NEWS

Street Wyld Available

• 39 Replies

Nightmare

• Chummer
  • Freelance merc, runner, and assassin
« on: <02-10-21/1653:49> »
Get it over at DriveThruRPG:

[ur=https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/346364/Shadowrun-Street-Wyrd-Core-Magic-Rulebook?src=hottestl]here![/url]

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-10-21/1725:19> »

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-11-21/0028:11> »
Any word on dead tree versions?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <02-11-21/0803:05> »
Any word on dead tree versions?
I believe it's available, since it's in the Catalyst Store. Check with your FLGS.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-11-21/1849:34> »
Thanks I had checked amazon to no avail.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <02-12-21/1450:30> »
Random question do they add touch indirect attack spells into the game and if so how do they work, I don't think that has ever been answered in any of the previous editions. 2 defense tests one for touching one for the spell or is the spell the only test.

Edit to add.

Spell creation could you make something like a stronger levitate 100kg per hit, can you make a levitate that does not bizarrely require you look at it all the time?
« Last Edit: <02-12-21/1453:06> by Shinobi Killfist »

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <02-12-21/1531:19> »
Shinobi,

I ordered a dead tree version from Catalyst the day it came out.  I do not believe it has shipped because on a FB group J.Hardy commented they wouldn't ship until Early March.

I tried to find the exact post but couldn't.  SSDR I think is on the same group so maybe he can confirm/disprove what I said.

Regards,
SL

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #7 on: <02-14-21/1226:41> »
Random question do they add touch indirect attack spells into the game and if so how do they work, I don't think that has ever been answered in any of the previous editions. 2 defense tests one for touching one for the spell or is the spell the only test.

I have not thoroughly read the book yet, so it's possible I missed something important. That said, you can design indirect touch attack spells, which appear to follow the normal rules for indirect spell attack/defense pools.
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <02-14-21/1240:11> »
Street Wyrd doesn't give new rules for delivering touch attacks.

In this edition, it looks like Touch range spells involve two rolls (pg. 131).  First roll to establish the "touch" and 2nd roll for the spellcasting test itself.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #9 on: <02-14-21/1252:33> »
SSDR you may want to get your folks to look at the "affect specific type of test" ingredient too. Since according to CRB page 35, any dice pool roll is a "test", that ingredient alone is a complete balance obliterater.

Unlimited defense dice pool test and unlimited drain resistance test immediately come to mind since neither are affected by the skill augment cap, may also effect soak but I haven't verified wordings there.
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <02-14-21/1304:42> »
SSDR you may want to get your folks to look at the "affect specific type of test" ingredient too. Since according to CRB page 35, any dice pool roll is a "test", that ingredient alone is a complete balance obliterater.

Unlimited defense dice pool test and unlimited drain resistance test immediately come to mind since neither are affected by the skill augment cap, may also effect soak but I haven't verified wordings there.

My hot take on that is it HAS to be skill test related, since it mentions that this bonus has to apply to a narrower focus than a single non-specialized skill.  The example says Blades is ok but Close Combat is not... so if Close Combat is not acceptable on account of being too "wide" surely rolling REA+INT to resist an attack is even more "wide" than Close Combat.  Beyond that.. you could give yourself +6 dice (for +3 Drain) but it'd fall under the same pitfalls as +6 dice from a F6 Focus... if you don't have at least -2 dice from penalties somewhere, then you're still capped at +4.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #11 on: <02-14-21/1802:35> »

Beyond that.. you could give yourself +6 dice (for +3 Drain) but it'd fall under the same pitfalls as +6 dice from a F6 Focus... if you don't have at least -2 dice from penalties somewhere, then you're still capped at +4.

Is that not for skill tests, or did I miss some other changes that makes it apply to any dice pool (even att + att) period?

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <02-14-21/1828:46> »
Street Wyrd doesn't give new rules for delivering touch attacks.

In this edition, it looks like Touch range spells involve two rolls (pg. 131).  First roll to establish the "touch" and 2nd roll for the spellcasting test itself.

I forgot that, but it still leaves questions.

Its odd for them to dodge again once you touch with a indirect attack though so can they? That would be quite the power boost for touch spells if they only get the close combat dodge part as a defense test. Direct I can thematically see 2 defense tests in that its now targeting your mind or something, but indirect its weird we already resolved my flaming fist hit you.

I always prefer when they reduce die rolls, now assuming its 2 defense tests its 4 rolls to deal with if one attack hits, then if its indirect they resist damage, and direct or indirect there is a drain test. That is a lot of die rolls to resolve one single attack, and then the mage used his 2nd major to do it again. I wish they had just gone with sorcery is all you need to deliver a touch attack spell.

Thanks though.  Well its been 6 editions where its never explicitly explained, but people are pulling it from general rules. And every edition since at least 2e people brought it up in forums.

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <02-14-21/2257:56> »

Beyond that.. you could give yourself +6 dice (for +3 Drain) but it'd fall under the same pitfalls as +6 dice from a F6 Focus... if you don't have at least -2 dice from penalties somewhere, then you're still capped at +4.

Is that not for skill tests, or did I miss some other changes that makes it apply to any dice pool (even att + att) period?

The augmented skill limit does only apply to skill tests.

What I was just saying is the "affect certain test" spell ingredient (that you brought up) looks to me to only be compatible with skill tests... it looks to me that you cannot use this spell on att + att tests.
« Last Edit: <02-14-21/2312:12> by Stainless Steel Devil Rat »

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #14 on: <02-15-21/0605:50> »

The augmented skill limit does only apply to skill tests.

What I was just saying is the "affect certain test" spell ingredient (that you brought up) looks to me to only be compatible with skill tests... it looks to me that you cannot use this spell on att + att tests.

Making it skill only would be the easiest fix. Still OP as hell, but I don't think we expect much less from the magic book.

But if it is either not changed or not intended to only affect skills, and can affect any test as it says, I am correct in my thinking that there is nothing that currently acts as an arbitrary cap to that, right? I.E, old school combat sense - enjoy however many hits you got.