NEWS

Street Legends Review

• 209 Replies

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« on: <08-07-11/1414:58> »
I have only had about an hour to sift through the book so this review is hardly thorough. I am quite pleased with the purchase and this is one of the more interesting books I have now because it is very cool to be able to compare my characters to the legends in the book and see how they stack up. Some of the characters are insanely powerful and there is lots of great artwork and detailed information on the characters within. The book is a bit pricy but it is well worth it imo and I definitely recommend this product. My only real complaint is the overwhelming majority of the legends are Human and I don't recall seeing any Trolls or Dwarves. It would be really cool to see a Street Legends Volume 2 in the future which covers more non-humans.
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <08-07-11/1429:32> »
But it's so easy to overlook dwarves.  Or to mistake trolls for a crumbling leather-covered wall.  That's why they weren't included.  :P

This message brought to you by the Humanis Policlub.  Humanis:  We think we're funny, and 100 goons in white robes aren't ever wrong.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-07-11/1801:55> »
The Daviar chapter is basically set in the future.

The three-part story Rusty and I wrote is not, and is something you should pay attention to because I suspect some people don't put as much importance into the fiction pieces of the books. If it's in the book it's there for a reason.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-07-11/2010:53> »
Very cool... :) ...thanks for that.

AJC

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #4 on: <08-07-11/2145:48> »
My only real complaint is the overwhelming majority of the legends are Human and I don't recall seeing any Trolls or Dwarves. It would be really cool to see a Street Legends Volume 2 in the future which covers more non-humans.

I feel you on this, although I'd say if anything Elves were severely overloaded and Dwarves were severely underrepresented.

Might be we can do something to correct this in the future, although my dream supplement 7 Dwarves is probably never going to be a reality.  : (

I also played Shadowrun with easily 40 people at Gencon not one of whom was playing a dwarf. Not one! It makes me sad. Dwarves, like Rodney Dangerfield, don't get any respect.
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #5 on: <08-07-11/2150:19> »
Rodney Dangerfield III, Dwarf Comedian.

"Not only don't I get no respect like my grampa, I get overlooked by his career as well!  Of course, I get overlooked by everyone."  *Pulls Tie, Sweats A Lot*

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

grimjaws

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <08-08-11/1427:06> »
My only real complaint is the overwhelming majority of the legends are Human and I don't recall seeing any Trolls or Dwarves. It would be really cool to see a Street Legends Volume 2 in the future which covers more non-humans.

I feel you on this, although I'd say if anything Elves were severely overloaded and Dwarves were severely underrepresented.

Might be we can do something to correct this in the future, although my dream supplement 7 Dwarves is probably never going to be a reality.  : (

I also played Shadowrun with easily 40 people at Gencon not one of whom was playing a dwarf. Not one! It makes me sad. Dwarves, like Rodney Dangerfield, don't get any respect.
How odd. I ran one mission and we had 3 of six players playing dwarves, and two of those were Awakened.
SR1+ SR2 SR3 SR4++ SR5+++ h b++ B-- UB- IE- RN--- !W sa++ ma++ sh+++ ad+++ m+++ e- o++ t++ gm+ M- P-

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #7 on: <08-08-11/1432:48> »
Unequal distribution of dwarves.
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <08-08-11/1946:32> »
Unequal distribution of dwarves.
Dwarves of the Sixth World represent!!!

Are you guys holding up your hands?

Oh, I hear some of you now.  I'm sorry, I can't see you with all the Orks in the way...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <08-08-11/2010:47> »
Well played...sat here chuckling for 5 minutes... ;D

AJC

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #10 on: <08-08-11/2026:21> »
Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week!  Try the fish!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #11 on: <08-08-11/2040:18> »
Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week!  Try the fish!

Hey, I'm looking for my friend Larry. Poor sod started looking like a fish after that damn comet thing back in '61. Anyway, anyone seen.....AHHHHHH LARRY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <08-08-11/2050:32> »
Damnit, first the veal, now the fish.  JOHNNY!  Where the hell are you buying your meat?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <08-09-11/1305:47> »
Just spent 2nd half of 6 hours reading SL . . .

What was that with Aina Dupree being found dead, and Ghostwalker going through the Rift?  Was that covered by one of Missions?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #14 on: <08-09-11/1400:17> »
Just spent 2nd half of 6 hours reading SL . . .

What was that with Aina Dupree being found dead, and Ghostwalker going through the Rift?  Was that covered by one of Missions?
It'll be in Artifacts Unbound, which has just been delayed a bit.