NEWS

Sam (Conspiracy Theories)

• 76 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« on: <12-21-11/0848:30> »
So in the introductory story in Conspiracy theories, Fastjack is talking to someone he calls Sam, and though it is unclear whether the meet is in the meat or the virtual, the person he's meeting is described as a blond woman. She obviously has connections to a lot of information, but is clearly not aligned with Horizon. The only Jackpointer i know named Sam would be Sunshine, but this certainly doesn't sound like him.

So who is it? Personally, with the writeup of Colonel Samantha Roth in SOTA, that's leading me to believe that she is the one Fastjack is talking to. Which leads to the question, "What's her angle?"
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-21-11/0943:03> »
Two products I haven't bought yet.

*shakes fist*

Curse you, desire for print-product instead of PDF!

Stry

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <12-21-11/1122:21> »
I do not have, nor read Conspiracy Theories, but it could be Samantha Villers, FJ was involved in a run with getting Caroline Tara Villiers to Samantha Villers in the book Night's Pawn.
« Last Edit: <12-22-11/1820:48> by Stry »

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <12-22-11/0539:46> »
Sam is not a JackPointer, and the meeting was in the flesh.

That's all I'm going to say.

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #4 on: <12-24-11/1746:34> »
okay then. Are we Going to get to know then? In a future product? Or is that NDA territory.

P.S. If it is. Cata has my NDA in their office, on file..........Just sayin....... ;)
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <12-24-11/1813:40> »
*Shrugs*

Who knows?

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <12-25-11/1451:01> »
My nuyen's on Villers...either that or Verner learned a gender-change spell and is back in the game.
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <12-25-11/1502:16> »
My nuyen's on Villers...either that or Verner learned a gender-change spell and is back in the game.
Heh. I just got my hands on kindle copies of some of the old books. Young Twist has some solid brass ones. Pisses off three dragons (at once), including mouthing off at Lofwyr to his face, and lives.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #8 on: <12-25-11/1507:38> »
Older Twist hasn't let up.

I wonder if he's around Post Crash 2.0.  Not like he did much decking...  More of an Ops Organizer and Burned Out Shaman.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #9 on: <12-25-11/1616:19> »
Older Twist hasn't let up.

I wonder if he's around Post Crash 2.0.  Not like he did much decking...  More of an Ops Organizer and Burned Out Shaman.
I don't think we've heard anything about him at or after the "Year of thr Comet", much like other people, he could've been "renewed" by the rise in magic. So who knows.

I really doubt any of the current crew will be using him tho. It seems the genearl undercurrent is to not like content from the other editions.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <12-25-11/1622:47> »
I dunno if it is a case of them not liking things from older editions, but perhaps wanting to focus on moving plots forward.

My Characters

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #11 on: <12-25-11/1644:18> »
I really doubt any of the current crew will be using him tho. It seems the genearl undercurrent is to not like content from the other editions.

That's certainly not the case with me.  I love older material.  hell, I managed to sneak a Captain Chaos post into Artifacts Undbound, and Maria Mercurial into Mission SRM 04-00: back in Business. 

The key is to find places where it makes sense to use these older characters.  It's been 20+ years for most of them as well, so many of them aren't in their prime anymore, if they're still alive at all.  And in the meantime, we have to keep moving the plots and teh stories forward, and develop the current stuff as well as new stuff.  So it's a fine line to walk.

Bull

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <12-25-11/1659:59> »
Which is one reason I'd love to see a Street Legends style supplement (possibly a pdf only version?) covering the runners and major players of yesteryear. People like Dodger, Twist, Captain Chaos, Roxy, Hatchetman, Deus, Pax, and so on. Perhaps Fastjack, Bull, and some of the runners who've been around a while decide to share their tales. Can anyone here say the wouldn't want to see what Puck would write about Deus and Pax?

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #13 on: <12-25-11/1717:48> »
Dodger's an Elf, 20+ years, he's still in his prime.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #14 on: <12-25-11/1951:47> »
Dodger, yes.  but Sally, Ghost, and Sam?  Not so much.  And Kham is ancient, if he's still alive.  (I think we'll learn his current whereabouts in an upcoming product I'm working on though).

And trust me, I want to do a Street Legends: Classic (As well as a Street Legends: Book of the Dead).  But that's dependent on sales.  the print version of SL didn't sell fantastic, but I think the price point on it was the culprit.  It's full color and hardback, which is nice and the reason it was expensive, but...

Hopefully the eBook supplement coming out does well enough to warrant more.

Bull