NEWS

Getting ready to run SR5 quickstart, combat question

• 5 Replies

Vryce00

• Newb
« on: <06-28-13/1356:21> »
I have the SR5 quick-start and each of the released previews but I do not have the actual core book yet and have a quick question regarding combat.  Combat is an opposed roll [ attackers (Agility+ skill) limited by accuracy vs defenders (Reaction + Intuition)] . Is there no limit applied to the defender?

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #1 on: <06-28-13/1359:35> »
Attrib-only tests aren't subjected to Limits; only Skill tests. I'd give you a page ref, but thumb drive is in the car and I don't feel like chasing it down at the moment. I can't remember if that's in the Concepts preview or not.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Drakestar

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <06-28-13/1410:17> »
Wait I have just one question - Where did You get your quick - start rules?

Vryce00

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <06-28-13/1418:46> »
Thank you. That will make focusing fire and semi-auto mode very attractive to force down those dice pools.

Sadly none of the stores in my area participated in free RPG day but my father lives in Michigan and has a gaming store a few blocks from his house that did participate. He was kind enough to get me a copy and ship it to me. That was a fun conversation though.

"Dad, do you mind going down to the gaming store on the corner this saturday for free RPG day and getting me a shadowrun book?" "What do you mean free RPG day? They just give away RPG's? Chek, Chines, or Russian and what do you need a rocket propelled grenade for?" "No dad, it's role-playing books."

Drakestar

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <06-28-13/1423:07> »
"Dad, do you mind going down to the gaming store on the corner this saturday for free RPG day and getting me a shadowrun book?" "What do you mean free RPG day? They just give away RPG's? Chek, Chines, or Russian and what do you need a rocket propelled grenade for?" "No dad, it's role-playing books."

And here I was hoping that i somehow missed the pdf version release :P But that part about rocket propelled grenades made my day  ;D

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #5 on: <07-02-13/1414:37> »
Attrib-only tests aren't subjected to Limits; only Skill tests. I'd give you a page ref, but thumb drive is in the car and I don't feel like chasing it down at the moment. I can't remember if that's in the Concepts preview or not.
Page 47, column 1, paragraph 3. It's a part of the "Shadowrun Concepts" chapter, available for free as Preview #2.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator