• 21 Replies

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <08-30-19/2053:56> »
They were a band, I think?

:sadface again:

What do the kids today listen to!?!

I guess that as the symbol wasn't meaningful to me I'd never noticed it in older art.

Just one example of many... literally the first one I found on a google search. The band logo is not so subtly "hidden" right over the middle character's head.

RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #16 on: <08-31-19/0605:30> »
Pretty cool
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #17 on: <09-05-19/2216:02> »
Would that old Fuchi merch be worth anything? Also, there's a rat (I think) in the McGuffins box!
Also, I know I've seen that statuette atop the NERPS box, but I forget where...

Just one example of many... literally the first one I found on a google search. The band logo is not so subtly "hidden" right over the middle character's head.

Most of the 1st ed authors were big fans, so they put the logo in  everywhere.  YOu can also see song lyrics scrawled as graffiti in some art.

Also, if you're a fan of cyberpunk at all, you have to listen to their concept album Operation: Mind Crime.  YOu need to get the whole album, as there's a lot of little Voice Acting story bits in between the songs.

I'd also recommend the song Empire off their album of the same name.  Honestly, that whole album is also worth listening to, a lot of great songs with sometrhing of a cyberpunk/shadowrunny vibe to them.

There's a reason I have a Queensryche Pandora station set up that I play in the background when I write Shadowrun.  Puts me in the right mood. :)

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #18 on: <09-05-19/2238:11> »
The purple toy in the box (lower left) was on the cover of 3E New Seattle.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #19 on: <09-06-19/0911:56> »
I admit I had to look up Queensryche on wikipedia ... I was vaguely aware of them, but was living in some musical deserts during the height of their success and had never really picked up on them.  Anyway, cool to see that they are from Bellevue, and started out before the timelines diverged.  In other words, their symbol showing up in Seattle area art decades later is actually pretty conceivable.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #20 on: <09-24-19/0535:25> »
...interesting nobody mentioned the Harlequin clock on the wall by the loo.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

BeCareful

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <09-24-19/2330:10> »
I thought we were all trying to dance around it. (I can't help but think it's the sort of thing Ehran would've made as a subtle insult)
"Welcome to Shadowrun, where the biggest obstacle is you!"