NEWS

[IC] TriSeq Runners, Private Military Company Adventure

• 340 Replies

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #30 on: <02-24-13/1554:45> »
Vissei raised an eyebrow, glancing over each of them. "I understand you have been with us for a while Starshina Metzger, but your questions I believe will be answered as we further our briefing. I admire your understanding of this mission. Yes, this will be your proving exercise, and though many of you come from extensive military backgrounds this may be the first time you must seriously consider how important you are, and the investment that has been put into you. You are not warranted to die, should you weigh all of your options, and mission completion would require unnecessary sacrifice you must pull out with yourselves and TriSeq's assets in tact. You each represent a massive investment on TriSeq's part, and of course your performance will prove whether our investment was a wise one or not.

"Now, on to mission specifics, as you will all note the weather, terrain, forecast, transport specifications, dossiers and equipment specifications are all recorded on these documents. It is estimated that the aircraft were taken down by long range air intercept missiles. While it would not be a great feat to destroy an aircraft flying along this route and plan accordingly it is something to know which of our clients aircraft were to be targeted, another detail is how they are hiding themselves so well and where their supply base is, if there is one. We are almost certain that these attacks are not related to any local issues of Yakut such as guerillas or that these were terror attacks, as these planes were destined for the Trans Polar Aleut nations and Thule.

I think now that you have all the technical information and mission summary it is a good point to turn over the mission prep to Stárshiy Lieutenant Kovskina, take this time to discuss the mission specifics with him, you will be reporting to the armoury to check out your gear and make calibrations with him in a few hours, the TR-73so's should be fully prepped by the time you are."

Visei looked over the group and up to the threshold, saluted, and walked up the stairs to greet the Stárshiy Lieutenant, shook his hand and walked out of the room. The lieutenant replaced Vissei in the center of the amphitheater and looked over the group just as Vissei did. He, Sidi Kovskina, looked as if he was made in a lab for perfect soldiers. The diffuse light in the room highlighted his bald head, thin silver outlines of a hexagonal pattern covering his skin were visible in the light. Each soldier had seen him, if not worked with him on the proving grounds before. He was a model soldier in every way, save for his habit of occasionally shooting at the trainees, off of the training grounds. He liked to see which ones were the alert ones, and which ones had never seen combat, he would latter group them together and make them lead their teams in combat exercises.

He eyed each individual, "Allright, I've worked with each of you before, I know what you can do, and I know what you've been trained to do. This is perhaps the most redundant grouping I think Vissei has ever put together, this is good, you never know when one of you is going to take a bullet and when that person was the only one who could demo an airstrip. Vissei likes to tell you you're all important because our accountants want him to, but you each will learn how far we can push costs to make ends, and I'll be there to make sure you learn it right. Right now intel is a little sparse on this situation, so we'll be going down the base phonebook to do the research ourselves, we've got some of the nations finest analysts and engineers at our disposal and the best way to gather intel right now is to ask questions. This mission is going to test your ability to investigate your situation and act on an informed decision in a timely manner, so let's get to work." 
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #31 on: <02-24-13/1622:18> »
[spoiler]
The crew has not been heard from since, this was 2 days ago so they could still be out there somewhere.

These crafts were all carrying unprocessed magical components of value, so this could be a major factor into why these planes were shot down. We need you to find one of the wrecks and search it for evidence of where the attacks are coming from, and stop those attacks, preferably be removing it.
Once you locate one of the downed aircraft you will search it for its black box and any cargo or survivors, and attempt to find the source of the disturbances. How you conduct your investigation upon locating the hauler and from there destroy the source of the attacks is up to your discretion.
there is no official rescue opperation or investigation.

Your mission commander will be  Stárshiy Lieutenant Sidi Kovskina.
[/spoiler]

As Stárshiy Lieutenant Kovskina finished his sentence, Red added his own remarks to this whole situation.

"So we are sent out 2 days after the planes had gone missing? Any thief is long gone any survivor most likely died from the cold and injuries, Does any one knows the real mission or rather why was the briefing not 2 days ago?

At the moment it looks like "find & retrieve" mission, Spec OP in behind enemies lines.
In these 2 days, do we have got our hands on any photos, satellite or otherwise, any drone reconnaissance?"

This stinks .... He thought to himself ... something stinks here badly, and i will be darned to let this one go down the drain. ...

Turning his attention to the riggers "Will you be able to get us in under the radar?"

Red knew this has to happen with the utmost attention, as sharp as they could in a speed that was beyond normal capacity. they had to be in, done and out before any one could even arrive on the scene. at least they should try to get it done this way.
« Last Edit: <02-25-13/1107:58> by Kouryuu »
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <02-24-13/1840:15> »
As the briefing was getting derailed, Fisher got worried. The unit was already running around rudderless in the briefing room! But when Red reeled everyone in, he internally breathed a sigh of relief. "He's got my vote for unit commander" he thought to himself.

