • Triggvi - Pacific
  • DougFir - Pacific Time
  • Jester - Pacific Time

So far our team has....
  • Elf Go-ganger/Combat Adept (DougFir)
  • Mage (Cyroa)
  • Troll Anything Not Matix-centric (Daheim)
  • Orc Ganger Sammie (Triggvi)
  • Rigger (Jester)

Waiting List
  • Kouryuu
« Last Edit: <04-19-11/1309:12> by Daheim »

Vartan

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <04-16-11/0947:21> »
Hey, i would be really interested, i have been searching for a game all over the place

Times:
I am from israel so thats GMT +2
friday, saturday - anytime is good for me
rest of the week i'm good in the evenings

hope we can work something out

GravelThroat

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <04-16-11/2213:20> »
Mountain time 6-10 any day of the week but only once a week.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-16-11/2350:58> »
I can Skype and I have played using map tools as well. My time zone is eastern and probably couldn't do any other day but Sunday. If it doesn't work out for others that would be understandable by me.

As far as character types go I would like to play a human hacker adept, not a technomancer, if there are no objections. Primary role Hacker, secondary role mage. :)

Thanks,
Red
« Last Edit: <04-18-11/0921:32> by Redwulfe »
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Triggvi

• Omae
  • It is all fun and games until the rum runs out
« Reply #4 on: <04-17-11/1232:54> »
I would be up to play any day except tuesday and thursday.
Speaking  Com  Thinking

DougFir

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <04-17-11/2003:35> »
I'd like to try an online game if you'll have me, I am on Pacific time in Canada.  For days I'd prefer the weekend because I am starting 50 hour work weeks in May.

Cyroa

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <04-18-11/0959:30> »
Ok, looks like we've got enough to get started.  Time might be a little rough for some...

How about Fridays?   8pm-12am Eastern.  (that's starting at 5 pacific or 3am for Vartan)

Assuming that works for everyone, who do we have willing to GM?  I will (as long as I get to play as well; I've done a GM PC on more than a few occasions) if no one else wants to. 

What medium we playing on?  I can do skype, maptools, openrpg; though I really know squat on how maptools and openrpg works.  Normally I've done straight text due to that.

Daheim

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <04-18-11/1428:39> »
Yeah, I think this is a good number of people, seeing how most online things tend to lose one or two people after a while, and if people are absent and such.

I'm new to SR online, but from what I've seen Skype and maptools seem to be popular. We could start on skype and branch out if needed.

I'm willing to Co-GM with you, Cyroa, if everyone can stand me being a GM No0b (I've been playing 8 or 9 months, but haven't GMed before). I'd probably just do a premade adventure for the first run or two.

Friday generally works for me, does Friday sound ok for everyone else? Maybe we could also do a Satruday every once and a while for those who prefer the weekend. If that is ok with most of us, why don't we shoot for starting April 29th as this next weekend is Easter long weeked, and it would give us a chance to build characters if needed.

So, I guess to get started, we need to decide which setting we will be working in. Defualt is Seattle, would probably be easiest for a bunch of people just getting together to play in, our environment is already premade. And I've always found it's convenient for the group to have a common fixer, maybe some of us have ran together before, just to make things easier.

Redwulfe has already done so, but why not post what type of character you want to play so we aren't getting 7 mages or 7 street sams. If there is already two of your archetype, maybe try something different, unless you have your heart set on it. I'll put up at the top next to our names what we are looking to play.

Thoughts?

Update: It's been raised that Teamspeak or Ventrilo might be viable options as well, as an alternative to Skype. Does anyone have experience with these?
« Last Edit: <04-18-11/1645:29> by Daheim »

Vartan

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <04-18-11/1537:28> »
Ok, looks like we've got enough to get started.  Time might be a little rough for some...

How about Fridays?   8pm-12am Eastern.  (that's starting at 5 pacific or 3am for Vartan)

if these are the times we are talking about then i will have to give this one a pass... let me know guys

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #9 on: <04-18-11/1920:00> »
Sadly Sunday is the only day I can play, the rest of the week is booked for me.

Sorry guys, have fun.

Red
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #10 on: <04-18-11/2050:11> »
The topic states full, but in case you still need somone, i would like to be at leas a backup player.
Have fun!  ;D
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Daheim

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <04-18-11/2115:55> »
oh crap :( I didn't read thuroughly enough! Sorry Redwulfe, but if we end up playing Sundays, I will definately send you a PM.

Hey Kouryuu, I already had someone PM me about being added, but I'll create a waiting list :) I seriously didn't think an online game would be this popular! lol

Cyroa

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <04-18-11/2141:36> »
Sorry man.  I didn't read well enough.  I figured Friday's would be best (Sat and Sun generally suck for me).

As for Teamspeak/ventrillo, technically I've used them before but don't really know much about them.

I don't mind GMing, long as everyone is ok with me having a semi-PC.  Built same as PCs, no differences.  Done it plenty (since I seldom find games where I'm NOT GMing).  But I always like to check with everyone first, just in case.

I've already got a game idea in mind...a little different char creation-wise (ie some bonuses/restrictions) but might be a fun idea/twist.

Seattle is fine with me.  I've also done Denver (which I liked as there's not much official there so I could do what I liked).

My next question is "game feel".  What do people want?  Do people want to play 'smart' runners (trying to stay under the radar, avoid making splashes, being careful, not blasting the heck outta anything just cause) or the fire and forget game?  Nothing wrong with either.  The first requires more thought/less impulsive actions.  The second involves a lot more character turnover obviously.  Or do people want something else entirely?

Character types: I love mages of almost any variety.

Triggvi

• Omae
  • It is all fun and games until the rum runs out
« Reply #13 on: <04-18-11/2150:53> »
I am in Pacific Time, but flexible of time. I can do almost anything for a character
« Last Edit: <04-18-11/2155:03> by Triggvi »
Speaking  Com  Thinking

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #14 on: <04-18-11/2346:04> »
It's all good, have fun guys.

Red

Red

Thinking
com
speaking