NEWS

Season 4 Faction Rewards missing

• 2 Replies

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« on: <07-15-11/1913:51> »
Ok so, at the back of extraction there is the following table for faction favors.

action Rep F avor Gained
2 Item Favor – 10% Discount on any single item obtained from this Faction
4 Item Favor – 20% Discount on any single item obtained from this Faction.
5 Item Favor – 30% Discount on any single item obtained from this Faction.
–2 C ontacts from this Faction will always charge the runner for information.
–3 C ontacts from this Faction will no longer obtain gear for the runner, and
will charge double for any information they provide.
–5 C ontacts from this Faction will no longer provide the runner with any
information

My question is first off is this table now supposed to be in the back of every module going forward? (it's missing from rally cry. My second question is whether or not the item favors use an availability test via the downtime rules or otherwise. It seemed to me that the discount plus not having to muck about witht he downtime rules seemed a good reward.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #1 on: <07-15-11/2000:33> »
It was supposed to be there.  The writer was likely going off an older version of the Missions Template, from which it was missing as well.  Ahh well.  I'd love to get it fixed and updated, but that likely won't happen till after Gen Con at the earliest. 

As for the discount...  It's justa  discount, you still need to obtain the item, and it's only items that the faction rep can actually get. So Joe Martin isn't likely to be able to get you Military Grade hardware.  But, keep in mind that there is the handy dandy, quick 'n easy Obtaining Items Through Contacts rule in the FAQ, where you can get an items of Availability equal to 4x the Contacts Connection Rating.  And the contacts in Season 4 aren't lightweights. And for just a few nuyen more you can buy additional Availability (aka, 5% extra per point).  Each contact can get you one item (or group of the same items) during a single downtime period (Minimum Downtime is 1 week).

Also, as a note, the Faction Rep Chart is on the SR Missions website as well, at http://www.shadowrun4.com/missions/gamemasters/

Bull

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <07-15-11/2008:43> »
Ah good, at least it's somewhere and i don't have to make stuff up or refer back to the old mission. Thanks Bull.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.