After properly saluting Stárshiy Lieutenant Kovskina, he paused for a moment. Red was making some valid points. 2 days after the fact meant that astral signatures, if any, would be quite faint at best. "Another hard day at work I guess" he thought to himself. He didn't have any other questions for now, so he just sat in silence, listening to the answers to the other questions that had already been asked.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <02-24-13/2014:26> »
Banai shook his head as Red spoke, not in disagreement but in commiseration. "You are not wrong, Red, but if this was simple retrieval the client would have gone with something more 'cost-effective', I believe. I think it is natural to expect a challenge, but yes... the late start is quite unfortunate..."

Omeed trails off for a moment, still inspecting and digesting the information provided in the report. It seems the crew were all pilots, that was good... they were unlikely to cause trouble if they were still alive, then.  A jumpy, half-starved security team of some sort was one less complication in Banai's mind.

"We were told guerrilas were unlikely, and considering the cargo's destination, I can see why. Any information the analysts can dig up on what other organizations in the area have the motive and capability to shoot down a plane full of magical cargo would be quite helpful. Beyond this, I am more or less out of questions. I am quite receptive to suggestions on how we should approach this." Omeed's last statement was directed to Stárshiy Lieutenant Kovskina and also his comrades at large.
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <02-24-13/2017:30> »
Viktor turns to the one called 'Red' and says, "I should be able to get us in beneath their radar so long as we have at least an approximation of how low their system keeps it, not only that, but I should be able to maintain excellent security on the tactical network. I haven't met the hacker yet who can crack my encryption protocols."
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Magnetbox

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <02-24-13/2209:38> »
Antal finishes his cigarette, throwing it to the ground he stomps on the butt. "I feel there is much we can't decide until we take a look at the planes. I mean without knowing what took them down, without seeing how the gear was taken away, or IF it was even taken away; there isn't much we can say for certain. Staying hidden until that point will be the hard part."

He slouched in his chair, folding his arms behind his head, closing his eyes. You can see his eyes moving back and forth beneath his eyelids, as if he is making mental calculations of some sort. "Sure there are some holes in the plot, but without more evidence we can't fill those in." He shrugs, "I think we are up to it though"

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #36 on: <02-24-13/2218:49> »
Sidi nodded in agreement, "Starshiny Horwath makes a good point, and there are certainly unknown unknowns to be discerned, especially when our client hasn't been so forthcoming. Perhaps some you have other thoughts you would like to share?"
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <02-25-13/0448:27> »
How big and heavy is the cargo?
Does it have any traceable signal, is it easily identifyable, what do we need to look for?
Do we have a limited timeframe?
If it's possible that the client has tried to resolve matters at hand, may we need to expect even more then 4 people we might need to rescue?
If we ever need to contact TriSeq via an unsecure Matrix connection, what's the protocol?
Will the stolen goods need to be handled with specific care, like needs to be cooled at every point in time, or may not freeze ever?
Are survivors of our client a pirmary or a secondary objective? How will we determine, if we in fact found these 4 pilots? The material dosn't list names, but we certainly need to id them.
Will we have fake or nonfake documents allowing us to travel the yakut territory or will we be political trespassers and what consequences would there usually be when they detect,
 a plane flying over their territoy,
 a plane landing in their territory,
 people jumping out of a plane over their territory and landing there?
There was a mention of the territory being unrestricted air space, does one usually need to ask for passage?
Does the Black Box which we shall salvage have any form of signal, we could trace?
Can we access the black box, or do you or does our client need it untouched?
Can we open the cargo crates once found, or do we need to return them unopened?

Butcher was looking through the material again to answer the remaining questions he had by himself, no need to ask for information you allready had.
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #38 on: <02-25-13/0535:00> »
[spoiler]
How big and heavy is the cargo?
Does it have any traceable signal, is it easily identifyable, what do we need to look for?
Do we have a limited timeframe?
If it's possible that the client has tried to resolve matters at hand, may we need to expect even more then 4 people we might need to rescue?
If we ever need to contact TriSeq via an unsecure Matrix connection, what's the protocol?
Will the stolen goods need to be handled with specific care, like needs to be cooled at every point in time, or may not freeze ever?
Are survivors of our client a pirmary or a secondary objective? How will we determine, if we in fact found these 4 pilots? The material dosn't list names, but we certainly need to id them.
Will we have fake or nonfake documents allowing us to travel the yakut territory or will we be political trespassers and what consequences would there usually be when they detect,
 a plane flying over their territoy,
 a plane landing in their territory,
 people jumping out of a plane over their territory and landing there?
There was a mention of the territory being unrestricted air space, does one usually need to ask for passage?
Does the Black Box which we shall salvage have any form of signal, we could trace?
Can we access the black box, or do you or does our client need it untouched?
Can we open the cargo crates once found, or do we need to return them unopened?

