NEWS

Powered Armor?

• 62 Replies

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #45 on: <03-26-11/2010:47> »
It's basically the Lifter from Alien, in which Ellen Ripley beats up the Xenomorh-Queen.
Furthermore, the Clans used the JYM-Suits mentioned farther upthread as the basis for their Elemental PA Suit.
« Last Edit: <03-26-11/2026:59> by Stahlseele »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #46 on: <03-27-11/2333:28> »
It's already 2.5 meters tall and therefore as subtle as a kick in the face, but it really should be limited to 1IP in order to fit into the whole "either too slow to be useful or too quick to not damage the pilots," thing.

As far as I'm concerned, power armor already exists.  You just have to get your limbs removed to use it.  They call it Cyber.
« Last Edit: <03-28-11/0018:22> by Kontact »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #47 on: <03-27-11/2336:20> »

Now I want to summon a spirit of man that looks like Ozzy Osbourne to possess the armor and sing "Iron Man" while kicking much hoop with it.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #48 on: <03-28-11/0150:05> »

Now I want to summon a spirit of man that looks like Ozzy Osbourne to possess the armor and sing "Iron Man" while kicking much hoop with it.
And it can bite the head off a bat while doing so....
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #49 on: <03-28-11/0459:16> »
So if I wanted to make power armor for a character in shadowrun that used the vehicle rules I would start off with an EVO orderly.  The picure for the drone clearly shows that it was designed to cary a peson in it.  Thus it is at the very least theoretically capable of navigating doorways and halways.  when one takes into account the small body the item has it seems more plausable that it can fit in narrow areas rather then using the larger vehicles that are commonly suggested for this sort of thing.  It would suck to have your riggers new awesome power armor stymied by something as simple as a doorway or a bend in a halway he couldnt fit through.   It already has walker mode and arms.  Just add a rigger cocoon along with an armor upgrade and there you are.  This allows the rigger to connect to his drone while relatively safe inside the cocoon using a wired connection that can't be hacked with out something like nanites in combat.   

I've done alot of thinking about how the technological advantages of the shadowrun world would be used to wage war and the benefits of power armor are just too much to ignore.  Even if the only way to include them is to have dwarf riggers sitting n the fetal position of troll sized drones.  The costs and amount of training required to make an effective rigger I think would be less then for a military level street sam in these cases. 

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #50 on: <03-28-11/1138:26> »
I started with a Horseman Caterpllar

with a safety Dance
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #51 on: <03-28-11/1140:14> »
Please, no, not the "Horsemen Of The Apocalypse" again. 

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #52 on: <03-28-11/1643:31> »
Would you Prefer Binky?
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #53 on: <03-28-11/1735:04> »
Would you Prefer Binky?
Yes, actually.

Sorry, forgot I hadn't explained it here yet.  "The Horsemen of the Apocalypse" was a group concept that one player in my group came up with, having everyone buy a massively modified Horseman brimming to the gills in weapons and armor, and other modifications.

The idea was killed when he realized that I (The GM) could easily take out such an item with ease due to the equipment and legitimate response to such an item being used in public.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #54 on: <03-28-11/1942:20> »
Would you Prefer Binky?
Yes, actually.

Sorry, forgot I hadn't explained it here yet.  "The Horsemen of the Apocalypse" was a group concept that one player in my group came up with, having everyone buy a massively modified Horseman brimming to the gills in weapons and armor, and other modifications.

The idea was killed when he realized that I (The GM) could easily take out such an item with ease due to the equipment and legitimate response to such an item being used in public.

Ahhh, player vs GM. The battle continues....

Until the GM decides they've had enough, and smites the PC viciously with overwhelming NPC responses *Mwuhuhuhahahahaaaaa*

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #55 on: <03-28-11/2058:13> »
This time, I didn't even need to point it out to him, I just looked at him over my glasses, "You'd have the Metroplex Guard and Gunbirds after us, wouldn't you."  *Nods*  "And, while it's possible I'd survive, the Horseman wouldn't, and the character is built around the Horseman.  Better to just find a different character concept."  "I also have car thieves."

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #56 on: <03-28-11/2125:31> »
This time, I didn't even need to point it out to him, I just looked at him over my glasses, "You'd have the Metroplex Guard and Gunbirds after us, wouldn't you."  *Nods*  "And, while it's possible I'd survive, the Horseman wouldn't, and the character is built around the Horseman.  Better to just find a different character concept."  "I also have car thieves."

You know you're running a good game when the PC realises what will happen, and decides being a car thief is a safer option :)

Phreak Commandment V:

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #57 on: <03-28-11/2136:28> »
He made a Troll with lots of guns and an Ares Roadmaster.

I just pointed out that I have a city full of car thieves.   :P  I don't think he thought the Roadmaster through, either.   ;)

Although, having Sting or Green Lucifer of the Ancients drive around in a Horseman as armed as that one would have been...  Interesting.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #58 on: <03-28-11/2142:33> »
Anti-Theft System, Touch Link, manual,better maglocks, encrypting, firewall upgrades, IC, etc

depending on your preferences vehicle security can planned well and be well thought out.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #59 on: <03-28-11/2147:15> »
Anti-Theft System, Touch Link, manual,better maglocks, encrypting, firewall upgrades, IC, etc

depending on your preferences vehicle security can planned well and be well thought out.
Mine usually is.  He only has Anti-Theft on his system.  *Shakes Head*

#ThisTaserGoesTo11