Butcher was looking through the material again to answer the remaining questions he had by himself, no need to ask for information you allready had.
[/spoiler]

"Hold your hoses, so many questions, and no real need for them. We have our job and we will do it anyway, there are others whose job it is to make sure we have the knowledge and equipment going in." Red glances at Stárshiy Lieutenant Kovskina, "It's their job to provide us with it.not our job to ask unnecessary questions. If you had shown as much attention in school you would know that a Black box is always giving out a signal to be located, if there will be no signal it's a malfunction, or, what is most likely, someone has tampered with it."
Taking a deep breath red went on, " I trust our Commander has already taken care of most of these questions, and we are not supposed to get arrested or stick long enough around to get noticed. It's straight forward really - We go there, find plane, see if the cargo is still there, take the black box, investigate the crash site and leave before any other authorities start snooping around because of our activities." One more glance at Kovskina to be sure he has understood the mission correctly. " the 2 days most likely mean we will not be able to recover the cargo if some one was after it, but if not then there should be no complications as no one would stick around a downed play for 2 days if they have no deep grudge against the owners."
« Last Edit: <02-25-13/1017:40> by Kouryuu »
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <02-25-13/0620:10> »
These questions are not about wether we take the job, we will do it anyway.
If any of these questions remain unanswered, fine.
But I will not! be stuck out there with several metric tons of orichalcum and no way of moving it and not having asked beforehand.
Also I will not shoot some guys, because I can't determine for certain if they are a threat or in fact our clients.
And the question about how to get in touch if seperated is a work related habit, and it is a work related habit, because it is important.
Also it may be obvious to the pilots if that black box has a signal and how to find it, but to me it's not and as our Contractor made quit clear, we are and we shall be a redundant team, so each of us should know all the details.
Vissei just moved to missions specifics and left us here to discuss, so Yes this is the right time to ask those kind of questions.
Sidi Kovskina explicitly told us the best course of action is to ask questions, so yes there apparently is need for them.
I trust Sidi Kovskina with my life and I trust him with this mission, as well as you apparently do.
So I do as he says and ask questions.
If you have any problem with that, tell it to Sidi Kovskina, Red.

Ernie55

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <02-25-13/0751:09> »
Ellena watched the back and forth between Red and The Butcher with a rye smile on her face. Check out the fragging god complexes on display here. How Red got through basic with that attitude I have no idea. Epitomy of Fullspeed Ahead, Damn the Torpedos...

She lowers her voice and speaks in as calm and neutral tone as possible. Might I suggest, boys, that screaming at each other in front of our CO might not be the best idea in the world. I think The Butcher had some good questions Red. I get that you're so eager to prove yourself, first mission and all that, but the little bit of extra knowledge could mean the difference between life and death out on the ice fields. However your basic grasp of the mission is in my opinion correct, we just need to get out there, find the wreckage and go from there.

Lt Kovskina, how long we have got before we're scheduled to fly out? Might I suggest we go read through and memorise the provided details, gear up and plan further on the way out?

Speech, Thoughts, Comm, Text

Magnetbox

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <02-25-13/2138:09> »
Antal chuckles a bit as everyone seems to be ready to jump on each other... at this point... while we are still at the base. He doesn't jump in though, simply letting others worry with what Antal would consider babysitting.

After Ellena asks her question though he leands forward and nods with a smirk, "Sounds like a great idea, I think some fresh air might do this group some good." He pulls the hat off his head and runs a hand through his short gray hair before replacing it.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <02-25-13/2225:37> »
"I think that's a good idea" says Fisher in response to Antal's suggestion. He gathers the documents that were handed to him and waits for Stárshiy Lieutenant Kovskina's dismissal.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #43 on: <02-26-13/1451:06> »
Nina doesnt really feel comfortable when she sees that her new pack fighting for alpha-post like puppies. Such feelings werent completely unknown to her, well this kind of ambitions needs more dedication she was willing to express. Reading throught file she recalls what she learns when she associated with äll terrain Salish search and rescue squad during her K9 training.
You can possibly think about doubling the leader roles, since with such space and conditions to search, we should probably follow estimated trajectory from both sides. Our numbers are more than enought to do this
She adressess her supperior directly:
Monsieur Kovskina...what is the estimated range of distress radio beacon signal? And what radio equipement were carrying those crew members?

Then steps back a bit, crosing her arms, stiffing her lower lip, subconsciously increasing the volume of stress pheromones released into the air. For the wolf, that waits outside the building, this would mean to stay on guard and allert for danger. For people inside the briefing room, aspecialy for those perceptive, this was nothing more than just a scent of wet bitch, spreading around from her glands.
You know...this seems to me that this would hardly be the first rescue attempt. Imagine...you have planes flying over some territorry. Plane gets downed by some unknown power. Would you send another plane into this hostile territory without knowing, what happened there? No. You would try to find out what happened there or you will find another, safe, route. And now our client is talking about loosing multiple crafts in that territorry, without any leads and investigation known to us, as far as I know. This would mean there were attempts, failed ones, and we didnt get all details, or that rescue teams werent even able to get the information back to our client. And now we are supposed to use plane to get to the place we know someone is shooting down planes. Do we have any naval asset in that territory? Or is it land of perpetual Ice? Since crash zone is quite close to the coast.
« Last Edit: <02-26-13/1503:36> by Sichr »

Thrass

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <02-26-13/1653:03> »
Nina's got some good questions.

Also I too think gearing up is an idea as good as picking fights later when we have time to kill.

Still, questions and answers should be the first thing to deal with.
« Last Edit: <02-26-13/1718:48> by Thrass »